“Well located comfortable good priced hotel”

Best Western Plus Krakow Old Town
Ranked #80 of 262 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife&I recently spent a few days in Krakow.It was a late decision to visit the Christmas Market.We wanted a central hotel at a reasonable price with inclusive Breakfast.The Best Western met all our criteria.It is located within 15/20 mins. easy,safe walking distance from station(cheap easy way to&from Airport) It is also very near the castle,central square,&other places of interest.There is a pleasant walk through a small park immediately in front of the hotel.Our room was small but comfortable & well equipped & quiet.Complementary tea & coffee room service was good.The breakfast was excellent with a good selection The staff were good &helpful. All in all we enjoyed our stay & if visiting Krakow again would be quite happy to stay again.

1  Thank Roy H
RTMonopol, Manager at Best Western Plus Krakow Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Sir,

it was very nice to read your feedback. It is a great honour for me if the Guests are really happy because of our hotel and especially - staff.
We are looking forward to seeing you in our hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 25, 2012

The hotel is clean and very well located in town with main attractions from the centre within minutes of walking. The breakfast was also good and tasty. I had a room facing the street but I had no problems with the noise from trams. Nevertheles those waking up easy because of noise may need to ask for rooms facing the backyard.
I would suggest maybe few things to make the experience of staying at this hotel closer to excellent:
- in days when weather is bad, a gym would be really great to exercise
- the breakfast included pastries that appeared to be Polish specific; I would have liked it to include croissants for those who may like to have such with a coffee in the morning

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Sir,

I am very happy to read your opinion, thank you very much. Your suggestion are really helpful for us.
I hope, that you choose our hotel one more time.

Kindly regards,

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a nice hotel and not very expensive. Booked online at Best Western web site. Staff friendly and professional. We we placed in a room in the newer portion of the facility and it was labeled "Jazz" with bright lavender painted walls and jazz posters in the hallway. The room has the same decorative scheme along with modern style white chairs. I have always found these round, modern style chairs uncomfortable and they proved my point. The rooms also had "mood" lighting that changed from lavender to blue to green to yellow to orange and so forth. Kind of tacky. Beds were very comfortable, though. I would prefer a regular room over a theme room, especially a bad theme room. Nice breakfast served in the dining room and parking available at the most reasonable price I have ever seen in Europe (Approx $15 per night)

Dear Sirs,

thank you very much for your comments. I am surprised about chairs, because usually our Guests are satisfied of them. I invive you to book the room in the standard part of the hotel during your next visit in Cracow.

Best regards,

Hotel Mnaager

Reviewed November 20, 2012

It was a nice experience staying in Best Western - Old Town Krakow. We have booked the Jazz Superior Room and everything was exactly like in the presentation photos. We had all the dotations that we needed plus a super comfortable bed with a playful set of lights behind. The breakfast was included and it was of 9/10 - all the products being fresh. My only remark is that there weren't any specialities (polish specialities) - just general stuff: ham, cheese, tea, cookies, 8 types of salads and sides, 3 types of juices and so on. Also, the desert offer was not the mot generous.

We were a young couple, so for us it was more than needed and we really enjoyed our stay there. Thank you Best Western.

Room Tip: Choose the Jazz rooms (deluxe or superior rooms, for a little less extra, you will really experience...
1  Thank Bogdan U

Dear Sir,

thank you for your great opinion. It is a big honour for me to read it. I hope that you will choose also our hotel during your next trip to our lovely city.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

The Best Western Hotel was brilliant value for money. The room was small but very clean. The toilet/shower room was very modern and clean. You can hear the trams rumbling by outside but it's not a nuisance and you soon forget about it. The breakfast was amazing. Hams and cheeses and eggs and sausage. A good selection and plenty of it. The hotel run trips to The Salt Mine, Auschwitz-Birkenau etc. We chose to go with a local tourist guide as it was a bit cheaper. But for the price of about £20 each they send a taxi to your hotel, take you to your destination (Auschwitz is an hour away) and take you into the museum, show you what to do etc and take you home to your hotel at the end of it. It is an excellent service. We found some of the waitress staff at the hotel a little bit impatient but over all would give 9 out of 10.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
RTMonopol, Manager at Best Western Plus Krakow Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear Sir,

thank you for your opinion. I am very happy to read it. As you know, we are directly nearby the main street, so we are not able to do anything with trams, but I hope that it was not so disturbing to you.
I invite you to our hotel during your next visit in our magnificant city Cracow.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We went here for a 4 night stay,the hotel is in a good position,near market square, very convenient to walk to see many places, the castle, jewish town, and the river, which has boat rides, and lots of places to have drinks, or coffee, we were lucky to have good weather at the time we went in October. The hotel is bed and breakfast, which had an excellent choise, best continental breakfast Ive every had. We ate in the Restaurant at nights, which also was excellent food, and great value for money. The hotel is clean bedrooms good,(but if you get one on the front can be a little noisy with the trams running.) If you get the chance upgrade to Jazz these are of excellent quality and a lot better and quite. Christine & Larry

Room Tip: Pick a room in Jazz, and not on front of hotel, can be noisey with trams going passed all day and in...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
RTMonopol, Manager at Best Western Plus Krakow Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Sirs,
thank you for your great opinion. I am really happy that you were satisfied during your stay. Yes, it is true, that we are nearby the main street where the trams are going, but this is because we are in the city center, and you have got all atractions nearby. Hope you will choose our hotel in the future.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights and found it's location was perfect for the main square in Krakow, and exploring further afield. The staff were helpful, check-in and check-out was effortless and our room was ready when we arrived early.

Breakfast had a very good choice and high quality food, but no full English breakfast from what I could see.

Rooms were clean and warm, with shampoo, soap, towels provided. Beds were comfortable.

The only downside I read before arriving was the noise of the trams outside. We were at the front of the hotel on the top floor, and yes you can hear them and even feel them as they rumble past, but I slept very well and i'm usually a poor sleeper away from home. I can see how this may annoy some people but the plus points of this hotel certainly outweighed this minor problem.

I'd definitely recommend this hotel and wouldn't hesitate in staying again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Sirs,
thank you for your great opinion. I am really happy that you were satisfied during your stay. Hope you will choose our hotel in the future.