Hotel Copernicus
$118
$111
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
ibis Krakow Centrum(Krakow)(Great Value!)
$72
Orbitz.com
$119
$108
  • Pool
Ibis Krakow Stare Miasto(Krakow)(Great Value!)
$93
$79
Travelocity
$105
$95
Agoda.com
$118
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsoldest streetrelais chateauxwawel castleold townsmall poolbeautiful hotelheated floorsthe main squarequiet streetsitting roomperfect locationrooms are largeunderfloor heatinghotel restaurantrooftop barvisit auschwitzjunior suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have not yet even visited the place, just made a reservation, and I was amazed how helpful the staff was for my special requirements and helped us to make sure that the visit would be as good as possible! Honestly, really great, can't wait for the visit!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Akakiv
copernicus1, General Manager at Hotel Copernicus, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for your appreciation!

I hope the stay with us will meet all your expectations. Looking for your opinion I am sending you my best personal regards,

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I cannot say enough great things about this hotel. Stayed there for my 3rd time in July 2012, and Copernicus continues to be a unique, outstanding place in the very heart of Krakow. It is very much worth the price, and then some. The level of service remains outstanding. The servers at the bar are very friendly and attentive. My stay was for four nights, and after the first night, the servers in the bar remembered my drink preferences. One of them (I believe his name is Lukasz) even gave me recommendations on where to go in the Kazmierz district in order to meet locals with whom I could practice my Polish.

Housekeeping service is also excellent - they keep the rooms in immaculate condition. Front desk and bell service is also very welcoming and efficient. The rooms are large and comfortable, and, if you make it clear to the staff when making your reservations what your room preferences are, they will be honored.

Of course, there is no better location at which to stay in Krakow. It's situated close to Wawel Cathedral and Castle, close to the Rynek Glowny (market square), walking distance to Kazmierz (Jewish ghetto), and many other historic sights.

I hope to return for another visit in summer 2013. If you appreciate a historic hotel and outstanding service, you will love Copernicus. I would never stay anywhere else in Krakow; I love this place. It's something very special.

Room Tip: If you prefer a shower, make your preference clear when making your reservation. Rooms are very well soundproofed. Even though I have stayed in rooms facing Kanonicza street, I have never had any noise issues, and I prefer the street view so that I'm not awakened by early morning sun.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank laker777
copernicus1, General Manager at Hotel Copernicus, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing the Copernicus Hotel while staying in Krakow. I am so glad that you enjoyed another stay with us. I will pass your kind opinion to all the Copernicus Team.
We are more than happy to assist you with your reservation in Summer 2013!

Looking for your next visit our Hotel Team is sending you best personal regards,

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Copernicus is in a great location -- 3 minutes off the square, so quieter but in the heart of the Old Town--easy walking to everything. Very nice rooms, outstanding staff and an excellent restaurant. Very good breakfast, but I wouldn't spend the money. Didn't try the spa.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank fly16
copernicus1, General Manager at Hotel Copernicus, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

It has been a pleasure to have you staying with us . We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best personal regards,

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel is in a famous but relatively quiet street,away from much of Krakow's tourist paths, and designed rather ingeniously within an old building to enhance some of its unique features. Staff were helpful with all requests. Our room was quite large and the sealed bathroom that allowed the wood-beamed ceiling to be untouched, was imaginative. Our window looked over the internal atrium but we had no noise problems on the 3rd level. The breàkfast ( we included this in tariff) was the right start - try the omelette - and we ate one dinner in the restaurant, small almost nouvelle cuisine amount but perfectly Med/rare venison. Take some time to peruse the wine list. The gym in the basement was our late afternoon relaxation. If weather permits, take your drink to the open roof area. We give our recommendation while noting the Copernicus is not cheap.

Room Tip: Highest available floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SydneyDavid
copernicus1, General Manager at Hotel Copernicus, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for choosing the Copernicus Hotel while visiting Krakow. I am really happy that you appreciated the historical interiors of our hotel. Thank you for your kind comments about the dinner in our Restaurant. I will pass your kind opionion to our Chef.

We are really hoping that you decide to return to Krakow in tha nearest future and you choose the Relais & Chateaux Copernicus Hotel again.

Best personal regards,

Reviewed September 28, 2012

The following is a copy of our feedback to our travel club.

Had a really great time. Friendly Poles, loads of places to eat and very inexpensive. Light lunch for two with 4 drinks around £15. Massive dinner at recommended restaurant, with loads of drinks around £40.

Loads of draw dropping things to see, including Leonardo’s Lady With Ermine. People queued for hours to see it in London. In the Wawel Barbara and I went straight in to the special room, 15 minutes to view alone, except for two guards. I think it will be there for another two years.

Hotel Copernicus was superb, in terms of service, location and facilities. Breakfast exceptional in terms of choice and quality.

Easyjet on time: service passable. Seat pitch OK. Main problems are unallocated seating (which they say they will address) and relaxed policy on size of cabin baggage, resulting in stress for pax who can’t find space.

Taxi ride from airport £15 in licensed cab, £18 in private cab (booked by hotel).

Loads of places to change GBP, loads of ATMs, and ROE much better than in UK.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LedburyWanderer
copernicus1, General Manager at Hotel Copernicus, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind opinion about the visit in Poland. I really hope that Krakow and the Copernicus Hotel met your expectations.
I am sure that there are a lot of places to discover heare and we really hope to welcome you in our hotel again.

Best regards,