“Fin de siecle hotel, very well situated”
Review of Europejski Hotel

Europejski Hotel
Ranked #72 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We like staying in these Alt Europa style hotels and the Europejski did not disappoint. My group of 38 travelers, aged 11 to 81, all direct descendants of a single set of Czech-American grandparents, fairly well took over the place for three days in the middle of summer. Very reasonably priced. A short walk to the Glavny Rynek, right by the train station but noise is not a problem. Atractive, comfy garden restaurant with adequate menu and unbelievably inexpensive prices. Ample breakfast buffet. Friendly, cooperative staff. This is the kind of European hotel where one doesn't have all the amenities and services -- e.g. no lift, as I can recall -- but the charm and atmosphere more than compensates. Room decor was 90 per cent delightful semi-antiques, 10 per cent kitsch. Just a bit worn at the edges, like a favorite, fine old oriental rug, but it just adds to the character. When you're here, you know you're in Central Europe.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Europejski Hotel

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Always stay at Europejski when we visit Krakow. Old style character with modern twist. Brilliant position for bus and rail - together with town centre. Wonderful restaurant and bar. Very well priced - would highly recommend.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Lovely hotel, the room was really cozy, the jacuzzi was fantastic, and the staff were really friendly and nice. The only issue we had was that the sheets and bedding were a bit uncomfortable and scratchy as it was all polyester instead of cotton

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 12, 2013

this is a wonderful hotel within 7 minutes walk from the railway station and also a gigantic shopping mall that you have to walk through when you get off the train, the hotel is full of olde worldly charm. In the inside it looks like it is stuck in a time warp possibly the 30s but really nice the breakfast although not a cooked breakfast ie eggs and bacon but apart from that loads to eat and more if you wanted it ,the rooms are very spacious and clean and again olde worldly
(see pictures ) now that i have told you the good bits now i have to tell you the bad bits the NOISE AT NIGHT was unbelievable with gangs of teenagers running up and down the corridors generally acting soft and playing loud music and shouting, i am pretty easy going (see my other reviews i don't ever complain ) but when this is happening at 4 55 AM it is going past a joke i told the reception about this on each of my three nights stay and they did act on it but when they went away it started again it was a shame really to spoil such a nice hotel

Room Tip: don't go if you are a light sleeper it will spoil the holiday
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is a humble hotel, with a lot of little special touches that make it a wonderful place to stay. We loved the breakfast; I could tell the women who ran the breakfast had been up for hours preparing. Everything was immaculate and well taken care of. This was our first destination in Europe. I have lived in Europe, but my dad and 83 year old grandma had never been. This was the most amazing first experience for them I could have hoped for. The polish people are one of a kind. I would not call them warm or inviting; they have been through hell. The polish people keep to themselves and are wary. They are also hard working and hospitable. They are a special people, I am very lucky to have experienced a small portion of their lifestyle and I hope to return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Would recommend this hotel, excellent base. Next door to the train and coach station, on the edge of the old quarter.
We found this deal with Last Minute. com. We were not expecting much for the amount of money paid for the trip to include, flights, accommodation and breakfast.
Our room had a double and a single bed. The beds had a special mattress topper to make them ultra comfortable. There was a two seater settee, table and 2 chairs in the room, rather like a minute suite. Our room had no bath, but the shower was excellent, powerful and hot.
The service at breakfast was brilliant. The offer of some hot food to go with the magnificent buffet was great.
We chose to eat 2 of the nights in the hotel bar, which was like a Pub/Restaurant (the same place you had your breakfast).
We were treated very well by the staff. The selection of drinks was good. The cost of an evening out, steak dinner with wine and drinks was amazing. I just loved the different way the Polish do their food. The pasta with chicken, spinach and sauce was really different and very tasty.

Room Tip: Ask for room to overlook the square if you want a good view. The pasta with chicken, spinach and sa...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank helenwest
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I booked this hotel because it's next to the train station. I traveled to Krakow by train on my own and wanted something easy to find. I was pleasantly surprised on how nice the hotel was. My room was a bit smaller than I'm used to, but it was so pretty and comfortable that it didn't matter. The hotel has a very classic European feel and so much better than staying in an American hotel. The staff was extremely friendly. They helped me with directions, finding a phone charger and all the little questions that I had. They made me feel very welcome which was great since I was in a country alone with a language I don't speak. They have good free breakfast and free wifi. I was also surprised by free bottle of water and candy in the room.
Not only was this hotel close to the train station, but I had no problem finding the main square and was only about a twenty five minute walk from the Castle. Krakow is a very modern city and totally worth a walk around. In all I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo