“Nice clean 30's style hotel”
Review of Saski Hotel

Saski Hotel
Ranked #152 of 264 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed January 28, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this charming hotel. Rooms were very clean, bathrooms were modern. Location was great being just off the main square, footsteps away from restaurants and bars. Complementary breakfast was just ok(they could do better). Would consider staying there again.

Room Tip: Request a double bed, otherwise you might get two twins.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank wrldtrvlr407

Reviewed December 22, 2011

We really enjoyed staying at this hotel. My boyfriend and I went to Krakow for 3 days and stayed here, a hotel recommended by some friends. The hotel is located just a minutes walk away from the main square. You can park outside the hotel, but you need to be careful which direction you come from as I came from the wrong side (following sat nav) and ended up on the square, so had to reverse my way back! We got a car park recommendation from the hotel which was about a 5 minute walk away.

The hotel staff are friendly, the hotel has an old lift and nice, clean rooms. We had a corner room, which was lovely and bright, although quite noisy in the mornings with buses and dustbin lorries. The room was spacious. The bathroom was OK - if anything, this is what could be renovated to make it a bit better - however, it was clean and perfectly fine, especially as we were only staying 2 nights. A bit smelly though!

I would recommend this hotel to others, especially as it doesn't have a huge price tag.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tiger7577
Reviewed December 15, 2011

We were kind of desperate when we entered the reception at Saski Hotel. The apartment we had rented was a big disappointment, and when we got a double room at Saski Hotel for a good price there were no doubt in our mind.

At one point I think Saski Hotel most likely was a great hotel, now it´s a little bit run downed, but it still has a great location close to the main square. 50 meters walk, and you are there. Some of the rooms have windows towards the street, and it might get a little bit noisy at night with a couple of nightclub just down the street.

The beds were good, and the staff were polite. If you only need an ok and clean place to stay, close to everything for a reasonable price, I can recommend Saski Hotel. If you want something luxuries, I would keep on looking

We enjoyed our breakfast, the staff were polite

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank sivling
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Having read several reviews saying how noisy this hotel is, I went armed with earplugs. I didn't need them; it was peaceful every one of the four nights we stayed here. The hotel is welcoming and our room was comfortable and warm. All the staff were very friendly and helpful and the reception staff all spoke English well. Breakfast wasn't the best I've seen, but it was adequate. Overall our experience was a very good one, and as a fairly regular visitor to Krakow, this will be the hotel I will stay at in the future. It's position so close to the square is excellent and it provides a comfortable base - and the old fashioned lift is brilliant!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Frances S
Reviewed November 26, 2011

In general we found our experience in Krakow delightful and this was capped off by staying in the Saski Hotel which is less than five minutes to the Old Square. Surrounded by ample restaurants and shops it is an ideal place to base yourself. The building itself is of the older style but well maintained and in our case we found the Housekeeping staff particualrly helpful lending us a vacuum cleaner to suck down luggage bags. Remembering that we only slept there we found the rooms more than ample. There is a lift and the WiFi is acceptable, dependant I think on how far from the modem you were. The reception staff speak english and we found them helpful and informative. We had booked several months prior and when we arrived all was in readiness.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2011

The Hotel Saski is in a great location; however, forget about sleeping here. Forget about sleeping here because they may not have your reservation! Despite showing the woman at the front desk my confirmation, she insisted I had no reservation. For 30 minutes she shuffled papers in front of her until I finally lost my cool and demanded that she find me a room. So she did.... a single with no bathroom that looked like it hadn't been renovated in years! The bathroom was quite some distance away down a dark corridor. When I asked that the lights in the hallway be turned on, I was told, "No." Evidently, every night is party night in Krakow because the noise from the street below was unbelievable I was woken up at midnight and the partying continued until 7 am when a man started SCREAMING outside the hotel. Needless to say, when I returned to Boston I was awake for 27 hours..and was not happy.

There is a restaurant and bar inside the hotel and the food was okay. The restaurant staff were warm and friendly, the maids were helpful, but the hotel staff members(front desk, etc.) were rude! Asking them to call a cab was a major deal! STAY ELSEWHERE!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2011

The hotel is in an excellent location-just a few steps away from the main square but this is also a major problem. I had one of the larger "suite" rooms (202) and got about 2 hours sleep each night I was there. I stayed on a Friday and Saturday night (which could be part of the problem) and was kept awake by loud dance music from around 10pm to 4am. I can sleep through most things but this was so loud my bed was actually vibrating with the bass! The staff were unhelpful and said I couldn't be moved. I only stayed for 2 nights in total otherwise I would have moved to another hotel.... Otherwise the hotel is ok for a budget hotel. It's clean and comfortable if dated.

• Stayed: October 2011