“Good all round hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 256 Hotels in Krakow
birmingham
“Good all round hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

The wife and I stayed in the hotel for four nights from Thursday till Tuesday the 25th June .The hotel is a good 3 star acomodation very clean and in an ideal spot to enjoy the restaurants and bars around the square of the Jewish quarter. We did most of the trips available Auchwitz, Salt mines and Schindlers factory but we found the best to be the four hour bike ride around Krakow with Cruising Krakow bike tours .We were guided by Mike, Polish born but raised in Canada so spoke perfect English and we got a great insite into all where he took us very knowlegable. It was made better though that the weather was great at the time well up into the late 20s early 30s.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank adrianBirmingham
Iwona S, Manager at Regent Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind comment about our standard, cleanness and location. I am glad that the fine weather allowed you to explore Krakow by bike.
Malgorzata Badocha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Morecambe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just returned after staying a week in the Regent Hotel the staff were very friendly and helpful the breakfast had plenty of choice the only thing that let it down was the room we were allocated which was 104 at the front the noise from the street and the heat of the room were unbearable no air conditioning.
If you stay at this Hotel make sure you ask for a room at the back.
The location is within walking distance of everything you would wish to see if your fit and able the hotel is a bit dated so don't expect any frills if we were to stay here again it would have to be a room away from the street.

Room Tip: Ask for room 108 110 208 210 308 310 all at the back and quieter
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Iwona S, Manager at Regent Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review. I am sorry to hear that you were bothered by noises from the street. I hope this will not discourage you from visiting our hotel again.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I am writing this review from the garden of the regent hotel Krakow waiting for the transfer to the airport after being here for four days and I would highly recommend this hotel the room was comfortable and spotless and the staff have all been very pleasant and helpful we stayed on the first floor at
the front of the building but it was still quite at night Krakow is a fantastic place so many bars and restaurants to choose from Will certainly be returning to Krakow and the regent hotel many thanks to you all

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank davidcurry293
Iwona S, Manager at Regent Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest,
This is the first review written from our hotel garden! Thank you very much. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and looking forward to welcoming you on your next visit in Krakow.
Enfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

very pleasant staff, room clean modern and tidy, breakfast was laid out well . staff helped us with trips and transfers, always smiling.not situated location wise for market square,main bars and restuarants, good location for the river and schindlers factory.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Iwona S, Manager at Regent Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us and providing us with your kind comments. We hope to see you again in the future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel is excellent value for money-the room was cleaned daily, the breakfast selection was far beyond our expectations and the staff were friendly.

The lack of a hotel bar isn't a problem as there are so many quirky bars on Jofeza Street or round the corner in Plac Nowy. Despite the buzzing nightlife we never suffered from any noise. The Old Town is a ten minute walk away and you avoid the inflated prices for tourists.

Our only minor issue was the double bed was two single beds pushed together.

Room Tip: When we booked we specifically requested a double bed-I'd recommend couples do this as other roo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Iwona S, Manager at Regent Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
It was a great pleasure to read your feedback. Thank you for the effort you put into writing this review. We hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.
Limerick, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I've just returned from a few days in Krakow with my grandmother. We stayed in the Regent Hotel. It is located in the Jewish Quarter which is a nice area. We walked everywhere since we weren't in a rush but there are tram lines near the hotel that will take you there faster since it is a bit of a distance away.

We stayed in room 303 which was quite small but this didn't bother us since we were really just using the hotel for sleeping. It had a good layout and the space was used very well. Bathroom was fantastic with a great shower.

There is free wifi in the rooms but it didn't reach our room. If wifi is important, request a room on a lower floor. It reached the hall outside our room and was even in our bathroom so a lower floor would be grand for wifi.

The people at reception have fantastic English and most of them were so friendly. However, I was told in an email that an airport transfer would cost 100 zloty, but when I booking one to leave it turned out it only cost 80 zloty. I had already booked with another company on the way there so it would have been nice if they had given correct information.

The staff in the restaurant were incredibly rude. I was sick one day that we were going to the Salt Mines so couldn't make it to breakfast. My grandmother asked at reception if it was possible to take food up to the room for me when she was going back up since I wasn't feeling well. She was told this was fine. She was also told by one of the staff members in the restaurant that this was ok. However, on her way out another member of staff there told my nana she couldn't take food up and was then very rude to her when she explained that she'd already asked. For the rest of our stay, this staff member was staring at us whenever we ate and it was infuriating. The look she gave us was one that shop assistants give to people they think are shoplifting. There was no need for it at all and it was disgraceful.

The breakfast was fine. There were several options so everyone should be able to find something they would eat.

The hotel organises tours to Auschwitz and the Salt Mines. Our guide for Auschwitz didn't have a great level of English which definitely took away from the experience slightly but other than that it was fantastic. The Salt Mines tour was great also. It was a good idea to go with the hotel for these tours since I've heard that other tours can be a bit dodgy to go with and some don't even show the film on the bus trip. My nana gets car sick so requested the front seat when we booked the tours and this was given to her no problem. Some people decided to do both of those tours in one day, but I found that I was exhausted after Auschwitz so I was happy that I went on different days.

Overall the hotel was grand. I knew it was 3 stars so didn't expect much and everything was good except for that one in the restaurant. I really can't compliment the reception staff enough since they were fantastic. The cleaning staff were also great and so nice and friendly.

Also, be aware that the hotel will ask for tax at the end of your stay (I think it's 1.60 a night per person) and you may not be told of this at the start of your stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor have a very weak internet signal and seem to be a bit smaller. I've heard...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SiogDorcha
Iwona S, Manager at Regent Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your valued feedback. I am really sorry that your experience at breakfast was negative and you found one of the waitress rude. I will pass your review to Restaurant Manager. I am sure he will take it seriously. About the price for transfers, I would like to explain that transfer from the airport is more expensive than transfer to the airport because drivers are obliged to pay additional fee for the car park. I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future as in spite of everything your stay seemed to be enjoyable.
dexter in westcliff
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We have just spent three nights at the Regent in Krakov's Jewish quarter and found it to be a very nice hotel if a little dark. The staff were lovely though and very helpful with booking trips etc.
The area has plenty of eateries and the amount of things to do in and around Krakow are fantastic. Try to do the trip to Zakopane and go up on the funicular train to the top. Really lovely place. Auschwich was as shocking as you would expect it to be but well worth a visit. The salt mine was a bit of a shock as if you go in a group they just open a door and you start to descend steps and they go on for so long you think it is some sort of joke. By the time we eventually got to a chamber and stopped I was having a panic attack and had to come back up in a lift. Be warned it is a very long wait for they others to come out!
All in all it was a fantastic holiday and I would recommend anyone to go.
Just a word of advice though about the hotel room. I would recommend a room at the back as we had an attic room at the front and the noise from revellers outside from 2 am until about 4 is pretty dreadful. Not hotels' fault of course.

Room Tip: See above.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Iwona S, Manager at Regent Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for very nice review. You mentioned about trips you did and it seems that Zakopane made a big impression on you. Next time I recommend you to take the raft trip on the Dunajec river in Pieniny Mountains.