“Friendly and quiet Hotel”
Review of Eden Hotel

Eden Hotel
Ranked #22 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This month, November my friend and I stayed for 4 nights in the Hotel Eden. It is in a very quiet street in the Jewish Quarter of Kazimierz. The room was clean and the staff were very friendly and most helpful. They suggested various places of interest and one could order a packed lunch. This was most sufficient and reasonable.There were plenty of restaurants near by and to walk into town took only 10 -15 minutes. The buffet breakfast was very good with good choices of meats, cheeses and salads. You could also have eggs done as you liked it.
Krakow is a fantastic city and easy to get around. We found that staying in the Hotel Eden was the ideal place in every way. We strongly recommend this small but friendly Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Alinechka, Manager at Eden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Sir or Madam,
Thank you for your review of Hotel Eden. I'm pleased you liked our hotel and look forward to seeing you here again.
Best regards from snowy Krakow,

There are newer reviews for Eden Hotel

Reviewed November 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights in November. This is a lovely Hotel situated in a quiet street. The Hotel is realy clean and the staff are so helpful friendly and accomodating nothing is too much trouble from advising on places to go, booking excursions and providing a packed lunch (fantastic value and good quality) Even out of the ordinary requests like providing tools to break padlock on suitcase when keys were lost and an adapter (the three we took were of the wrong type) For a quiet friendly Hotel full of character cant recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for such a a nice opinion of hotel Eden! I'm very happy you had a nice stay in our hotel and hope to see you here again.

Best regards from Krakow,

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of October 2012.
Whilst still in a great location for accessing the majority of Krakow's sites and close to some great restaraunts, this hotel does not suffer from too much road noise because it is situated on a quiet back road in Kazimierz.

A couple of relatively minor negatives:

We returned home one evening to find our room hadn't been cleaned despite having had a "Please clean our room" sign up (about 6 p.m.). To their credit, once my wife had spoken to the exceptionally friendly reception staff, the room was seen to almost immediately.
We also found that the drain in the shower smelt pretty bad after we'd had a shower. I'm sure this was something a quick treatment with bleach could sort out.

The room and the rest of the stay:

The room itself was relatively basic and perhaps a little dated, but spacious, (very) warm, functional, clean and the bed was OK to sleep on. The breakfasts were relatively basic too with the choice of cereal, cold meats/cheeses and yoghurts. The packed lunchwe ordered to take on our day trip to Auschwitz was lovely (~£4 /person).

All in all, I would say this was a decent place to stay with very friendly staff and a comfortable room, with some minor improvements it could have been great for our city break.

Dear Sir,
I appreciated your review of our hotel. It is very unusual for us to have complaints about the shower drain and late cleaning but I will investigate and do what is needed.

In spite of these I still hope you had a nice time in hotel Eden and will visit us here again.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I just got back from my 6th visit to Krakow and my 5th staying in Eden. As always, it was a huge pleasure to stay in Eden. The staff has always been very friendly, I always receive a warm welcome from everyone who works there. The rooms are very nice, the breakfast buffet is delicious. Going to Krakow feels like going home every time and that feeling is partially given by the wonderful place Eden is, together with the staff. I can't wait to go back there. The one time that I didn't stay at Eden was because it was fully booked. However, the people from Eden helped me find another hotel. It's needless to say that I was very thankful, but of course I booked a room in Eden again the next time I've visited Krakow.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Alinechka, Manager at Eden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Mr van de Kerre,
Thank you for such a nice review of Hotel Eden.
It was a pleasure to accomodate you all these times and I do hope you continue to use our hotel.
We try satisfy all of our guests and make them feel at home.
The guests are the ones who create the friendy atmosphere here in Eden!

Best regards from Krakow,

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Didn't get to nyc and booked this as a very late deal. Arrived to be allocated a suite. Wonderful!! Clean, comfortable, spacious. Friendly reception staff who were helpful and polite. Borrowed an umbrella on our wet last day. Two very minor points. Breakfast a bit routine although ok and hair drier so hot it scorched my hair and burned my face and neck but minor issues. Would definitely recommend and stay again

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gillk65
Alinechka, Manager at Eden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Sir or Madam,
Thank you for posting your opinion of Hotel Eden. I'm pleased that you enjoyed our city and hope that you will visit us again. Also thank you for your breakfast suggestions.
Best regards,

Reviewed October 31, 2012

What can I say. My husband and I have seen Krakow develop over the last 10 years or so but this hotel is the one we will always stay at. For value for money excellent service and position, this is far superior to any other. It is right in the Kazmierz district with fabulous restaurants all around. It is wonderful and I would always recommend this place to actually experience the true Jewish quarter. This is the ONLY true Jewish place left. I thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: All rooms are fab but my favourite one is 121
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Alinechka, Manager at Eden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Guests,
On behalf of the directors and staff of Hotel Eden I want to say a special Thank You for the review just placed in TripAdvisor.
We all enjoy having you as guests and greatly appreciate the strong recommendation and endorsement of our hotel and staff.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at The Eden Hotel at the end of October 2012. We arrived at the main station and decided to walk to our hotel which is about 30 minutes walk if you have luggage and don't know where you are going, found out later a taxi is about 15 zloty £3. Hotel is located in the Jewish area south of the main square. Our room was 321 very spacious and clean. As previous have said reception staff friendly and welcoming, the same staff booked tours for us and even supplied pack lunches. Krakow is amazing and 3/4 days is about right to see everything as long as you are active. Restaurants/ Bars everywhere with excellent food and drink. Lunch 2 courses, 2 large beers and a vodka was £14.00 for two people dinner maybe £30.00 for two people including several drinks. We spent £250 in 4 days including to full day trips with private tour guides, now that is value for money. Would highly praise The Eden Hotel for its friendliness, cleanliness, breakfast and location. Finally book the Auschwitz Birkenau tour at the hotel it was cheaper than some guests paid booking in advance from the UK and is an Absolute MUST for visitors to Krakow.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Alinechka, Manager at Eden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of Hotel Eden. I'm very pleased you liked our hotel and Krakow and hope to see you here again.
Regards from Krakow,