Hotel Batory
$130
$114
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsold townthe main squaretrain stationrecommend this hoteltriple roomminute walkcharming hotelpriced hotelquiet areathe ground floorfour nightschoose this hotelpublic transportbreakfast was excellentwithin walking distancevisit krakow againscrambled eggs
Reviewed April 20, 2012

This a 3 star hotel that is not much to look at on the outside, but like myself, has it all where it counts: on the inside.
We ate in the hotel nearly every night and was never disappointed. The breakfast is a buffet, but there is something for everyone.
The staff were most helpful and friendly, and went to great lengths when I was dumb enough to (temporarily) loose my travel documents and lock myself out of my room: "No problem".
I would definitely consider using this hotel if I am ever again in the lovely city of Krakow.

Room Tip: The beds are a bit on the small side, so we would need singles for our next visit. Neither of us are of American proportions. It can be a little noisy at night, but closing the windows helps. Doh!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ian M
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I booked there 2 nights in a double room with a kingsize bed, taking advantage of a promotion (only about €70 for two nights - can you believe) and was really positively surprised when I opened the door of the room. The room was huge: consisted of a long corridor (a part of it also played a role of a working room with a work desk), and the bedroom part - also quite spacious with a flatscreen TV, a nice medium-hard bed, and windows on two sides. There was also a very nice (and large) balcony - or rather a terrace - with chairs and a table, but since it was -20C outside, we of course didn't use it. WiFi was free and fast.
The bathroom was also spacious - well equipped (hairdryer and even the scales!), with a shower, a toilet, a washbasin and a bidet. All new, stylish and pleasant.

As for breakfasts - the choice was very wide (scrambled eggs, boiled sausages, selection of cheese, ham and vegetables etc) and impressive.
Overall, a really nice stay.
BTW, there's a free car park, but quite small and I had a lot of luck finding an empty space at 10 pm when I arrived at the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nathaniel77
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Stayed here last year as we found a good deal on Expedia, I was really impressed with this hotel especially for the price! Only thing was the walls were a bit thin so u could hear hair dyers and tells but not disturbingly loud or anything like that. Hotel was spotless, the location was good but is a good ten mins walk to the square but we didn't mind this as it was taking in some of the city but if you want to be more central you might find it an issue. Loved the hotel and would stay here again on a return to Krakow!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Stayed 3 nights at this nice hotel. The corridors were very quiet, probably because of the carpets om the floors.
The rooms very tastefully decorated.
Generally the atmosphere was calm and relaxed,
The staff were so friendly, smiling and helpful, and the breakfastbuffet was big.
The hotel offers airport transfer at fixed price zt 80 (DEC11) for 4 persons. Very convenient, takes aprox. 30 minutes.
Only negative thing - there is an ambulancestation opposite the hotel. One morning, early, I amsure they tried the alarm on all cars. Maybe a good idea to ask for room at the backside of the hotel

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 6, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel for the 3rd time on our short visits to Krakow. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They also do a taxi service to and from the airport where they will pick you up when your flight arrives and also when you are ready to leave for your flight home. The rooms are lovely and very cosy and warm, especially when you go to Krakow when it is cold. They are also very clean. The restaurant is great and you have a choice of different meals. A lot of hotels in Krakow are just bed and breakfast as we found out from friends, but we had the choice of staying in the restaurant or going out at night for a meal, which is good. The breakfast buffet has a very wide range of foods also and is very good. From the hotel to the main square is about a 10 minute walk, you also have the Galleria shopping centre, again about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Any room is good
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple