Polin Travel Guide & Genealogy - Private Day Tours
Ranked #48 of 257 Tours in Krakow
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer special academically designed one day private tours to Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum, Cracow, Kazimierz, Wieliczka Salt Mine and majority of Polish and Jewish heritage and Holocaust related sites in Poland. We specialize in private guiding and genealogy services in Poland but we also work in other fields like Christian genealogy and regular private, expert guided tours to most popular travel destinations around Cracow and Central Europe. All our guides have broad academic education and years of experience conducting tailor-made tours though Poland. We always match our best guides according to the chosen travel itinerary and the visitors background and needs. In this way we secure not only exploring the local history with professionals but also often lasting personal contact enriching the travel experience. We believe in quality, not quantity.
Phoenix, Arizona
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Polin Travel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

This past June my girlfriend and I visited several East European cities including Krakow, Poland. I felt it necessary to seek a tour guide as we were interested in Jewish History pre and during World War II in Krakow. After doing my research on TA and the Internet, I hired Tomasz to be our guide. I came away with more than I ever expected. Tomasz is a learned young man. His knowledge of Synagogues, Temples, Schindler's Factory, the Krakow Ghetto and finally Auschwitz. Tomasz was full of information as well as sensitive to the plight of the Polish Jewish Population. For me Tomasz is equal in many ways to a Rabbi. He knew of ritual and language, he knew the history, after spending time with Tomasz I felt like I had the lessons I wanted. I highly reccomend Tomasz. Check out his website, www.jewish-guide.com

Feel free to contact me through TA for more information.

2 Thank greyhound85034

• Hebrew first
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“LIFE CHANGING FROM A NON LIFE CHANGING PERSON”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Tomasz's knowledge of Holocaust history helped me connect the missing dots of my family's history. His charisma with records employees and town's people helped us uncover history that I never thought was possible to uncover. He is an amazing wonderful mannered guide and was open to any conversation. I would use him again tomorrow. Karl Goldberg

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Karl G
Edwards, Colorado
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beyond Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Our family travels frequently. We have been on every type of tour imaginable. Being with Tomasz Cebulski was inspiring. Another reviewer already used the words life-changing, but his insight into genocide was exactly that. So much so, I had to fight back tears when I said goodbye to this guide after less than four days of knowing him. I am frustrated writing this review because "excellent" does not adequately capture the experience. Magical, life-changing, extraordinary are superlatives that better describe the experience. It was our great fortune that another very experienced tour guide recommended him.

Tomasz brings history to life. He tirelessly explained things to us so we could actually absorb the history. How often do you leave a tour guide and be able to remember the facts and figures? Somehow, Tomasz teaches as he guides. What a gift!

Lest you worry, Tomasz is also great fun to be with as you tour. He has wit, compassion and knowledge. He took us to wonderful places to eat. He understood the dynamics of the group. He was open to sharing about his own life experiences in Poland.

Tomasz really strove to give us a wonderful experience at all levels. We were so mesmerized that we wanted him with us wherever we were going. I cannot say enough good things about Tomasz!

He is a true scholar gentleman.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank SeasonedVenturer
Santa Monica, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Tomasz Cebulski Changes Lives”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Tomasz changes lives because he brings long-forgotten stories and lives BACK TO LIFE. My father survived the Holocaust, but could not survive "real" life. He died when I was 12 and his life and stories before I was born died with him. Because of Tomasz's tireless devotion to research, history, and education so that something as brutal as The Holocaust never happens again, he brings a much needed HUMANITY, COMPASSION, and SPECIFICITY to each life he uncovers. He made me feel as if he KNEW my father. He lead me to ALL the places where he lived, breathed, and suffered. Not only that, I now have a copy of his birth certificate. Tomasz has provided me nothing short of The Gift of Life.

Visited August 2012