“THE place for Polish Craft Beers”

Omerta Pub & more...
Ranked #112 of 1,729 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Omertà is divided into two pubs with a larger seating area in the middle. The Polish craft beer side offers about a dozen drafts and loads of bottled beers...none of which I could pronounce ...but the staff was very helpful and I certainly enjoyed their recommendationS. The other side of the pub has an equal number of taps and a large selection of International brews. If Craft beers interest you, I think Poland's are Excellent & you Do Not want to miss Omertà.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is not a bar for stag do's or lads on tour, this is for the real beer enthusiasts I didn't know this bar existed before arriving in Krakow but am really glad that I found it as it is one of the best bars I have ever visited in the world.

The bar is located in the Jewish district of Krakow away from the main square and tourists, it was always full even on a week night mainly with locals.

There are 2 bars a Polish beer bar and a foreign beer bar. I was surprised to walk in and see beers form Thornbridge, Brewdog and Red Willow. The beer selection is better than most bars in the UK at a fraction of the price. For example there was a Brewdog beer that costs £20 in the UK for £8, They do have a range of more reasonably priced beers but if you like your weird and wonderful beer then this is the pace for you.

The staff were all great especially a girl with red hair who was very friendly.

This bar is a must if you are coming to Krakow.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

On the way to Prague for the search of exceptional pubs and beers this spot was like a miracle. I found it via ratebeer.com

As a real beer lover and explorer (also a bit into business of this product) I was amazed by this place. Quite off piste from the centre it offers superb choice of beers: they had like 12 taps of Polish craft beer (i tried IPA, Irish stout, American pale ale and Belgium pale ale, names were to difficult to remember) and 16 of beers from foreign breweries that some of them were pretty new even for me.

Place has a decent pub atmosphere, relaxed local crowd, very friendly and knowing their job speciality staff. It's amazing when just by ordering one beer you can get information about Polish beer price issues and where to find proper bottle shop. I highly recommend this place for people who are into beer exploring or want to get out from centre full of tourists and commercial spots.

1  Thank Tomchius
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was told about Omerta by my Polish colleague when we were discussing my weekend plans and he told me that you have not experienced Krakow, if you have not been to Omerta. I was certainly intrigued and with skeptism, I thought of exploring the place myself. I shared my plans with the hotel reception and the receptionist told me another unique thing about the pub and that was- irrespective of how much you drink- you would not get the same glass again! and thats the variet of glasses out there! So I thought of making a visit. I chose the bar counter and asked for a local beer. I do not remember the name but it was 1 4 character, 2 syllable name i guess. I asked for recomendations and the bar attendent kept serving me with some specialties, told me stories about each beer and it was fun spending the evening there!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

A nice selection of about 20 different brews on draft, and dozens more in the bottle. Omerta is serving a critical need now, as, like the UK in the 1970s, and the USA until the early to middle 1980s, Poland's hotels and restaurants serve basically one beer, which ever is contracted. These beers are the usual pilsners. Nothing wrong with them, a Czech pils or a Polish pils are fine, but, there's no variety, and one likes a nice porter or IPA once in a while. Also, of course, these pils are made by large companies, so its nice to have local and small production supported.

Nothing fancy about Omertà. Lots of Marlon Brando and Godfather quotes and posters. Setting is sort of faded post-Communist decor that seems to be de rigeur for Kazimierz restaurants and bars.

The beers are kept nicely and served with care. We enjoyed a Baltic porter (alas not on draft) and a local dark IPA (on draft).