“Excellent staff”

Ibis Krakow Stare Miasto
Ranked #58 of 264 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 days recently. Great hotel, should really be proud of the staff's commitment to their guests quality of stay. Very friendly, lots of different languages spoken. Check in great, room great, bar great, never ate evening meal in but restaurant was popular with guests.
2 minuses, the car park is expensive, 45 zlote per day
The restaurant is to small for the amount of guests in the morning, getting a table is difficult.

Other than that highly recommend

• Stayed: March 2013
Janusz M, Manager at Ibis Krakow Stare Miasto, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts about your recent stay with us and recommending the hotel.

It was a great pleasure to hear your positive feedback in regards to a friendly team of staff who went beyond your expectations to make your stay more comfortable. I am going to share your comments with all of my team who I am sure will be delighted to learn that their efforts have been appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Kraków Stare Miasto in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,059)

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Booked this hotel over the internet roughly a month in advance and got a good price for the night, a little over £30, which isn't too bad considering its location. It is roughly 300 metres from the Galeria Krakowska shopping centre, which itself backs on to the main railway station. The main square or rynek is also a 10 to 15 minute walk away.
The staff as always are friendly and helpful. Breakfast was the standard fayre of eggs, sausage, bacon, cold meats and cheeses, fruits and cereals. Teas, coffee and fruit juices. (Eat/drink all you want) This came at an extra cost of either 32zl(£6.50ish) if prebooked or 36zl if not.
I personally did not go a lot on the restaurant menu. I just wish some of these hotels would stop trying to serve gourmet type meals and go for the basics or traditional type meals, I mean wok fried chicken with honey and nuts, really!
The room itself seemed to me to be a little smaller than the rooms in the other Ibis in Krakow, but that is just being finicky. Not so good was the shower which couldn't make up its mind whether to run hot, cold, or the temperature which I wanted. (By the way I did 2 stays at the hotel, one on arriving in Poland and the other when leaving, so had 2 different rooms and the showering was the same in both).
Yes I would stay there again, since all in all the shower was the only thing that was an annoyance. Meals you can go anywhere for, and as I have previously said the hotels location and staff make up for the rest.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Janusz M, Manager at Ibis Krakow Stare Miasto, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts about your recent stay at ibis Kraków Stare Miasto.

It was a pleasure to hear your positive feedback in regards to a friendly team of staff and a very clean room. Please also look for some fantastic Offers to book online only for any future stays with us. I am going to share your comments with all of my team who I am sure will be delighted to learn that their efforts have been appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed for three nights with a large group of friends.Had a great stay,the hotel is clean,has friendly staff,is great value and offers a fantastic breakfast.
The shower in the room was amazing and it has a great location and we got the train back to krakow airport easily.
It's my second time to krakow and if I come again I will stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013
Janusz M, Manager at Ibis Krakow Stare Miasto, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Sir / Madame,
Thank you for your positive comments on TripAvisor. I hope you will choose to stay with us again in future.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Room was clean, modern, comfortable. warm, bed was ok, could have done with more pillows. Little bit of street noise, mainly the trams, but not too bad.

Staff were friendly.

Good location, close (5 min walk) to Galleria shopping centre and train station, 15 min walk to old town.

Did not try the breakfast. The bar was very quiet, service was good, prices not too bad.

Would stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the street with trams
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank john_carolLondon

Dear Sir / Madam
I am happy to hear you had a great time and enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stepped out of the train station lost and confused, thinking here we go again with the big search for the little hotel in a strange city. Look to the right - there it is. That was easy.

Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Room was everything you'd want: clean, spacious and quiet. We'd forgotten our UK socket adapter so before we bought one we thought it was worth asking at reception - no problem at all. Just hand it back in when you leave. We were also given a voucher for 10% off your bill at Hard Rock Cafe.

If I was to rack my brains for a negative I'd mention that we only had one thin pillow each. It was no big deal though and they'd have given us extra if we'd have asked. No doubt.

So overall a perfect hotel. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

DearSir / Madame,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay with us recently. I am pleased to hear you had a pleasant stay and hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Comfortable standard Ibis hotel (there's Ibis budget the next door!), situated near the Krakow Glowny main station. Old town is in a walking distance, the train station includes a large shopping mall with supermarket.
There is a parking at the hotel territory, but they ask to pay for it - it was a disappointing surprise.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Janusz M, Manager at Ibis Krakow Stare Miasto, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Sir / Madame, we very much appreciate all your thoughts. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and having noted all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Janusz Migacz.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed in this Hotel in late January 2013 and as with all the Ibis hotels we have stayed in did not let us down.It was opened in April 2012 and is a fine big modern Hotel.It is so close to the old town, train and bus station makes this Hotel a must if you visit Krakow.The breakfast itself we found very good with a choice of hot and cold food with all you can eat to set you up for the day.If you are a late riser you can get breakfast up to 11 am, which you will not get this service in most Hotels anywhere.
The bar is not bad either if you want to finish off the day with a drink or a coffee before you hit the bed after a long day sightseeing.The staff were helpful and friendly and spoke good English.We will be back to Krakow again ,and we will defiantly be booking this Hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in level 4 and found very quite
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank clohanes
Janusz M, Manager at Ibis Krakow Stare Miasto, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Sir / Madame,

I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Ibis Stare Miasto in Kraków. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.
Kind regards,