“great service”

Cafe Art
Ranked #466 of 1,612 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: Polish
Reviewed March 7, 2014

On first view there is not much to distinguish Cafe Art 23 from all the other eateries on the square but its well worth a visit. It has a quite varied menu but be warned, the portions are huge, the food is very good and very reasonably priced. Theres a great room downstairs to relax with a few drinks. Our waitress, Paulina, was so friendly and helpful, her enthusiasm alone made it a memorable visit.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Really lovely, quirky little restaurant. Our waitress Isabella was just fantastic and the food was top notch.

we had goulash soup to start and we were very grateful our waitress told us it was a very large portion and plenty to share for 2 if that's what we wanted. It tasted amazing and a very generous size. Could easily have had this each as a main and be full and its at a very low cost.

we had the "traditional dish" as a main with a mix of Polish traditional foods. Again a very large portion which we shared between 2. Very tasty and worth it.

Finally we got brought free cake (again we shared, but not obligatory). Most delicious chocolate cake ever and for free... you cant go wrong.

i see a lot of complaints about service here, but our waitress Isabella was just lovely. Very prompt, honest about food size and friendly. I would highly recommend coming here for good value and tasty Polish food.

1  Thank london_lass0086
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We came across this place by chance but the food was amazing absolutely delicious and the staff were very friendly! A must when visiting Krakow!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Pulled in late Sunday evening to a quaint restaurant, hosted by a wonderful lady who spoke perfect English. No others. Free soup as part of the deal called white borsch (sour, salty, meaty) which was delightful. Menu serves Polish meals, so tried chicken and feta, but the cheese was laden with garlic and presumably spinach as was green and cold. Nice enough. I would go again and try another dish. Avoid the mojito but do have the tanaka.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I went there with friend from katowice(but Japanese) .
Just because one waiter suddenly invite us with coupon?paper with good menu for lunch with free soup and desert.

At first We didnt check we cannot pay by card(but there is totally face on rynek square,so generally pay by credit card is possible!), so maybe its one of our mistook.

Then,we enterd, inside is soooo humid.
so narrow place, and I didn't know why but another customer(English couple?)were angry with waiter.
She said to waiter,
"Don't come here so much! If we need your help , I call you."
sounds like waiter visit her too much or she did sth bad for them because after she left, still their face was so angry.

We wanted order main manu from paper which he gave us,
but she(another waiter) said
" You can't choose it ! LOOK! It's too cheap to get free soup!"

WHAT!?
so why they make this paper menu!? what a LIER!!!

But " main menu" and he said
" You can choose from main menu".
That's why we chosen! We were so surprised but ok,we choose others because we were hungry.

at first she served soup. I choose tomato soup with cream but too salty.
and main menu, trout sth, its smell bad and no taste. only salad and boiled potato was good.

When we pay, we noticed we couldn't pay by card.
My friend also didn't have cash much, so we had to use small coins.
Because without paying we can't go out, right?

Fortunately we had really just costed but using small coins.

Then she came and she said loundly,
"OH...I never seen like this...sigh... I don't know WHAT can I do with these..but ok I'm going to count...ojej...I'm SO surprised...I HAVE TO GO bank to change..." she didn't stop saying complain during counting. But she didn't count well.

so I said,
"Of course we didn't want to pay like this with small coins polish dislike but we can't use credit card here, right? Money is money."

She said,
"Yes money is money.but..."
She still said sth again and again!
Then!She was starting talk customer who sit on next to us.
"Hey, look at these coins!" with sigh sigh sigh!
We're really surprised ! Why she had to tell them!?Why she said complain for another customer !? so stupid as waiter,,,

They don't know we live in poland so looks like just Japanese tourists but actually we undersood even if she spoke in polish.
so I knew what she said.
She really looked down us but customer didn't agree with her not so much good:P
My friend was so angry but also I was!

I forgot that also we didnt receive desert and also she didnt announce it!

ポーランドに住む日本人の友人と一緒に行きました。

値段も安くはありません。このランチでも一人1500円くらい?ポーランドにしては高いです。
友人もたまたま現金をそんなに持っていなくて、とりあえず数えたところ細かくはなりましたがぎりぎりあったのでそれで払うことに。
あるのにわざわざ外のATM行くのはバカらしいでしょう。
そして、ウェイトレスが来て言い放っていった言葉がひどすぎる。

「えぇ!・・・今とても驚いているわ・・・はぁ。こんな支払い方初めて見た、これどうすればいいの。まあいいわ数えるわ・・・はあありえない。銀行へ換金しにいかなきゃいけないじゃない・・・」と他にも聞こえるように言うのです。(英語で)

あまりにもしつこく言ってるので頭にきて、

「私たちだって別に好きでこんな細かいお金で払ってるわけじゃないよ、でもここカード使えないんでしょ!?お金はお金じゃない!」と言ったら、

「そうだけど・・・」とぶつぶつため息つきながらお金をコーヒー皿に全部置いて、
それを見せびらかすように私たちの隣の客に「見てこれ」と愚痴が始まったのです。(ポーランド語で)

彼女たちは私たちがポーランドに住んでいるとは知らないでしょうからあえて英語からポーランド語にしたんでしょうけど、私たちには全部わかってました。物凄く見下されていました。
しかし幸いというか、愚痴をこぼされた隣のお客さんたちはあのウェイトレスには同意してなかったので少し救われました。