“Great meal in a picture postcard location”

Vintage Restauracja & Winiarnia Wine Bar
Ranked #418 of 1,471 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: European, Wine Bar, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Toowoomba
“Great meal in a picture postcard location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

The service was prompt and courteous and the food very good and enjoyable. The location is ideal, right on the square not far from St Mary's. It's perfect for relaxing and people watching. A little pricey, but worth it.

Visited September 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Krakow, Poland
“Professional selection of wines, sommelier, friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Outstanding restaurant in Krakow. It has a wine shop, wine dispenser. Sommelier offers wine testing in a moment with Amarone, Barolo, Pinot Noir from Burgundy..

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Mike T
Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Avoid this restaurant!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

On the main square alongside the others. We were a large party of 10 people. Service fine when we all ordered starters and mains. Disappointed that the mains and starters started to appear together and it went downhill from there!!.....the main prob being the leather like steaks ordered by half the group and the fact that one meal didn't appear at all - with a 30 minute wait. Offered a 10% discount on one meal. No manager available to sort. With so many other restaurants on offer just don't bother with this one!!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Primrose60
Woking, United Kingdom
“Recommend this over and above Rynek 44 which stings you for popcorn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Your passport doesn't say Rzeczpospolita Polska, you're a foreigner, and you're visiting Krakow. You're likely to head to the square, a great place to soak up the fantastic atmosphere. Hopefully you'll find Vintage.

My wife is Polish, I speak the language and have been 12 times in 6 years. During that time we've also discovered Rynek 44, next door to Vintage which 'forces' you to have popcorn with your pint (and charges for it).

Try Vintage instead. They don't play any typical money-making tricks on the tourists, have friendly staff and I found the food very enjoyable.

I had a lovely avocado salad which I enjoyed in the scorching Polish sunshine with my wife... who unfortunately wasn't as impressed. I would have graded Vintage four 'blobs' but my wife thought the chicken in her salad was most certainly not fresh and expected more from Polish cuisine - bear in mind she IS Polish!

That said, we WOULD recommend Vintage solely on the basis that we (especially I) don't like being ripped off by places like Rynek 44 next door. The problem is, amongst all those parasols, you may have to check carefully before you order as you may have unwittingly sat down at Rynek 44 as may trade under a different name on their menus in the square! If so, walk away - choose Vintage or ANYWHERE around the square which doesn't say that all drinks come with popcorn and then covertly apply them to your bill, because that's what Rynek 44 do.

We are very likely to return to Vintage - or anywhere that doesn't con tourists!

• Visited July 2012
Cheshire
“Worst meal I have ever had the misfortune of having!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

The good points - the decor and music was lovely Now for the bad - We were the only people in the restaurant upon arrival, it took ten minutes to be served, and for our order to be taken. We ordered drinks and were advised we would get a free glass of prosecco for choosing to dine in their restaurant, another 10 minutes later we recieved our drinks, and about 35mls of Proseco each! After 45 minutes our food arrived, I do not mind waiting for good food in a busy restaurant but as I mentioned earlier we were the only customers at the time of ordering! (5 more customers turned up after about 1/2 hour of us ordering) I had steak in a sherry cream sauce, with a side order of grilled vegetables, and my husband order the duck in a current sauce with baked potatos. We immediatley sent this back as it was stone cold, also I had ordered my steak medium well done, I had explained that I didn't want to see any blood - it was turning the cream coloured sauce pink! Take 2 after all the other 5 customers had been served their main course, ours returned, and this time it was hot, my steak was then cooked perfectly, the sauce was literally cream with sherry in it with no herbs or salt and pepper. The grilled vegetables were ridiculous to say the least, they consisted of sliced grilled pepper, and one pathetic slice of corgette! As for my husbands, it consisted of rubbery microwed duck in a very burnt current sauce. The baked potato concoction on the other hand was nice. I can not put into words how absoloutly disgusting that duck and burnt sauce was. If that was my restaurant, I would be absoloutly mortified at witnessing what was served to us, and the chef needs to be sacked. If a chef can't handle a total of 7 people's orders, then that person has clearly taken the wrong vocation in life! Please do not waste your time or money in the place. Oh as for complaining... We recieved 10% off the bill, I think a medal would have been more fitting!!!! Please excuse spelling and grammar - written on iPhone

1 Thank Suzanne83