“Best Mexican food in Krakow”
Review of Manzana

Manzana
Ranked #94 of 1,756 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Kazimierz
Description: MANZANA, (Spanish for 'Apple') opened in November 2008. The restaurant & bar reflects our passion of authentic Mexican & New Latino cuisine & brings that passion & experience to Krakow & greater Poland gastronomic market. Manzana uses only the freshest local products available, importing only the necessary peppers & spices, to achieve the highest possible standards of Mexican & Latino flavours in Krakow. The management & multilingual staff of MANZANA take great pride in their high standards of service & their ability to provide our guests with knowledge about our menu. This combines to provide our guests with a cultural gastronomic experience which constantly strives to achieve the highest standards & the greatest value for our guests during their visits to Manzana.
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Visited Manzana on the first night of our two night stay in Krakow. The food was that good we went back the following night. The staff were all really friendly and helpful. we were there for my parents Golden wedding celebration and my mum's 70th birthday. All four of us found the food excellent. I have travelled across Mexico in the past and found the food better than 99% of the meals I had in Mexico. We can also recommend the cocktails in the bar of which we had far to many for our own good but all were prepared and presented as well as the food. If you like Mexican food you will look a long long time to find a restaurant as good as this one. You won't be disappointed with the bill either as the prices are excellent for the quality. Make sure you book a table so you won't be disappointed. Thanks on a personal note go to all the staff for making my mum and dads weekend :-)

1  Thank johnston364

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Don't get me wrong, I had a pleasant time - but the food wasn't AMAZING and the portion sizes weren't that big either. I've tasted better Mexican food in Mexico and here in the UK too.

The service was a bit patchy and they were trying to give our food to another table.

There are much nicer places to eat in Krakow!

1  Thank Sarah H
ManzanaKrakow, General Manager at Manzana, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Hi,

At the beginning I want to thank you for submiting your opinion on tripadvisor.

However, there are a few things that I would like to say as a manager and because

you did not notify us of your comments when you were here, I didn`t have a chance to do it.

As we all know everyone has different tastes,

Manzana serves Mexican dishes in Tex Mex style. We are very proud of what we are doing

and as you can see, most of our guests said the same.

In our team of chefs we also have a Mexican cook who worked in his profession for several years in Mexico,

he and the opinions of other guests, give me confidence that the flavors of the food are real and for lot of our customers they are AMAZING.

I believe you have a lot of experience as a person who travels a lot ,and I as my team on the kitchen ,

we always happy to hear the new thoughts and ideas of other people how we can to improve our menu, I think this is great...

But you didn`t give us the chance to talk about it.

Please do not misunderstand me but I think that your opinion are not objective.

We focus on the quality of our dishes ,their sizes are ok,

not too big and not too small.

That's why you have the opportunity to taste also our tapas menu which is great choice as a appetizer.

About service , all the waitresses work very hard also but if such a situation was, please accept my apology

and next time let the manager know if something is wrong, thanks to that we will be able to react to it immediately.

I am happy that anyway you had pleasant time in Manzana, and I hope that we will have another chance to host you in Manzana again.

General Menager

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Iv been here with my husband of 3 years a few times and its always the same-- out of GUACAMOLE - why advertise?

The food is very average, we once ordered the fajita mix platter, and the meat was so dry, the "manager" didnt bother coming once, although we mentioned this detail to the waitress.

Average meal with expensive prices.

Hello,

Thank you for your reviews, it is really important for us esspecially since I've seen that you are our regular guest.

Referring to what you wrote I want to explain a few issues.

The first case concerns the guacamole.

Yes, you are right it is the only dish on the menu that is not easily accessible,

but that does not mean that it is not at all. As our regular guest and a person living in Poland,

you should know that it's very hard to get here, soft & ripe avocados and this is the only reason for which the number of guacamole is always limited.

We buying a lot of avocados but lot of them are to hard to make a decent guacamole and as we don`t want to serve something wich is not high quality,

we prefere to inform guests that we do not have it.

But as I mentioned it is available and the best way to make sure you get it ,is to make the reservation and at the same time order guacamole.

You as a regular guest should know about it ,because all of our regular guests were informed about this possibility.

Looking at the date of your last visit in October I understand that you were not here last time with us.

I hope you will accept mine invitation to Manzana as we really want to show that we care about ALL THE GUESTS ,

and the incident which you describe about no reaction to your complaint from manager side is the result of a misunderstanding.

It's hard for me now to write and respond for something which took place by nearly 6 months ago,

but please believe me , we are here for you, and we have a team of people who work in their positions because they love to do it,

and we do not run away from problems, we are always willing and ready to solve them if they are.

I think that if you were our customer for 3 years , you had a chance to persuaded about this more than once,

I don`t know why you change your mind now, price are the same, team is the same, place is the same

Please be our guest and give us the opportunity to talk with you, especially since we have a new menu and I would like you to try it.

Manzana staff

Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Not just a great Mexican but a great all round restaurant experience. The staff are 10/10 and the food better than I tasted in Mexico! Don't let the location or outside out you off - a visit well worth taking.

1  Thank LesCatWhy
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I visited this place with few friends. The staff were excellent, very helpfull. I had some tortillas with shrimps, serving was rather small and taste was average. My friend's enchiladas were ok. The thing that bothered us was a smell in the whole restaurant as they have an open kitchen. You'll need to wash all your clothes after coming back home.