“is never too often!”
Review of Manzana

Manzana
Ranked #53 of 1,502 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Kazimierz
Description: MANZANA, (Spanish for 'Apple') opened in November 2008. The restaurant & bar reflects our passion of authentic Mexican & New Latino cuisine & brings that passion & experience to Krakow & greater Poland gastronomic market. Manzana uses only the freshest local products available, importing only the necessary peppers & spices, to achieve the highest possible standards of Mexican & Latino flavours in Krakow. The management & multilingual staff of MANZANA take great pride in their high standards of service & their ability to provide our guests with knowledge about our menu. This combines to provide our guests with a cultural gastronomic experience which constantly strives to achieve the highest standards & the greatest value for our guests during their visits to Manzana.
“is never too often!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Guacamole, taco with shrimps, burritos with grilled vegetables - that was my last choice in lovely summer garden in Manzana (I have to steal few garden ideas for my terrace). And for the dessert... best cosmopolitan ever! We had chit-chat with the owner and - I must admit it - it is great to know, that everything is under control and you can feel like celbrity ;)

• Visited June 2013

• Czech first
  • Polish first
“Great food”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

It's slightly overpriced for my liking but the food was definitely delicious. Don't bother for warm and friendly service because they're very polite and professional. Nevertheless, if I would revisit, it will be because I've a pocketfull and am craving for a good pork tacos.

• Visited July 2013
ManzanaKrakow, General Manager at Manzana, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Manzana greatly relies on our clients feed back and we appreciate your comments.

Please understand that Manzana uses only the freshest produce and imported spices available in the market in Krakow and Poland to produce the flavors of Mexico and Latin America. To provide our clients with the highest quality of product and value it requires premium product to achieve our high quality of food which you mention.

We do not clearly understand your comments about our your service experience as you state the service was very polite and professional yet not warm or friendly. It is our goal at Manzana to provide confident and professional service without being overly intrusive.

Again, thank you for your review and comments, the staff however was disappointed that based on all of the positive comments you made about our food and service you still chose to give Manzana an average rating. This effects the staff at Manzana, its reputation and therefore ranking on TripAdvisor. So we hope that you will give Manzana another opportunity to show you that Manzana can provide you great value and friendly service.

Kind Regards,
Manzana Staff and Management
Mirfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely in every way!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My friend and I decided we wanted Mexican and I'm so glad we found this place! The staff were so friendly and attentive, all the food we ordered was amazing (nachos were probably the best I've ever had, which is saying something), the outdoor seating area is lovely and the cocktails we had were so delicious, highly recommend the caipirinha and cracow cosmopolitan. To top it all off, the price was so good, with 4 cocktails, 2 starters and 2 mains coming to the equivalent of £35. Couldn't have asked for better!

Great Review!
Many many thanks from the staff at Manzana.
To read your review was a great inspiration for the staff at Manzana. We take great pride in your comments and we work hard to maintain our reputation for all of our local loyal clientele and valued visitors. We do hope you will visit us again in the near future.
Krakow, Poland
“Best "Mexican" Food in Krakow, but still not worth it for visitors”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I've been to Manzana at least twice, and both times was served the best "Mexican" food I've had in Krakow. First, Manzana's "Mexican food" isn't Mexican food, it's the American knockoff of Mexican food known as "Tex-Mex." I actually like Tex-Mex better than bona fide Mexican food, but Manzana serves a rather poor Polish knockoff of the American knockoff. Second, while Manzana may serve the best "Mexican food" in Krakow, this isn't hard... I've never found good Mexican food in Poland anywhere. Not even close. Third, this restaurant is in a hotel, and is vastly overpriced compared to other, better local dining options. The drinks especially are overpriced. Also, both times I went, they told me that a large party had ordered before me and that I'd have to wait at least 30 minutes before they started cooking my food (even though the waitress took my friends' orders and forgot mine).

So, if you're a tourist from, say, New York, Berlin, or London, where you can get great Mexican food, what's the point of getting the stuff they serve here? You should be enjoying the fabulous local Polish cuisine and perhaps this city's unique interpretations of Continental and American dishes (there's also a good Indian restaurant). While Manzana may serve the best Mexican food in Poland, who goes to Poland for Mexican food?

• Visited June 2013
ManzanaKrakow, General Manager at Manzana, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Community: Manzana is always concerned about the negative comments of our patrons and immediately responds to any negative feedback we receive when our staff inquire of patrons, ¨Have you enjoyed your meal?¨. Based on the comments in this review we believe that this review is obviously representative of the individual writing the review & not the establishment

As part of our program to maintain the quality of our food, service and the overall enjoyment of our patrons we maintain a record of all negative comments received. It does not appear that this commentator made any remarks to our staff, very disappointing.

Manzana is directed by an American with years of experience in the restaurant business. Its recipes are developed with the assistance of Assistant Chef Jeronimo Carrillo of Mexico City, Mexico who trained in Mexico & whose family has a long tradition of gastronomic enterprises in Mexico. The vast majority of the International & local clients from the TA community who visit Manzana confirm the high quality and value of their dining experiences at Manzana.

It is often the case that reservations are required to ensure a table at Manzana given its reputation for quality food, high service standards & value, especially on the weekends.
All clients without a reservation are always provided the opportunity to wait for a table or rebook at another time.

Manzana only uses the most fresh & highest quality products available in the Polish market. Such popular menu items include Chicken Burritos (6 Euro), Beef or Chicken Tacos (6 Euro), Enchiladas (6 Euro), Teriyaki & Jalapeño Salmon Filet w/ wasabi-mashed potatoes (9 Euro) & our very popular Chicken Mole (9 Euro). Our famous Margaritas (5 Euro) & Mojitos (5 Euro) are equally renowned.

We hope that in future, patrons who have any comments to make about any aspect of the food, service or overall dining experience at Manzana will immediately let us know so we can maintain and improve the experience our Patrons overwhelmingly enjoy.
Krakow, Poland
“Best Mexican food in Poland, but no guac..”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I love Mexican cuisine and I've been too most Mexican restaurants in Warsaw; the Food in Krakow based Manzana is incomparably better!

The major downside is that I've been twice, and both times they didn't have avocados for guacamole.. I haven't taken off a star though as it's hard to get good avocados in Poland. Still.. they should make a better effort to secure an adequate supply!