“Excellent experience all round”
Review of Manzana

Manzana
Ranked #67 of 1,660 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Kazimierz
Description: MANZANA, (Spanish for 'Apple') opened in November 2008. The restaurant & bar reflects our passion of authentic Mexican & New Latino cuisine & brings that passion & experience to Krakow & greater Poland gastronomic market. Manzana uses only the freshest local products available, importing only the necessary peppers & spices, to achieve the highest possible standards of Mexican & Latino flavours in Krakow. The management & multilingual staff of MANZANA take great pride in their high standards of service & their ability to provide our guests with knowledge about our menu. This combines to provide our guests with a cultural gastronomic experience which constantly strives to achieve the highest standards & the greatest value for our guests during their visits to Manzana.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

After doing the usual internet research and checking out Tripadvisor reviews, I thought Id give this place a go. Its only a 10-15 minute walk from main square. I was looking forward to it, and certainly wasnt disappointed. The restaurant is modern, with a cosy feel to it, the dimmed lighting adding to the effect. I was greeted warmly and quickly, by a waitress who Im assuming was on a break from her international supermodel day job.

The food was fantastic. I had the Battered Chicken Strips with Honey Mustard and Spicy Peanut Sauce for starters....loved the peanut sauce! Followed that up with the Prime Beef Filet, which fell apart in my mouth. The only minor gripe is that they are being very generous when they describe it as coming with vegetables and onion rings. The veg was few and far between and you only get 2 onion rings, but I wouldnt mark it down on that. It was still delicious. Had the Banana Split withe ice cream for dessert, which was again, great. With no skimping on the ice cream, and also loads of cream.
Never had the chance to try any of the cocktails. Travelling on my own I didnt want to be the weirdo in the corner getting in touch with his feminine side :) So I had a Polish pint, which went down nicely

Would definitely recommend, and will return if Im ever back in the city. Defeinitely my favourite meal of the 3 days I was there

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Having lived in Dubai 10 years, travelled extensively through Europe and the USA, this was the best Mexican food we have tasted in over 20 years! The only constructive comment we felt we could make to the owner/manager other than the food was superb, was having initially ordered two starters he had lost sales from us simply because the portion were so generous (not over bearing though) which meant we did not need to order main courses! Interestingly, the restaurant did not featured in the main guide in our hotel which is unfortunate for visitors to the area who may not be aware or referred! Yes, we were very impressed, don't miss out if you like Mexican food. In our opinion they genuinely deserve more custom. Well done management, waiters and chefs we will return if we ever revisit Krakow!

ManzanaKrakow, General Manager at Manzana, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Manzana's management & staff truly appreciate your comments. We take all constructive comments seriously from our valued customers. We can inform you that we have been working to incorporate a smaller Tapas menu to our Spring/Summer menu for the very reasons you have mentioned in your review. We only wish you could visit us again soon to enjoy it. Many thanks once again for your kind review. Safe Travels! Manzana Management.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is the best restaurant in Krakow, hands down, and the best Mexican restaurant I've ever been to. I visit at least once a week, often more times. The service and décor are flawless, but the menu is where Manzana truly shines. Having tried most of what is on the menu, there are no disappointments. All the dishes are fresh, imaginative, and served with impeccable presentation. I recommend the ribs as a starter, they are out of this world! The jalapeno poppers are also great, with a delicious batter and served with apple sauce. The shrimp tacos are the best item on the menu, and you wont be disappointed. My favorite item is the Volcano Rock, make sure to get it spicy! The tacos are also fantastic, make sure to get the crispy ones. The carmelized apple and goat cheese salad is magical, and impossible not to like. The steak will not disappoint, it's one of the best I've come across, especially in Krakow (where even dedicated 'steakhouses' are awful). The drinks are also worth mentioning, as they are also prepared beautifully, both in taste and appearance. Request the flour tortillas instead of corn, as the corn ones tend to be dryer, but that's personal preference.

1  Thank mrojek

Many thanks for this review. The staff really appreciates your comments which are read at each staff meeting. Manzana's staff truly takes pride in their work and they work hard to create the best dining experience possible. We look forward to presenting our new Spring/Summer menu soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

The location is a little bit outside the city center, but it's easily accessible by tram (50 from Dworzec Glowny Tunel, at Galeria Krakowska/main train station, jumping off at Miodowa stop the restaurant is a 5 minute walk to the right in Miodowa street). The staff is very serviceminded, and positive. If you are looking for authentic mexican food, this is the place to start! They have a great varied menu, and a looooot of drinks on the menu. Wait until you see the bar. Bottles as far as the eye can see! The food I ordered was fantastic (Chicken enchiladas), and I usually am very picky with the side dish. It all blend together perfectly, and down it went! No wonder this restaurant are at the top amongst all of the restaurants in Krakow :-)
My tip: GO THERE!

ManzanaKrakow, General Manager at Manzana, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Manzana would like to thank you for visiting us & writing your great review in all its details.
We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Went here due to the ranking on trip advisor and worked out where it was on the map, so glad we did as this is a fantastic Mexican restaurant.

Staff were friendly, atmosphere was great, there was so much to choose from and all sounded great.

Food was lovely and there was alot of it too.

It was reasonably priced, we would have paid alot more for our meals in the UK.

The staff at Manzana's appreciates your review & comments. We are so happy that you made the effort to locate us & that you were so enthusiastic about your visit. Your comments are so important & encouraging for the staff. Let us know the next time you will be visiting us!