“mniam mniam”
Review of Bar Smak

Bar Smak
Ranked #226 of 1,678 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: Polish
Description: This is really a restaurant worth mentioning and I'd like to give it a short T/A review. We were in Krakow for three days and we ate there twice. It's just off where one of the entrances to the main square is and next to tram stops. It's where locals eat, very unpretentious, and the food is genuine Polish and very inexpensive—and delicious! There is an English menu so it's easy to choose what you want and to order it. The two times we were there, it wasn't crowded and there was no waiting. It was very peaceful and quiet and well ventilated. Well worth knowing about. There was a blog about it on your website.
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Good polish food in very resonable price. For people not on diet:) I recommend placki ziemniaczane and pierogi z mięsem, delicious. Cosy place, like in cantine but it's great place to eat well and not expencive

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was our first meal in Poland, and it was a brilliant. it was very cheap and very quick to come from the kitchen. It was traditional as it came with the cabbage and other trimmings. The meat was cooked superbly. A great visit for a first meal. Going to the counter to order the food made it that extra bit more fun and made me feel like a local.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place is perfect if you just want to eat and don't care about atmosphere or service. For about 20 zl (~5 EUR) you get a soup and main dish, which is enough to feed 1,5 of a hungry man. Centrally located, just 5 min walk from the main square. What else would you want?

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We visited late afternoon and the cafe was full with a constant stream in and out. The food and prices very good.

1  Thank GailandDunc
Reviewed September 29, 2012

It's a busy location just west of the old town. I went in the early afternoon as the public bus from the Salt Mines stops right there on the way back to Krakow station.

I was happy to note that everyone in the cafe was Polish - there wasn't a hint of English to be heard until I spoke.

The reputation hear is for the local soups - I tried the zurek which had a lovely tangy zest mixed with a smokey pork flavour. I wasn't sure what else to order and the cashier suggested the barbeque ribs. They were nicely flavoured, but not as tender and fall-off-the-bone as I like ribs to be.

A full local meal for $5? I like this.

2  Thank weiyunmak