“nearly missed it!”

$31.16*
Krakow Museums and Transport Official Pass
Ranked #17 of 313 things to do in Krakow
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stumbled upon the entrance to this and nearly missed it. I'm glad we didn't. This was really well presented, and although I am not so interested in this period of history I did find it quite facinating.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,752)

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We went here last month during our trip to krakow. It was beautifully built with good attention to detail. You need to spend a lot of time here to read and understand everything. It's not for people who want to rush and see shiny things. The whole underground is built very well with lots of artefacts and structures. Its right underneath the main city center. I had a really good time. I would recommend this place.

3  Thank Simba_SVG
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Went here with the family as it was recommended as a 'must-see' so was expecting good things. Instead we were faced with lots of similar cobbled roads and some seriously shoddy exhibits. We also had to wait an hour and a half for a time slot yet when we entered it was quiet. There really wasn't one thing of note in the whole place and this is coming from a history graduate with a genuine interest in the past.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Extremely well laid out, great attention to detail and an amazing look into history.

Well worth a visit but leave yourself a minimum of 2 hours.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I only really had one day to see the city center of Krakow and had not originally put this museum on my list. The day ended up being extremely cold and rainy, however, so I bought a ticket in the information center located on the outer perimeter of the Cloth Hall. To get to the museum, you enter on the opposite corner of the ticket booth and head down a stairway. Note before entering the museum, you will need to check all your bags (for free). I found the museum to be fascinating and extremely well-curated. Much of the history that is encapsulated in this museum was dug up in recent history, making the museum exhibits very modern. As an English speaker, the museum information plaques were easy to find and displayed in many different languages. The films towards the end of the museum are not to be missed as they provide an excellent history of Krakow through the ages. I'm so glad my detour led me to this museum - definitely put it on your list!

4  Thank hfritzinger