“Great guide, flexible and responsive pre-arrival”

Krakow Tour Guide Christopher
Ranked #33 of 266 Tours in Krakow
More attraction details
Owner description: Cracow Tours with a licensed english speaking tour guide.Tours in Cracow's Old Town,The Royal Route ,Wawel Royal Castle,Kazimierz Tour-former Jewish District with Oscar Schindler's Factory,Auschwitz-Birkenau Tours,Wieliczka Saltmine Tours,Zakopane and Tatra Mountains ,Rafting Trip,Catholic Tours:Wadowice,Czestochowa (Black Madonna Painting),Lagiewniki,Pope John Paul II Routes in Cracow and Surroundings,tours and transfers in Poland on private requests..... See you in Krakow!
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Setup:
I chose Chris based on his Trip Advisor profile. Which I thought was risky. I only had 1 full day (and 2 half days) in Krakow and I wanted a guide for the full day. My other option was a pretty expensive one. I emailed Chris to see about his availability and he was open. More importantly, I decided that I really needed him to get us to the Salt Mine and Auschwitz. This was a change from my initial ask about Old Town/ Jewish Quarter Krakow Tours. He was willing to drive us and we agreed to meet at the hotel.

Logistics:
* Great call on timing at Auschwitz
* Creative answer at the Salt Mine

We were supposed to meet at 9am for the trip to Auschwitz. Chris actually came by the hotel the night before while we were out and left us a note to meet at 840am instead, because he (correctly) anticipated heavy crowds. It was a huge win to arrive before the line stretched incredibly long. He also navigated the crowds inside to get us our tickets and set us up.

We left there for the Salt mine and arrived at 4pm for the 5pm English tour. Chris directed us to some food and went to take care of the tickets. When we met back up, he told me that the English tour had been sold out for 5 hours! Then he told us he called in a favor and "attached" us to another English tour at 5:10. Score! And it was cheaper. Well done!

It would have been helpful for him to pick us up at Auschwitz II, rather than make us take the shuttle bus back. Not a big deal.

Chris also made a few stops along the drive to show us other important historical sites. Nice!

The Tours:
It was just my wife and I, with Chris, in the car for everything but the tours (which used onsite guides). Like the great guides we've used in numerous other places, Chris had the right combination of historical knowledge, personality, and eagerness to please that really made the day great.

I'd highly recommend Chris if you are in Krakow. If we had more time, I would have no concerns about asking him to show us more of Krakow.

Photos from the trip will be on kbevphoto dot com. You can email me directly if you have other questions

There are newer reviews for Krakow Tour Guide Christopher

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We took Christopher's "Catholic" tour to Wadowice, Kalwaria Zebrzydoska, and Lagiewniki during our Easter weekend trip to Krakow. We felt so fortunate to have such a knowledgeable and experienced guide. Because it was Easter weekend, we had to deal with some tourist sites being closed, and Christopher was flexible in accommodating schedule changes. From the moment he picked us up (promptly), he went beyond in answering our many questions about Polish history and culture, (in fluent English), and provided context and detail beyond what we expected. There is no way we would have had the same level of understanding or appreciation for these places and experiences without Christopher's assistance and knowledge. We've already discussed visiting Krakow again and our first call will be to Christopher to arrange another tour!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I was very pleased with my experience with Christopher! From the initial contact, Christopher responded quickly to my requests and questions and was super easy to work with. Since I only had one day in Krakow, he worked very hard to be sure I had an excellent day that was sure to accommodate all of my interests. I was never stressed about any details, thanks to Christopher. Christopher's tour was very informative and he is obviously thoughtful about a plan and very experienced.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have contact Christopher via his web site and got prompt reply with all information. I was able to have only 1 day in Krakow area and need to arrange some details in advance.
Our dialog via the e-mail and text massage was fluent and helpful. The trip was ready according my needs.
I had a tight schedule and very focus mission. Going to my grandfather place outside Krakow and find some documents.
Christopher was the best choice, reliable, punctual ,speak fluent English and above all nice personality.
His explanations and driving skills were great, we have manage to cover all the topics I was after. Christopher has lot of patience and he is willing always to help and assist; his extensive knowledge and history for old Poland and Krakow old places made our time together great.
I highly recommend to work with Christopher and enjoy his services.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

My wife and I were in Krakow for three days, and were so lucky to have hired Chris to show us around. My wife's and my family are both from the Krakow area, and Chris was able to take us to all the places that connected us to our history. It was amazing. We're already talking about our next trip and will definitely hire him again because there's so much to see and do here.