“Suffer the waiter... the food is worth it.”
Review of Studio Qulinarne

Studio Qulinarne
Ranked #263 of 1,562 Restaurants in Krakow
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Kazimierz
Krakow, Poland
“Suffer the waiter... the food is worth it.”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Studio Qulinarne offers truly excellent modern European fusion cuisine that could be easily compared to restaurants in Paris, etc. However, it is at a fraction of the price as Parisian etc. restaurants of the same quality.

I've eaten twice at Studio Qulinarne, and served both times by the same waiter. The waiter really knows his food and drinks; he is clearly very knowledgable and speaks English and Polish well. However, the first time we went, he forgot drinks, and the second time we went, he brought me the wrong drink and billed me for it anyway (along with the drink that I actually ordered). To me, that's totally unacceptable.

However, the food and drinks are really top-notch... especially the Carbonara (best in town to my taste along with Makaroniarnia and Del Papa), the Caesar (the only good one I found in Krakow in a year living there), and the Cocktails are truly awesome.

Can you suffer an arrogant waiter who makes lots of mistakes for the sake of truly great food? I can.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank FiresaleZ

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Krakow, Poland
“Excellent food; terrible service.”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We went to Studio Qulinarne with a large group for dinner the other night. The decor is lovely, and the food was delicious. Our waiter was just awful. From the start, he seemed very put upon that he should waste his precious time taking our orders, delivering our food, doing his job... I spoke to the manager after dinner and calmly told her about the waiter's lack of courtesy and the impression everyone got that the waiter didn't want us to be there. She seemed confused, saying this was the first time she'd heard such a thing. The waiter was called over, and I repeated our complaint.

His response: "I'm sorry I didn't smile enough for you."

The manager said nothing. At which point we left, because our concerns had clearly fallen on deaf ears.

The waiter's response was staggeringly rude, and also self-defeating given that he single-handedly motivated me to write up the evening, whereas with a simple apology I would have chalked up his behavior to the sort of bad day everyone has once in a while.

It's a crying shame the service was so bad; I really did like the food.

• Visited June 2013
Krakow
“Super”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Perfect atmosphere, nice staff, nice music.
Good food, original combination of sour and sweet tastes.
Nice terrace, original decorations.
To recommend.

• Visited March 2013
Belgium
“Excellent it is!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Excellent!
Very relaxing and warm atmosphere with life piano music.
Attentive and rapid service.
Excellent food and choice of vines.
I am definitively going back there!

• Visited May 2013
Honolulu, HI
“Top 10 in Krakow”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

A fantastic experience! Wonderful ambiance, impeccable service, and delightful food. Our four person party ordered all different appetizers and entrees, and all were tasty, innovative, and presented beautifully. The piano player doing covers of rock songs was a nice little touch. A great wine list, with a knowledgeable waiter was a cherry on top. The duck was delightful, and the filet was the best one to date that i have found in Krakow, replacing Trezo.

• Visited April 2013