We have decided to stay at Flower Hostel, encouraged by positive reviews on Tripadvisor, it tuned out to be serious mistake. I have stayed in quite a few hostels around the Europe, but this one was the worst by mile. Maybe my expectations were too high; I was looking for decent bed, good sleep and basic breakfast in the morning.
- person at the reception was just weird - poor manners, seem to spy us a bit (I was with Asian person) - what make us feel very uncomfortable during the stay;
- card terminal did not work, so have to draw the money somewhere in the city;
- the room (twin) was interesting - bathroom very good, however no towels (we got them eventually after request), very poor bed: mattress very uncomfortable, pillow (OMG!!!) never seen anything like this in my life - it piece of material filled with some weird stuff - really could not sleep. Wardrobe was not 2nd hand, at least 3rd hand - I thought it will fall apart every time I opened it.
- WiFi was working sometimes well, sometimes not at all
- According to hostel regulations after 10pm it should be quiet at the premises. Our room was next to the kitchen - it was extremely loud to 2 am. The reception is open 24hrs, but nobody seem to care.
- The same lack of care in the morning - apparently breakfast is served till 11 am. At 9.30 there was absolutely nothing to eat, not even the milk for the coffee. Staff put out some cheese, ham, eggs in the morning and do not monitor it all. If people at 8 took everything - it means you will have to eat somewhere else in the city (even though it was included in price).
You would think it is hostel, very cheap - so what you expect. Well, twin room cost us 170zl per night which is the rate of regular hotel, slightly further out. All what you are paying for is central location.
I would not recommend this accommodation to anyone as it could ruin the stay in such beautiful city as Krakow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Flower Hostel is located in a historic building on one of the oldest streets of Krakow, just one minute away from Market Square of Krakow. We offer comfortable rooms:from 1 person room to 5 person in room- all rooms with bathrooms! ! ! We provide comfort, cleanliness, professional service and a friendly and warm atmosphere. The hostel has a kitchen connected with a living room available around the clock. There is living room with TV, DVD and a computer with Internet access. The whole building has wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Flower Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.