“I can't rate this company highly enough”

Escape2Poland - tours and transfers
$56.07*
Auschwitz Tour with Private Transfer
Ranked #12 of 95 Transportation in Krakow
More attraction details
Owner description: Krakow is the second largest city in Poland and one of the country's main tourist destinations. The city is recognized as a Poland’s principal center of science and education because of its numerous universities and other institutions of higher learning. While sightseeing this historical city you can explore: The Royal Wawel Castle & Cathedral, Magnificent baroque Churches, St. Mary’s Church, St. Florian’s Gate and Barbican (The Best Preserved in Europe), Main Market Square, Cloth Hall and many more! While in Krakow we encourage everyone to visit nearby places such as: Auschwitz and Birkenau - it’s a place that should be known by everyone and visited at least once in a lifetime. Heartbreaking and breathtaking part of world history that should be remembered. Wieliczka Salt Mine - one of the most valuable monuments of material and spiritual culture in Poland and among twelve objects on the UNESCO’s World and Natural Heritage List. Schindler Factory - a place to explore the jewish history in Krakow. Zakopane Day Trip - go and see the beautiful sights of polish mountains. Dunajec River Tour - see the historical monuments and just relax rafting on a mountain river.
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Upon my first visit to Krakow, I thought about booking with a tour company to get to know the city - something I would not normally do. With Escape2Poland, I booked to see the Wielczka Salt Mines, Auschwitz/Birkenau, plus a tour of the Jewish District, Ghetto and Schindler's Factory. Escape2Poland provided airport transfers, assisted with choosing the right hotel for us and were there on the dot for pick up times for tours. Tour guides spoke good English and were friendly, approachable and highly knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this company to anybody visiting Poland, and will use them again in future.

7  Thank laura h
Write a ReviewReviews (1,384)

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We booked a visit to Auschwitz-Birkenau with Escape to Poland last week (December 16th, Monday).
It was a very well judged tour of both camps. Our guide - Rykjard? Richard? Rychard? - was superb. He spoke quietly, slowly and respectfully, and is clearly an expert in his field.
The only disappointment for us was nothing to do with Escape to Poland. We were horrified by the taking of photographs by a few members of our tour group - people we did not travel with and only shared this tour with. Photographs here should be banned. It is hugely disrespectful to take them, especially in the solitude of the gas chamber. There are many beautiful photographic books available in the shop. Surely it is better to buy these rather than take photographs at the largest cemetery in the world?!
Speaking of books...we left our two on the bus on the way home and Escape to Poland had them dropped at our hotel that evening.
All in all, a first class service and I would recommend them 100%

4  Thank AMO308
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Escape to Poland is by far and away the most professional tour company I've ever used, I booked the trip to Auschwitz and also the airport transfers.
We got a great deal on our bookings the airport transfers worked out cheaper then a taxi and the entire trip to Auschwitz was something like £20 per person i think, this includes tour guide, transport to and from the camps, and entry into the camps.
When we arrived our driver was waiting there for us with our name on a board took our bags and dropped us off at our hotel, on the way he explained where we were to be picked up for our trip to Auschwitz a couple of days later.
The day of the trip the driver was on time and met us at our hotel to start the trip, once all the other people had been picked up we set off for Auschwitz (about a 50 minute drive or so) on the way there a dvd is played showing what it was like when the soviets liberated Auschwitz with real footage of what they saw and found, I'd say i was a fairly strong bloke but the things you see in that dvd break you and really set the scene for what your going to see at the camps.
We arrived at Auschwitz and met our tour guide I wish i could remember her name she was amazing and had a really good knowledge of the place and what it was like to be there, she has worked with survivors of the camp and knew what they had been through and actually showed emotion and compasion when explaining things to us, we were shown around the camp which is perfectly preserved and entered numerous buildings showing different artifacts and such, some with the rooms set up like they would have been when the camp was open.
At the end of this tour the guide jumped in the tour van with us and we went on to Auschwitz Birkenau, no matter how many shows you've seen, films, documentaries, or how many books you've read on this place nothing will prepare you for what you see or what you feel the minute you step inside this place, we were shown around the camp which is hard to explain how big it is and how many buildings are there, I think everyone needs to see this place.
The trip lasts for around about 6 hours or so but it didn't drag at all it goes over realy smooth and very professionally.
We were dropped off back at our hotel and the next time we saw this comapny was to drop us off back at the airport again hassle free, perfectly on time.
I read a lot of reviews before deciding to book with escape to poland and I'm really skeptical when it comes to reading reviews but got to say this company lived up to the expectations of its reviews and not hard to see why so many people post positive reviews of them, save yourself loads of time and book with this company you can't go wrong!

Thankyou to everyone at Escape to Poland for making our trip extra special

2  Thank slimboyfat82
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Escape to Poland was just amazing, over my expectations we just arrived from poland we went for a very long weekend as it was my boyfriends birthday and scape to Poland make this trip unforgettable... From the moment I booked (Anita Nowotka) was so helpful she help me with the booking as the hotel I choose was fully booked and I'm very fussy with hotel but we've got a really nice one!!!
Then the transfers are great the drivers are amazing so helpful and friendly and Always on time the vans are big and nice
Then the tours were just incredible what an experience very sad but this definitely will change my life for ever I learned a lot and that was just amazing
I recommend this company 100% you won't be disappointed and I'm definitely going back to the beautiful city of krakow (if you got in winter just warm up is absolutely FRIZEN ) but is so beautiful full of history !!

I'm so grateful with all the help that scape to poland gave me !!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Escape 2 Poland... Thank you for a very professional service, Having just returned from Krakow on The 15th December 2013 I would like to inform other travellers to look no further than this company, their staff are friendly and courteous and there is no language barrier as they speak very good English. On the two trips we made with them ( Auschwitz.. Wieliczka salt mines) they arrived on time and friendly on both occasions. Comfortable clean Mini bus.
FULLY RECOMMENDED