TripAdvisor
Krakow
Post
Inbox
Search

“Off the beaten track and an absolute delight”
Review of Chata

Chata
Ranked #190 of 2,109 Restaurants in Krakow
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I found this place looking at restaurants surrounding where we were drinking. It had excellent reviews and felt it would be the perfect place to eat polish food.

Upon arrival we were greeted by two lovely ladies who accommodated us straight away. We were recommended dishes and we were not let down. The food was delicious and very reasonably priced. I would recommend this place in a heart beat, traditional tables traditional music and a great atmosphere. Away from all tourists and excellent food, I highly recommend!

1  Thank Ellie S
Write a reviewReviews (1,563)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Luckily we were staying nearby and liked the look of the menu. Food was traditional and very cheap. Everything cooked well and tasted great. Decor inside is charming and we loved the rustic style. I had vegetable pierogi and my husband had goulash with potato cakes. Highly recommended this restaurant.

1  Thank tor2424
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We passed this a couple of times walking to and from the old town before deciding to try, purely as it always looked busy. It's very rustic inside with a warm welcome and traditional music playing. We sat on large table, sharing with locals which is a first for me, but created an even more intimate atmosphere. The menu isn't vast or overwhelming, just traditional polish food, which was delicious!! The polish pan, which is their speciality is very large with a great selection of foods, if there are 2-3 of you eating its well worth ordering between you at great value.

1  Thank LJMarsden
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent food I had Hunters pancakes other half had stuffed pork chop both finished off with apple cake. Very popular and busy but fab food and atmosphere :-)

1  Thank Mdfreeman37
Reviewed September 14, 2019

We found this place whilst looking for traditional restaurants close to where we stayed. It's a great little place, steeped in traditionalism. Solid wooden tables and chairs with thick sheepskin in place of cushions (though somewhat worn now).

We didn't book and were able to get a table for two in the back room immediately, which was great. All other tables in the restaurant were taken.

I had the Bigos stew (traditional Polish stew with pork, sausage and sauerkraut) and my wife had the chicken kebab. Both were fantastic, really well cooked and tasty. The stew did only have a couple of slices of sausage in which was a shame but for the price, I can't complain. All in all, we paid about 13 GBP for 2 beers, 2 mains and a vodka shot (which was also delicious).

Service was a little slow and not overly friendly but was more than adequate.

Would definitely recommend and would eat there again.