“Nice food, poor waitresses”
Review of The Mexican

The Mexican
Ranked #1,289 of 1,678 Restaurants in Krakow
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Miasto
Description: Hungry, Amigo? It is a good thing. Welcome to The Mexican - REAL MEXICAN RESTAURANT Amigo, are You looking for a place where you can spend friday evening? Perhaps You are wondering where You can eat something delicious? Would You like to taste some piquancy? The Mexican Restaurant offers You much more! This is the place where You can eat extraordinary meal while listening to live guitar sound, call spicy business lunch and taste great dinner after tough day.
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We had some nice food there, but the waitresses were rude and acting if they want to go home. They really didn't make you feel at home.
For soft drinks you pay 6 zloty and you can fill your glass yourself again and again.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I am never a hard person to please when it comes to food though this was the worst meal I have ever had in my life. Nothing short of disgusting. We got a platter to start. Ribs came out barely warm which were smothered in a cold sauce, which again was awful. The "Chicken" wings were simply bones dipped and deep fat fried. There was not one bit of chicken on it. From the outside the place looks lovely but inside is also awful. Dated decor and the menus were not clean. I would not let my dog eat in the place. WORST MEAL EVER.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

A member of the party I was visiting Krakow with wanted to try the Mexican which was being advertised by a guy dressed up as a Mexican outside. From the outside it looked very modern and inviting, inside it was fitted out to be Mexican with the waiters dressed up as well and posters on the walls of previous customers which I thought was a nice touch. However once we where sat at our table their was no lights and we where pretty much sitting in the dark, we had to use our phones just to read the menus!

The food in their was extremely cheap which I should have seen as a bad sign to start with, to start off they bought over some Nachos and dips which I liked as it meant you could eat them whilst decided what to have. Not being a fan of Mexican food I decided to go for the Tex-Mex Ribs and Nacho's to start with.
The nacho's bought out where Doritos and store bought dips, as for the Ribs...They where the most tasteless and chewy Ribs I've ever tasted, In the end I left them and ended up just eating my chips. The size of the meals where massive considering they only cost us £4/5 but for me it was inedible. Other members of the party however did eat their food, but didn't say that it was anything to rave about.

The good point of this restaurant however was the service was friendly and efficient and nothing was to much trouble. Along with this they had an array of drinks and cocktails as well a just of cocktail which was available in multiple flavours, we ended up going for strawberry. To be to the point is one of the best cocktails I've ever had and ended up drinking most of it myself.

Overall I wouldn't recommend the restaurant for food unless you want somewhere super cheap, however if you after drinks and cocktails and somewhere you can relax then this would be a fantastic place.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

This restaurant is just off Cloth Hall in Florianska Street. A very young chap in a mexican costume was standing in the street in the freezing cold, we had already decided to go in but he did encourgae us and was very pleased we were going in. He must have been frozen it was December. The food was really good, the staff very friendly and the atmosphere in there was really good. The lights almost looked like chandeliers but were tequilla bottles, and there was a large cocktail drink that if you had they took your photo and put it on the wall, I doubt if you could stand up afterwards. If you like spicey food and want a change from traditional polish food this is a good alternative.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We decided to have something different for lunch and saw the Mexican. Great decorations and atmosphere inside. Service definitely needs improving though! Had the fajitas. You can choose the how spicy you would like the dish. Medium was just right for me. Really enjoyed the food.