“Excellent value and service”

Queen Boutique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 258 Hotels in Krakow
Essex, United Kingdom
“Excellent value and service”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This was amazing with its central placement and helpful staff - especially the young lass on reception. It has a really beautiful spa and the food at breakfast was to die for. The room was nice - very clean. I would certainly go again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Somerset
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This is one of the most pleasant hotels I've stayed in, it has modern rooms of a good size, comfortable bed, super bathroom with every thing you need, staff are excellent, arranged all of our trips for us and at a good price. breakfast was outstanding, with hot and cold buffy, and as others have said location is perfect. We had an attic room with sky lights, when it rained hard it was a bit like sleeping in a tent, But This I must point out there was a meter square window at floor level which you could open right out ,bearing in mind this was the 5th floor it had no safety measure what so ever, ok of adults but you certainly would not want to have children in there. one other thing that went wrong , we had dinner in the restaurant one evening and a main course ( rack of Lamb ) was served raw, which was replace with out any fuss. The others of us in our party had superb food. there's one other thing i should point out if you like a late night drink, the bar closes about 10 :30 pm, but there's plenty more quite close . We very much enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to go back.

Room Tip: Choose rooms at the rear as the trams start at 5am
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank crockedSomerset
Anna N, Front Office Manager at Queen Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for sharing your opinion on TripAdvisor. I’m happy that you felt well attended and that you liked our breakfast with its large variety of food. The rooms located on the top floor they all have skylights and if rains the noise of rain might be heard a little bit. However you can also see stars :). When it comes to the small window on the floor level, you are absolutely right and it should be blocked with no option to open. I’m very sorry for this inadvertency.
I’m glad that you had dinner in our Amarylis Restaurant and you enjoyed it. I’m sure that raw lamb was a single case, anyway thank you for pointing this out, I’m happy that other dishes were impeccable.
Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again to Queen Boutique.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have just got back after staying a week in the hotel. the only thing I can think of we stayed on the top floor and we had window in the roof and when it rained in the night it was very noisy
the staff were very nice and helpful nothing was too much trouble.
The food was very good, and it was very clean.
If I go back to Krakow I would stay there.

Room Tip: tThe rooms on the top floor have windows in the roof and you can here the rain at night. We stayed...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
sf,ca
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I loved this hotel and would have rated it higher except for two minor things which I will list.

I'm not sure why there was no storage for unpacking clothes. Decent hanging space and plenty of room next to it with a low shelf but why no series of shelves or draws for unpacking clothes?

Given the modern traveler with multiple devices (phones, tablets, laptops) a desk area needs to have multiple outlets for charging. I could only find one available in this entire room.

Except for these two issues my stay was perfect. Room was large. Bed was comfortable. Despite on a somewhat busy street the room was quiet. Location was exceptionally convenient to everything! Staff couldn't be more helpful and friendly!

I loved this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Glasgow
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Currently staying at the Queen Boutique & it's certainly living up to expectations. It's in the perfect location, with the Main Market Square only 10-15 minute stroll up Grodzka, which is one of the oldest streets in Krakow. Kazimierz or Jewish Quarter is 5 minutes away & would highly recommend visiting the New Square in the evening. It really is teaming with life. Wawel Castle is also only 5 minutes away.
The hotel staff couldn't be more helpful. Nothing is too much trouble. Rooms are modern & spotlessly clean. Bathrooms are fantastic. Very comfortable beds.
Breakfast is superb, with a variety of hot & cold dishes to suit everyone.
We were given a complimentary voucher towards a meal in Amarylis Restaurant, which we used on our 2nd night. The food was delicious.
I would thoroughly recommend this Hotel & if ever I'm back in Krakow, won't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Staying in a room at the rear of the Hotel. Trams run along the front, so if you're a light slee...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stuart W
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Really lovely, modern hotel in ideal setting - just across the road from the Jewish quarter, 5 minutes walk to the castle, and 10 - 15 minutes walk to the Market Square (old town). A tram line runs outside (the noise didn't bother us at all, despite our room overlooking the main street with the trams). The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, and couldn't do enough for us (including a doctor call-out and finding a pharmacy open on a public holiday!). The breakfast buffet was beautiful, with a fantastic selection of hot and cold foods. We also used the spa, and the treatments were excellent and very good value for money compared with UK prices. Our room was spacious and clean, and the bathroom was very large with a lovely walk-in shower. We ate in the hotel restaurant one night and the food was wonderful, of a very high standard, and very good value for money. Frankly can't think of a single negative thing! Highly recommended. Would pass (to me) as 5 star.

Room Tip: If you are bothered by noise then perhaps ask for a room at the back - the rooms at the front overlo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Affafine
Anna N, Front Office Manager at Queen Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Guests,
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Queen Boutique for your stay in Krakow and secondly for sharing your opinion with other travelers. I am delighted to hear that you had nice stay and that hotel and its location was good enough to enjoy and explore our beautiful city. I am more than happy that you had time for having a spa treatment and I hope it was a pleasant experience. I have seen you wrote a very good opinion on Trip Advisor also about Amarylis Restaurant, we really appreciate it.
I hope we will host you again in Queen Boutique!
Aylesbury
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stayed in the Queen Boutique Hotel for 4 nights at the beginning of June and it was beautiful, friendly and spotlessly clean.
We arrived on an early flight and booked transfers with the hotel - 80pln and a beautiful black mercedes picked us up. We were also lucky enough to only wait 30 minutes for our room - we had been upgraded to a sky room which was a lovely surprise.
Although we didn't eat in the hotel (as there was too much to explore in the city) we enjoyed happy hour there every evening before venturing over to the Jewish Quarter for amazing food and friendly service.
I would like to thank Magda in the hotel restaurant for her attentive service and professionalism (and fantastic cocktails!). She even recommended local restaurants to eat in and which traditional chocolates to take home for the children!
We found all of the staff to be very friendly and polite and we even borrowed an additional adapter plug without charge.
The only slight niggle we had, was with the spa area. We had asked before we went out for the day about booking a spa treatment as I wasn't sure what time we would be back, but was assured that there was lots of availability and I could arrange it on my return.
We asked at reception as soon as we got back and they said we had to wait for an hour before I could have a hot stone massage (as they needed to heat the stones up), so I just had a normal massage, which although was lovely was not what I really wanted!
My husband was going to go in the sauna whilst I had my massage, but it was not on! He was told he would have to wait an hour for it to heat up!!! It just seemed odd that a hotel of this calibre would offer a sauna, but not have it switched on!
All in all, I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and Krakow is a beautiful city which we will definitely return to very soon.

Room Tip: Sky rooms had lovely views at the back of the hotel, but the blinds on the windows let in quite a bi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kim P
Anna N, Front Office Manager at Queen Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Guests,
First of all I would like to express my gladness that we managed to live up your expectations. It was great idea that you had booked transfers through us before your arrival. We are always ready to arrange transportation from and to the airport, our Guests are picked up by Mercedes driven by a professional driver, who speaks English. I would like to recommend our drivers also for private tours.
Although you didn’t eat in our Restaurant, I’m happy that at least you took advantage of happy hour and you tried our cocktails. I suppose Magda has already seen your review . Thank you anyway for mentioning her good service.
If it comes to the incident you had with our spa area I would like to apologize for it, I think it was some kind of misunderstanding. To explain ourselves, please understand that during the summer the sauna is underused so we do not turn it on if it is not necessary and we always ask our Guests to book it in advance. I hope that mentioned niggle didn’t influence your overall impression.
Thank you once again for your opinion. We look forward for your next stay in Queen Boutique! Next time we will welcome you with complimentary bottle of good wine 