“Great location, nice apartment”

Red Kurka Apartments
Ranked #29 of 452 Specialty Lodging in Krakow
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We spent 3 days in Apartment A just after New Year. The flat is very spacious with nice decor close to the Old Town of Krakow. I would definitely recommend it to families or couples wishing to have their own space. There is also a supermarket with long opening hours next door.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 9, 2013

My friends and I spent two nights at the Red Kurka apartments in May 2012. We stayed in apartment B and loved the decor. This was one of my first times to rent an apartment instead of staying in a hotel. We liked having a kitchen where we could prepare breakfast, coffee, etc. If I'm ever in Krakow again, I would definitely rent a Red Kurka apartment!

Room Tip: Apartment B was great for myself and the two friends I was traveling with.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I traveled to Krakow for the first time and stayed in Apartment C which was the perfect starting point for my otherwise short stay. I found the Red Kurka apartments on Trip Advisor and what a great find it was given it's proximity to Wavel Castle, Kazimierz (Jewish District) and the Old Town. Upon arrival I was greeted by Ewa and Karl who were both incredibly friendly and welcoming. I was immediately shown my apartment which was spacious, warm, clean and equipped with everything that I would need for my stay. I was impressed with how helpful and knowledgeable Ewa and Karl were in helping me plan my stay, they gave me a list of cafes, shops and restaurants along with a map that I referenced every day. All the restaurants or cafes that I ate at on their list did not disappoint me, they were all delicious!! Actually on my first night in Krakow I was invited by Ewa and Karl to join them for dinner at a restaurant down the street and I'm so glad that I did because they are absolutely wonderful people and I felt like I was having dinner with friends. Not only that they helped me organize my trip to the Wieliczka Salt Mine making sure that I got the best possible price, ultimately they helped make my stay in Krakow a memorable one. I hope to return to Europe this year and will definitely make sure that Krakow and Red Kurka are on my list of places to return to in my future travels.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank LouiseMxx
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying for 3 nights in the Red Kurka (Apartment C) with our 2 year old daughter. Over the last two years we have done quite a bit of traveling throughout Europe and have stayed in many rental apartments - this is one of the best! The location of the apartment can not be beat - it's easily walkable into the old town and the Jewish district and it is right next door to a little grocery store, yet it is peaceful and quiet. The apartment itself is spacious and beautifully designed, very clean and just a relaxing place to return to every evening. Ewa is an incredible host - she accommodated our early arrival and our late departure, she also supplied a crib for our daughter and suggested various restaurants and playgrounds that would be suitable for a 2 year old. We could not recommend this place more!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This was my first visit to Krakow and Poland , also my first time at an apartment rather than a hotel .
Ewa was waiting for me on arrival ,she had a list of good places for a drink or to eat , i tried one and it was well worth a visit .
The apartment (c)was very nice , has everything you could possibly need ,on top of that a few steps away is a very nice restaraunt if you didnt want to venture to far in the evening .
The apartments are only a few minutes walk from the main square or Wawel castel also a tram stop is just outside the door also a supermarket .
I can highly recommend the Red Kurka apartments , they are exactly as in the pictures .

Room Tip: Idealy located . Cant get any better than this !
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We had a fantastic stay in Red kurka appartement. First, they welcomed us like they would have done it with their own friends. They recommend us a few places to eat or to have party on a personnal list.
The flat was splendid, clean, romantic, well situated (only 5 min from the old town) and really spacious.
We enjoyed our stay a lot and will definitevely come back. I highly recommend this place. Thank you for everything ewa and Karl. We appreciate a lot.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Massonmelanie
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is one of the best appartments we have ever stayed during our many trips around the world. The owners Eva and Karl are not only lovely but extremely professional as well. We were supposed to arrive in the evening and due to weather conditions our flight was cancelled so we had to go to Krakow by bus arriving at 4.30 am in very early morning.Eva and Karl were waiting for us with a big smile! This was great and we thank them once more. The appartment is perfectly located close to all main attractions of the city in a short walking distance, beautifully decorated, very spacious and has all you need for your stay. There is a super market and a restaurant just next door which make life even easier. Perfect choice!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple