“Excellent”

Discover Cracow Tours
Book In Advance
$82.12*
and up
Krakow Super Saver: Auschwitz-Birkenau Half-Day Tour plus Wieliczka Salt Mine...
$45.16*
Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and Memorial Guided Tour from Krakow
$70.39*
Auschwitz-Birkenau Small-Group Tour from Krakow
Ranked #30 of 260 Tours in Krakow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With a passion for perfection since 2009, we have done our best to make the time spent with us give you unforgettable memories. Dynamic development of the company places us among the leaders in the region, so far more than 200 thousand satisfied tourists have discovered Kraków with us. We are a licensed tour operator, a partner of the biggest international hotel chains and a member of Polish Tourist Organisation. We believe that everyone has the right to wonderful memories, hence our mission is to create a joyful and friendly form of the highest quality sightseeing. We implement it according to international standards, where the key qualities are safety, professionalism, comfort and individual approach. Our team is made of experts at giving joy, local enthusiasts, people who are in love with Kraków, professional tourist guides and experienced drivers. We are constantly developing and implementing ideas for fascinating trips, so that tourists from all around the world can discover the beauty of our region. Our company's social responsibility is expressed by charity activities. We support \"Uśmiech Dziecka\" foundation, which helps children from Jan Brzechwa's Orphanage in Krakow. Whenever you buy services marked with a heart you help with us.
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Our trip to Auschwitz with Discover Krakow was perfectly organised and great value. The trip to this catastrophic site was so respectful and the knowledge and tone of our guide, really made this an unforgettable experience. I hope that others will visit Auschwitz for many years to come as the Holocaust and its victims suffering, cannot be forgotten. Discover Cracow is a great operator to help you experience this extraordinary place.

Visited November 2013
Patrycja M, Kierownik sprzedaży at Discover Cracow Tours, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Davizhaze1,

Thank you for valuable opinion. We do our best to provide services according to the highest standards so it is an honour to hear positive feedback from our guests.

Thanks and Greetings from Krakow,

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Professional Service throughout”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We used this company for both Auschwitz/Birkenau and the salt mines. On both occasions it was a very efficient service with pleasant, knowledgable guides. We note some other reviewers grumble about the length of transfer to Auschwitz - ridiculous, it is some 80+ kilometres, it is bound to take time and the brochure does clearly state this. Definitely would recommend using Discover Krakow.

Visited November 2013
Patrycja M, Director of Sales at Discover Cracow Tours, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Hello Jumick,

Thank you for your opinion -we do love to recieve feedback from our guests. We are happy that our services were appreciated by you.

That is so true with the lenght of transfer to Auschwitz - we do our best to make the way comfortable, safe and fast but have no chance to influence on distance ;)

Wish you all the best,

Duebendorf
“Tour to Auschwitz / Birkenau”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Transfer direct from and to your Hotel
New cars and experienced drivers
Friendly and excellent service
Additional service like child seat available

Hello Sandro,

Thank you for your great opinion! We are happy that our services meet your expectations. It is always the best motivation.

Greetings from Krakow,

Muscat Governorate, Oman
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Auschwitz-Birkenau museum visit: superb.”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We went on the Auschwitz-Birkenau visit which was very well organised and extremely good value. We were collected from our apartment and driven in a 7 seater minibus the 1.5hrs to the site. We were divided into language groups and provided with a headset and radio receiver so we could hear our guide clearly without the need for raised voices; this added to the atmosphere of respect and solemnity which I appreciated. Our English speaking guide, Anna, was superb. She presented the information with great sensitivity, whilst not hiding any of the facts. She was an expert in her field and answered questions freely, whilst also insisting on the appropriate protocol for such a site. She had a very good way of introducing information, preparing the group for what was to come, especially prior to the prisoners' artefact exhibits which I really appreciated. It was shocking, devastating, moving, difficult, thought provoking, sobering and time very well spent. The two sites, Auschwitz1 and Birkenau, are preserved and the interpretation of them is, in my opinion, excellent.
I was impressed to see how many visitors were there on one day, particularly young people, and to hear how many pass through those notorious gates each year. There is a notice early on quoting George Santayana which says, "The one who does not remember history is bound to live through it again." For this reason of many, I strongly urge you to make time to visit Auschwitz-Birkenau if it is possible. The experience will stay with you. As it should.

Visited October 2013
DiscoverCracow-GL, Manager at Discover Cracow Tours, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our tours as we're trying to do our best to satisfy our tourists' needs and reviews like Yours make us feel we're going the right way! It's great to hear that our tours are very well organised and extremely good value.

Best regards from Krakow and see you soon back to us!
Chicago
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Auschwitz-Birkenau Tour”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I chose to use the Discover Cracow tour service when I booked my tour for the Auschwitz-Birkenau Concentration Camps. I decided on the group tour because the private one was, in my view, much too expensive. I liked that they picked you up at your hotel at the time they said they would, however, what I didn't know was that we'd be driving to quite a few other hotels to pick up the rest of the group before actually heading to the camps. With Cracow traffic, it took a long time to gather everyone up. I highly recommend that, in the future, that Discover Cracow tell everyone going, to meet at one place at a specific time. That way, they only have to travel to one central pick-up/drop-off point. It will save the visitors time and Discover Cracow will save on gas. A win/win situation. Once we were on our way, a very moving video was shown about the camps, which highlighted some of the atrocities that were committed there. Once we arrived, we were handed off to one of the museum tour guides, and were told that after the tour of Auschwitz I, we'd be driven to the Birkenau Camp (Auschwitz II). Once inside Aushwitz I, we were led to pick up audio sets in order to hear the guide as they spoke. On a side note, please know that (before you go & that I later learned) Discover Cracow IS NOT involved with what you are shown on the tour. That is strictly the museum's call & how they've designed the camp tours. Now about the tour. The tour started out good, as I was able to hear the guide and see what place/object/building they were referring to. Unfortunately, though, because so many groups are there on any given day, the guides are pressed to give the tour in a certain amount of time so you're able to see both camps and get back to Cracow. Which means what I (and others) felt was rushing through the camp sites. I'm a person that likes to take their time & see as much as I can see, in order to try and really take in all that I'm experiencing. Going on this tour did not allow that because you end up not wanting to get left behind your group. Thus, I ended up missing A LOT of what the guide was saying, and I didn't get to see some things (that I was counting on seeing) at both camps such as the crematoriums at Birkenau. Once the tours (of both camps) ended, we returned to Cracow. It was then I learned why we had to get back by a certain time. It was because some people had also booked a tour of the Salt Mines. Eventhough I had not previously booked that tour, the van driver made a call and, thankfully, Discover Cracow allowed me to go along and pay the guide when I arrived there. This site is also a must see, but bring your walking shoes because the tour lasts about three hours. Additionally, whichever tour(s) you book, be sure to bring some food and water along with you. You do get breaks, but they're fairly short. I ended up eating on the ride back to Cracow. After the tour(s) were over, the van driver drove each visitor back to their hotel, which I also appreciated. In the end, though it's much more expensive, I would highly recommend (for the Auschwitz-Birkenau tour), that you book a private tour. One where you can spend practically all day at the camps. I believe you'll see much more and, most importantly, you won't be rushed and you'll really be able to take in what occurred there. I ended up going back the next day where I was able to see the crematoriums and other exhibits that I had missed on the previous day. Overall, I'd say that Discover Cracow is a very good company to use if you are looking to visit these sites.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank GetOutThere1
Helo GetOutThere1,

Thank you for your detailed review. We do appreciate your opinion about our company.

I believe that you are travelling a lot as you certainly got the point. We always do our best to meet our guest needs and that s why we organise hotel pick ups. We are doing all we can to make them fast and comfortable that is why we use mostlly minivans for our tours instead of buses.

We do recommend our private tours for all who prefer to sightseeing in a peaceful matter with better guide attention.

We are happy that you have joined our tours and thank you for valuable opinion.

Wish you all the best,