“Great find!”
Review of Trzy Kroki w Szalenstwo - CLOSED

Trzy Kroki w Szalenstwo
Cuisines: European, Central European, Polish, International, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Dear Sirs, due to the change of Trzy kroki w szaleństwo venue we are forced to have a break. The restaurant will begin at the new address at the end of first quarter of 2016. We will let you know about our new, even more attractive, location immediately. We are sorry for the inconvenience! All the questions and reservations will be accepted via email.
South Wales
“Great find!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Before we left the UK, we thought we would try a couple of the top rated restaurants on Trip Advisor in Krakow. Luckily for us, our hotel was only down the road, so this was the first place we tried.

Wow! What a find! As someone has previously said, it's 5 star food at 3 star prices. Each dish was cooked to perfection and presented so elegantly and beautifully, especially the desserts! Oh my word!

For a 3 course meal for 4 people including drinks - 350 plz (£75) which was incredible value for the quality of the food.

The staff were also very friendly and welcoming and spoke very good English.

• Polish first
Darlington, England, United Kingdom
“Great Service and food ... but ...”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

First of all ... we never had a bad meal in Krakow and this was selected due to Tripadvisor, but the hotel also said this was a great choice.

Booked, but the restaurant was not "full", but certainly very busy ...

Having had excellent food and service from a cafe at lunch we were expecting something extra special.

Crostini while tasty was certainly not special ...
Salmon starter ... was again beautifully presented, but I think the salmon starter at lunch was better with citrus fruits in it ... it was tasty ... just not as good as I was expecting ...

However, there can be no excuse for the mains .. The Tuna was BLAND and tasted oily and certainly needed the ginger risotto to give any kind of taste, but worse was that they did not ask how I wanted this cooked at it came well done ... when I like Tuna rare ... not what I was expecting. The salmon was also well done.

Deserts ... Belgian chocolate with Peri Peri was excellent, but I guess this is down to taste as the young couple on the table next to us did not like it as much. Creme Brulee was again quite bland, but at least the toffee whisps were a treat.

Water is overpriced for a standard bottle, but the Vinho Verde was actually an excellent bottle and went excellent with the meal.

Overall for 2 people ... 3 courses, water and wine 296 PLN ~ £60 was excellent value ... however, to experience great food with great service you can probably select most places in Krakow ...

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Just a few minutes from the station, in the opposite direction from the old town, this place is a real gem. Food was excellently presented by friendly staff. We had a pineapple and amaretto palate cleanser (complimentary), followed by crostini with various toppings and soup. Main course was steak, cooked to perfection, and salmon followed by an amazing creme brûlée dessert which was a work of art! My only criticism was the long wait between courses, it was over half an hour between ordering dessert and seeing a member of staff to ask where the dessert was! We visited here because of the Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed

Visited October 2013
Western Ireland, Ireland
“Does not deserve best restaurant in Krakow listing”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Chose this restaurant because of its listing as number 1 and we wanted to celebrate an occasion for my husband. It was a dissapointment for that reason - not because it was bad, just because it was far from the best in my humble opinion and more expensive than others we sampled. They tried hard but it lacked atmosphere. The building was nice , the staff were wearing the shortest skirts I had ever seen and challenged my otherwise liberal attitude. I was particularly dissappointed by the taste of my vegetarian meal, I was certainly expecting something delicious but I was left waiting.
There was a certain pomp about the dessert and I noticed they go to elaborate lenghts to describe the homemade ingredients - but my hunch is this where they make people keep on coming - no matter what you order they will give some rather elaborate sugar coated dressing and go to lenghts to tell you about it - for me it was slightly too staged - if you want stage - go for the lovely opera just down the road (sorry I digress!!)

to conclude - certainly not bad - just not the best in Krakow for taste, value or atmosphere

4 Thank SeeMSee
Coventry, UK
“Best Restaurant in Krakow - Really???”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We booked this restaurant in advance for a special celebration based on the reviews here so had high expectations. Unfortunately, and I don't give bad reviews I would only describe it as average. Let down mostly by the service. We sat with empty glasses and struggled to alert the attention of the waitress. My broccoli soup with cheese balls, was best described as a dairylee triangle rolled into marble size balls, covered with poppy seeds and served on a tea spoon. Random. Wasn't sure whether to put them in the soup or on the bread roll. As it was the soup was as best tepid so wouldn't have melted them any way. I had stuffed pork which tasted like it had been boiled and was dry and chewy. The deserts saved the meal. In part because they were served by a different waitress who was so enthusiastic about them explaining the were home made. And they looked lovely with spun sugar. The presentation of the food was lovely, but the taste and temperature let it down. Whilst I accept its cheaper than in England, its incredibly expensive for Krakow and we had much better meals else where for a fraction of the cost.

We may have just caught the place on a bad night, as other tables were giving the waiting staff a hard time with complaints about food etc, and the place was quite cold, both in temperature and atmosphere.

A happy birthday to my daughter wouldn't have gone amiss, and overall I wouldn't recommend the place. You will get better bang for your Plz elsewhere in a city that boasts over 300 eateries.

5 Thank bennybex