“Perfect”
Review of Trzy Kroki w Szalenstwo - CLOSED

Trzy Kroki w Szalenstwo
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dear Sirs, due to the change of Trzy kroki w szaleństwo venue we are forced to have a break. The restaurant will begin at the new address at the end of first quarter of 2016. We will let you know about our new, even more attractive, location immediately. We are sorry for the inconvenience! All the questions and reservations will be accepted via email.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We visited the once. But i shall be back!
Excellent choice of starters, mains and puddings. The recommended wine was superb and the cocktails left me wanting more. he service and standard and food is that of a Michelin star quality.
I had salmon and risotto main, my Mum the chicken chasseur and mash. Our starters included a sugar sweet scallop and tantalising duck spring rolls.
I am going to return to Krakow, if only to sample the whole menu and thats not an idle threat.
Kepp up the good work and I have no doubts your Michelin star awaits!

There are newer reviews for Trzy Kroki w Szalenstwo

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We spent four nights in Krakow last week. As always, I had looked at the trip advisor reviews for both the hotel and the restaurants. We arrived late on Monday so we ate in our hotel. On Tuesday we visited Auschwitz and when we came back decided we would look for the number 1 restaurant in Krakow (trip advisor's number 1) We were delighted to find that this was very near our hotel....about 0.5km.
We had not booked a table, which was not a problem. The restaurant is in a cellar. It contains several smallish rooms at different levels. We were shown to a table at the back of the restaurant and there were no other diners here at the time.
The menu, which is online also, was interesting. We did not have a starter, just a main course as we wanted to try the desserts. I ordered the veal and my partner the beef pappadelle. The veal was delicious, really tender and pink. The veg, though a bit minimalist, was lovely. I especially loved the carrot, which looked like a corkscrew. The beef dish was also very tasty. We liked the place so much we booked a table for two nights later. On the second night, I ordered a pork roulade stuffed with black pudding and my spouse chose a chicken dish and again, both were delicious.
The desserts were lovely. Lovely to look at and so tasty. I ordered the chocolate mousse on both nights....it was spectacular. Tasty, light chocolate mousse in an edible tower; accompanied by Red Bull jelly, spun sugar some brightly coloured "caviar" decorations. My companion had chocolate and vanilla panna cotta on the first night and passionfruit crème brulee on the second visit. Both were also works of art. The service was very efficient and pleasant - we had a carafe of house wine and some bottled water on both nights. The food was really good quality but the price was amazing. We paid just under €40 each night. Probably quite expensive for Krakow, as we had eaten lunch for about €10 for both of us! However, this was a lovely restaurant experience and I would recommend visiting here if you are in the region of the Galleria Krakowia or the main square.

2  Thank Iosaif
Reviewed June 21, 2013

For sure the food is innovating, maybe too innovating and there are the mixtures of so many components on the plates, sometimes, too many. Anyway the place is worth visiting. The service is correct, waiters are very attentive. This restaurant is located slightly out of the tourist tracks, but it`s advantage to visit other part of the town. The prices, like for Krakow and the offered dishes, are rather moderate.

1  Thank laserkid
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Went to this restaurant after reading trip advisor reviews, was quite a trek from our hotel in the Jewish quarter (other side of market square, but not far from there) but so glad we made the effort! Food was absolutely superb, we had tuna with ginger risotto and steak and chips, and both were absolutely lovely. But the dessert was the best bit - really was art on a plate, almost didn't want to eat it! Nice atmosphere too in a brick cellar.

3  Thank Jen D
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Privileged to have this restaurant around the corner from us! Had to go there twice.
Service was slow at first but improved later. The baked potatoes with the salmon were to die for. Second visit my baked potatoes were a bit over cooked so the consistency still needs to be maintained.
Other than that... food was delicious and looked appealing.

2  Thank Nina J