“great value and massive portion of goulash/stew”
Review of Kuchnia u Doroty

Kuchnia u Doroty
Ranked #35 of 1,521 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Kazimierz
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“great value and massive portion of goulash/stew”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

the food was great and the value amazing I have eaten here on both my trips to Krakow
only negative was the white wine I had on second trip did not have much flavour
great food the chef speciality was so filling there was no room for desert.

Visited August 2013

• Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
“Delicious food and lots of it!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I wasn't even going to go to that place as it isn't on top of the list. It was recommended to me by a polish driver picking me up from the airport. I Decided to give it a go and I must say - what a great experience. The food is outstanding and you get enough of it. Nice, police waitresses, clean place. I have been to those top rated places as well and this one is much much better overall for half the price!!!

• Visited September 2013
Durham, United Kingdom
“Great pierogis!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I would highly recommend this place for some great tasting, authentic pierogi! I'm sure the rest of their fare is just as good as the pierogis were too. I liked the fact that the staff were friendly - this was not the case in other places we ate/drank in Krakow - and they were willing to allow us to have mixed pierogis, which wasn't on the menu. And all at a bargain price to boot!

• Visited August 2013
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
“The real deal, authentic Polish”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stayed in Krakow and dined at many recommended restaurants but this was the highlight of our culinary adventure. My wife is Polish so I accustomed to home made Polish cooking, so the bar is set very high. After dining is the Ghetto at Starka we asked the server where do the locals eat and she pointed us to Kuchnia Doroty. What a gem of a place!!! Pierogi were hand made and fluffy, the house special two potato pancakes enveloping goulash was off the hook, the whole expierience was sublime!!!! this place is run by a bunch of hard working Polish ladies who will make you feel at home with very reasonable prices. If you want authentic Polish cuisine,This place cannot be missed!!!!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Eugenio D
Da Nang, Vietnam
“Nice home-style cooking, good price”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by our guide from Free Walking Tour. We also had the map that she handed out, which earned us some free kompot (very tasty fruit drink from fresh and dried fruit, it was cherry for us).

Food was good. We loved the spinach and cheese grilled (almost quesadillas) with garlic bechamel sauce). Potato pancakes and sour soup with potatoes, egg and sausage were very tasty too. The meat roll-up was the "expensive" item on our list (12 pln) and was the most "average" - meat was dry, stuffing was not what was described. Still it was ok.

Overall, for the money it is a good deal. Restaurant is located half way between the Wawel Castle and the Jewish quarter of Kazimierz.

• Visited August 2013