“Excellent Stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 401 Specialty Lodging in Krakow
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Aparthotel Stare Miasto is an excellent hotel recently refurbished. The rooms are comfortable and stylish and the staff friendly. What's more important is its location. It is just behind the main square allowing you to walk everywhere. I would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are a couple go for the deluxe studio with spa bath!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

Firstly the staff on reception are amazing. They make every day special cus they start it with a smile. Room was great. Hot tub or bath I don't know but it was class. Fridge full of beer. Sorry room 708. Thanks again. Great holiday!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Ben_Sarah_11
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

best hotel ever! Friendly staff Amazing room! Brilliant price!

• Stayed July 2012
Rochester, Minnesota, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

We spent a total of 4 nights at Aparthotel Stare Miasto during our first trip to Poland in May. We would definitely return to this city and this hotel. The staff were welcoming from the start, and we were so grateful they spoke English, had great sense of humor, and helped us get the most out of our time in Krakow. We loved the rooms, and were amazed at what a nice job they've done renovating this historic building. It was great to be so close to the action of the old town. I think one of my favorite things about my room was keeping my window open at night and hearing the trumpeter on the Square. We had so many questions for the staff, and we found them all to be highly responsive, helpful, and joyful. Our rooms were very clean and comfortable, and beautiful!

Room Tip: We asked specifically for quiet rooms and were not disappointed. We were on the top floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Julie S
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stayed at Aparthotel Stare Miasto for 4 days in May 2012 during my first visit to Poland. The hotel and the staff were among the highlights of my trip! The room was clean and bright, well-equipped with kitchen cabinets/refrigerator/TV, and uniquely and comfortably designed (each room is different). Exposed wood and red brick throughout. The shower was perfect for me but may be a little snug for a larger person. The front desk staff, Ana and Jo, were lovely and incredibly helpful - offered to do our laundry, did google searches on the spot for sites we asked about and brightened the space with their cheerful and welcoming smiles and words. The location was great - steps from the OldTown Square (we were not driving, thankfully - the streets are very narrow)! I highly recommend Aparthotel Stare Miasto

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Just spent three nights in Krakow at the Aparthotel Stare Miasto - what a fabulous apartment - marble floors, glass mezzanine - immaculately clean. The service from the Englsh speaking staff was excellent, happy to advise on the city, places to eat and arrange a tour to Auschwitz (essential but sobering experience).

The location was equally fabulous - a stones throw from the beautiful market square with an enormous choice of enticing bars and restaurants. On the right side of town for a gentle walk to the Castle and Cathedral.

We had breakfast next door in Resto Illuminati - piano bar. The breakfast was excellent, beautifully presented, great service. So good we also dined there on our last evening and wasn't disappointed.

A few small points which didn't particularly bother us but there was no shower (the jacuzzi bath did have a shower attachment),and our room was overlooked by the buildings opposite - it had enormous windows and as much as I dislike net curtains they would have been preferable to having to close the curtains and block out the sunlight every time we used the bathroom!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Jersey, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I don't know where to start, this has been the worst experience of my life.I booked in for my wife and I for our first wedding anniversary. We have been woken up every morning from the builders downstairs, from 7am onwards everyday!!!!!! Drilling, hammering,chainsaws, bits of debris falling onto our bed it's so loud and heavy. They will tell you its from next door and that there builders are on holiday rubbish and lies.You can here what goes on in the apartments next door word for word as if they are stood next to you. Even having to indure listening to one couple having sex luckily for us he only lasted about a minute.( this was the highlight of our stay) for some reason our bathroom roof is made of clear see through acrylic, so when people are upstairs above watering plants they can see you !!!!!! what's that all about ? We asked to be moved only to be told yes tomorrow but unfortunately tomorrow never came was always the same answer. My only hope is that someone reads this review and does not stay here, how this place can even be on trip advisor astounds me. Do not stay in room 611 it is the gateway to hell. I was sure we were being secretly filmed for some TV documentary to see how long it would take until our patience snapped, well today or rather 7am this morning was the time after 7days of hammering drilling etc don't even start me on the bed making skills. People say is a good location to the square I agree with this but is closer to hell on earth. Enjoy your stay in krakow DO NOT STAY HERE. The mad thing is the builders stop at 11ish my head has been mashed I'm supposed to be on holiday relaxing and recharging my batteries instead I find myself in bed writing this review such is my rage and anger, can't wait to get home which is such a wrong thing to say when on holiday. PS do not let this put you off from krakow or Poland as both are amazing places with great history and loads of great things to do and see. Arrrgggghhhhh !!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple