“Location Perfect”
Review of Camea

Camea
Ranked #26 of 131 Krakow B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 5, 2012

The first thing you notice when arriving at this hotel is the warm welcolm you get, and that continues throughout the whole stay. Our room (there was 2 of us) was huge, our friends 2 adults and 2 children also had a large room. The furniture was antique and suited the room. The room was basic no tea coffe facilities, but it was very clean and even had a table and chairs. The breakfast was the normal meat, cheese yoghurt etc but there was plenty of it and Tom who looked after the breakfast was excellent he became our tour advisor and we got good info on where to go and where not to go, he also gave us a guide on what we should pay which was very helpful.

But the most amazing thing about the hotel was the location, it was second to none, right in the centre of everything, yet never heard a thing at night and slept really well in the very comfortable bed. A/C worked which in some Hotels is a bonus.
As we had an early flight they made up breakfast boxes for us, which was lovely. Krakow is a great place with a lot of history, but is also a very cheap place to eat and drink, the Polish people are very friendly and they all seem to speak very good English.

Not only would I go back to Krakow but would not stay anywhere else, great place great location great friendly people.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kiwi904

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed at the beginning of August. Relatively cheap for bed and really great breakfast, very friendly guy there that puts out the breakfasts gave us lots of advice about Krakow. Very clean and pleasant and great location.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Loved the location and service. Great hotel and a great price. Stayed here while visiting my wife's relatives during our honeymoon. All of the great tour options available right next to the hotel. One of my favorites in my travels

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dobber_spe
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed in Camea for 2 nights in April. Exellent location, very good room (with free internet) at a competitive price, quite, breakfast included. Excellent for a stay in Krakow when you want to be in a very centre of the old town and not pay a forture. Great value for money. Definitively worth recommending!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravellingGosia
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I have just returned from a tip to Krakow where I spent 3 nights at the Camea. I was booked into a single room which was a comfortable size with a queen sized bed, immaculately clean white bedding and a spotless bathroom. When I came to use the shower the next evening there appeared to be no hot water so I contacted the reception and a lady very kindly moved me to a double (enormous) room. Although I was fairly sure that the lack of hot water must be affecting the whole building I happily took the upgrade! The next morning still no hot water, but a chap on reception (the owners son) got someone out to look at it and it was fixed ASAP.

One of the plus sides to the rooms I stayed in was how quiet they were, especially given where the hotel is situated. Grodzka is a very busy street (mainly pedestrians) but I couldn't hear a thing - I wasn't facing onto the street though so I cannot vouch for other rooms. Some people have said the breakfast was not so good, but I can tell you that it was no different to another hotel I stayed at in Krakow (one that was much more expensive and not nearly as good).

I haven't marked the hotel down for it but I do think they should consider a better television system - 400+ channels; half don't work and only two in English (lots of middle eastern ones though)!!!

I would not even hesitate to come back here, such a clean and well looked after place.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Burning_Giraffe
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Booked for just one night before flying back to UK . Could be hard to find if you aren't careful , just a small sign off the street and then down a corridor to reception. Friendly check in , some confusion as although booked through booking,com the room needed to be paid for , also the booking.com website said breakfast from 7am , hotel says from 8am which was no good for us as we were leaving for the airport at 0745 , they did provide us with a free breakfast box each though so no complaints . Room was very nice , large and with 1 double & 2 single beds . Clean & tidy too. All for about £50 for the 3 of us . One warning , we were on 4th floor and there is no lift . Location is fantastic , just 5 mins walk too the main square and all other old town attractions.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I stayed at the Camea hotel for two nights in Dec. I was really impressed with the ideal location, Krakow is a small city but the hotel is a 2 min walk from the SE corner of the square. The unobtrusive entrance is almost too easy to miss. The room I had was up on second floor (no lift) but was so quiet I could've been out in the country rather than so close to the centre. 5 mins down the road is the castle so again a brilliant location and a hotel I'd recommend to anyone. The only downside would've been the service at breakfast (downstairs in a bar at the same location), the girl serving the breakfast room was happier to watch MTV and glance round when people came in for breakfast leaving them to sort themselves out. Indeed the first day I went for breakfast I wasn't sure if she was working or a guest. However breakfast was adequate for the price

• Stayed: December 2011