“One of Krakow's best”

Ranked #21 of 128 Krakow B&B and Inns
Long Beach, California
“One of Krakow's best”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Loved the location and service. Great hotel and a great price. Stayed here while visiting my wife's relatives during our honeymoon. All of the great tour options available right next to the hotel. One of my favorites in my travels

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dobber_spe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed in Camea for 2 nights in April. Exellent location, very good room (with free internet) at a competitive price, quite, breakfast included. Excellent for a stay in Krakow when you want to be in a very centre of the old town and not pay a forture. Great value for money. Definitively worth recommending!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank TravellingGosia
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I have just returned from a tip to Krakow where I spent 3 nights at the Camea. I was booked into a single room which was a comfortable size with a queen sized bed, immaculately clean white bedding and a spotless bathroom. When I came to use the shower the next evening there appeared to be no hot water so I contacted the reception and a lady very kindly moved me to a double (enormous) room. Although I was fairly sure that the lack of hot water must be affecting the whole building I happily took the upgrade! The next morning still no hot water, but a chap on reception (the owners son) got someone out to look at it and it was fixed ASAP.

One of the plus sides to the rooms I stayed in was how quiet they were, especially given where the hotel is situated. Grodzka is a very busy street (mainly pedestrians) but I couldn't hear a thing - I wasn't facing onto the street though so I cannot vouch for other rooms. Some people have said the breakfast was not so good, but I can tell you that it was no different to another hotel I stayed at in Krakow (one that was much more expensive and not nearly as good).

I haven't marked the hotel down for it but I do think they should consider a better television system - 400+ channels; half don't work and only two in English (lots of middle eastern ones though)!!!

I would not even hesitate to come back here, such a clean and well looked after place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Burning_Giraffe
SWINDON
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Booked for just one night before flying back to UK . Could be hard to find if you aren't careful , just a small sign off the street and then down a corridor to reception. Friendly check in , some confusion as although booked through booking,com the room needed to be paid for , also the booking.com website said breakfast from 7am , hotel says from 8am which was no good for us as we were leaving for the airport at 0745 , they did provide us with a free breakfast box each though so no complaints . Room was very nice , large and with 1 double & 2 single beds . Clean & tidy too. All for about £50 for the 3 of us . One warning , we were on 4th floor and there is no lift . Location is fantastic , just 5 mins walk too the main square and all other old town attractions.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I stayed at the Camea hotel for two nights in Dec. I was really impressed with the ideal location, Krakow is a small city but the hotel is a 2 min walk from the SE corner of the square. The unobtrusive entrance is almost too easy to miss. The room I had was up on second floor (no lift) but was so quiet I could've been out in the country rather than so close to the centre. 5 mins down the road is the castle so again a brilliant location and a hotel I'd recommend to anyone. The only downside would've been the service at breakfast (downstairs in a bar at the same location), the girl serving the breakfast room was happier to watch MTV and glance round when people came in for breakfast leaving them to sort themselves out. Indeed the first day I went for breakfast I wasn't sure if she was working or a guest. However breakfast was adequate for the price

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Paul W
Playa Blanca, Spain
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We spent 2 nights in the early autumn here in Krakow and even though we didn´t spend much time at the hotel itself it is most certainly a place we would return to and also recommend to others.

The rooms are spacious and clean; the location is perfect just a few minutes walk from the main square (Rynek); despite it´s location it is still quiet.

We don´t really have anything to complain about but we guess the breakfast could be better and only a few tv-channels worked.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tyhe
Leipzig, Germany
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Well, the title says it all... The hotel is beautifully located directly in the old town. And thats the most positive thing.

While not really bad on any level, there is nothing that really stands out. The hotel is located in an old building and you somehow get the feeling, that you are living in an old polish building, but not in a hotel. When i looked out of my room window, i could see some stairs going up, so probably not the most private room ever.

The rooms are really basic, but also very clean. The bathroom had one little soap for doing shower, handwash, etc., so really nothing more than you really need. The bed was not the most comfortable or biggest one, the linen was to small for the bed, the shower itself was good, there was also a small tv in the room, which had to be operated through a reciever, which was complicated at first. Breakfast was in the cellar of the old building, and it really felt like you are sitting in the cellar of an old castle. It was a dark, small and not to cozy room, with some basic breakfast.

All in all you get what you pay for. And the good thing is...you don't pay much. So you got some clean, but basic accomodation, with nice staff (a bit unexperienced maybe) in the best location of krakow for really small money.

Recommend for anyone who doesn't need luxury.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo