“Nearly missed it but so glad we didn't!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Campana

La Campana
Ranked #99 of 1,471 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Stare Miasto
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Nearly missed it but so glad we didn't!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We went in search of this restaurant following a recommendation but couldn't really find the enterance so thought it was closed. Thankfully someone was just coming out and showed us the way in. So glad they did as it was lovely. The food was beautiful, interior lovely and staff very efficient. Is a nice change to the authentic polish cuisine offered in other restaurants.

• Visited January 2013

• Polish first
London
“Great place for Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

After a morning sightseeing, walked into this Restaurant and was warmly greeted. Food was great and service excellent

Antrim, United Kingdom
“Mediocre at best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

I could write this in 50 words or 1000 but the title says it all. My wife and I ate here tonight and I would struggle to say anything positive about it.

We were one of 4 tables of 2 eating and it started to go wrong from arrival. In a not busy restaurant, we were standing for around 5 minutes before any staff appeared. No sorry or similar either when he did.

My wife ordered prosecco and I ordered a draft beer and we asked for water for the table. She got a flat glass, although she did say it was OK and I got a flat glass of Tyskie. The ubiquitous overpriced bottle of Acqua Panna arrived to be followed shortly after by bread, oil & balsamic. This was unordered but charged for, another all too often tiresome feature of eating in Italian restaurants

As for the food, my chicken on spinach with pine nuts and pesto was bland and could have cone from a mediocre works canteen. The chicken was flavourless and on the basis of what I received, the restaurant will not need to order more pine nuts or pesto in a hurry. My wife's salmon was similarly bland and her side order of mixed salad was completely bereft of dressing of any discernible effort. My side order of fried potatoes came from a freezer bag.

Service was polite but perfunctory. My flat Tyskie was apparently because the restaurant had "run out of gas" on their draft beers and they couldn't order more because of the holiday period. Its the 23rd by the way! When asked how my meal was, I answered "just OK" but got no response or apparent interest either so I can only assume the question was rhetorical.

I can only assume that other reviews here that are glowingly positive are genuine but I cannot see how any objective review of my visit could have concluded differently. Yes I've had worse meals but not against as positive an expectation as I had here. Extremely disappointing.

1 Thank carr6775
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Authentic tasting Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Our experience might be a little biased given we actually ate here rather than walking out as we had just done from Pimiento. But the food WAS excellent. We had gnocchi and carbonara and both had a very authentic feel to them. We are wondering if a failure to come to the table within 5 minutes of one sitting down is a feature of restaurants in Krako;, fortunately the waiter arrived before I started to threaten to leave. Once the food was ordered everything went smoothly and the wine arrived promto - most important. Wouldn't say it was fast service, but just about adequate.pleasant enough ambience - pity about the Christmas music, but guess that is inevitable in the week before Crimbo.

Vallensbaek Strand, Denmark
“Italian elegance in Krakow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Saturday night dinner - my girlfriend, our daughter and my mother - the scene was set and expecatioins high (after reading reviews beforehand) when we arrived.

When we left - after entres, main courses, redwine, desserts and coffee - we were as happy and full - as we could be. Expectations had been met!

Our daughter - 11 months old - was not on her best behaviour that night, but we still felt welcome. The service was superb. The food was very good - most be some from the top-end of the scale in Krakow.

The bill - after plenty of food and a pretty sweet redwine - was just under 400 zl. That was more than fair. So if you are in Krakow for a few days, this is one of the places to visit. We sat upstairs - but had a peek down in the basement and .. that looked very cozy indeed.

Not the most obvious location and not even that obvious if you look for it. We tried two doors before we found the right one. But - besides that - a full 5 star review from here!