“Disappointed Based on Previous Reviews”
Review of Resto Illuminati

Resto Illuminati
Ranked #196 of 1,567 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Paphos
“Disappointed Based on Previous Reviews”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

The good points are the staff, service, decor, pianist & wine list. Sadly the food left a lot to be desired. I had the scallops to start with, which were bland & the lamb fillet was tasteless although very well cooked. My wife thought that the goats cheese starter was very good but her duck main course lacked taste. Due to our disappointment with the main courses we did not try a dessert. I normally try to be positive with my reviews if I can but in this case I have found it hard to be upbeat about the food. I am also surprised by how high this restaurant is rated. Maybe we went on an off night in the kitchen.

Visited May 2013

• Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
“Ambiance”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The dining room was beautiful, we had a reservation and were shown to a table for 2 inside the front door along the bar. We asked for another and were shown to a table for 4 in another room which was very nice. This was a little off putting to start the meal. We noticed that the original table we were shown was never occupied. The food was good but nothing to write home about.
The staff was stuffy and condescending. Would not return.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Out of this world bloody Mary's and such helpful staff”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Read the reviews on TA and thought we would give it a go.. Well, my my, the bloody Mary's are amazing.. Hats off to Adrian who will tailor it to your exact specifications. Amazing! Going back for dinner tomorrow night, I wanted to give them advance notice and chat through the menu as I have wheat and dairy intolerances and they were so helpful, nothing is a problem as they have real chefs who care for their clients. Warm and friendly place, lovely decor.. Watch this space for my food review!

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Lauren M
Mumbles, United Kingdom
“Attentive and accomadating”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Read reveiws for a few restaurants to visit whilst in krakow all were good but this one was exceptional the food was outstanding the service second to none and the whole ambiance off the place was great not far off the main square this truly will make your visit to krakow a memorable one thanks all

Honolulu, HI
“Quality atmosphere and spot-on service and presentation, food leaves much to be desired.”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

In a party of four, we ordered various appetizers and entrees. The duck spring rolls were fantastic. Very flavorful, but in the end... spring rolls. The goat cheese toast appetizer was also fantastic. The lamb was quite good, but the ratatouille could just as easily have been taken from a microwaved airline tray. The steak was of good quality and cooked well. The pesto plastered on it was a strange choice and didn't add to the meal, nor did the greasy and overcooked onion and mushroom slush. The house wines were fantastic! Decor and ambiance were great, and service was spot-on. The waitstaff deserve special thanks for this. This review should be a 3.5 out of 5, but service and decor are only worth so much when the food is not up to par, especially at a restaurant so highly rated.