“Beautiful meal in lovely surroundings!”
Review of Resto Illuminati

Resto Illuminati
Ranked #191 of 1,520 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Beautiful meal in lovely surroundings!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Having read the positive reviews on trip advisor i booked a table for myself and my 5 friends to visit resto illuminati to celebrate my friend's birthday on New Years Day. The meal was absolutely beautiful and the service faultless!
When we arrived we were greeted by one of the female waiting staff who showed us to our table. The restaurant was beautiful - modern but with lots of character from the surrounding art work and exposed brick walls. We were left to look at the menu, before a member of staff came to take our drinks order. The drinks were served professionally and even the fruit juice ordered by one of my friends was served in a lovely glass, garnished with physillis. There were a number of beers on offer providing a welcome change to the usual choices in other restaurants we visited. We opted for mains, leaving room for dessert! Most of the table had the fillet steak - which had to be one of the best steaks i have ever tasted (the morsel my partner allowed me!), i had the stuffed chicken, which was beautiful and much lighter than expected and another of our party had the lamb dish which was also amazing! For dessert we sampled the chocolate tart, the creme brulee and the chocolate fondant - each was beautifully presented and tasted fantastic! The one minor criticism was that the tart arrived slightly broken and the accompanying marscapone had melted in transit!

All in all a fantastic meal in a lovely setting, accompanied by live music from the piano by the door. The restaurant appeared very fancy but still had an air of casual dining to it, which made us feel comfortable rather than some of the stiff establishments i have visited in Edinburgh! The standard of food on offer is reflected in the price, and this is high-end for Krakow, however it is fantastic value for money when compared to similar restaurants back home.

We will definately visit again! Thank you for a lovely evening!

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank JAG312

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We came here after reading the positive reviews and were not disappointed! Food was delicious, we really couldn't fault it. Service was very attentive and the waitresses were very knowledgeable in their advice. It is more expensive than other restaurants in the area but well worth it!

Alderley Edge, Cheshire
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I first visited this restaurant on my own as my husband was working that day. The staff made me feel very welcome and attended to my every need. The food is very european so a real mix but as this was my first visit to Poland and its food I thought I would stick to what I know until meeting up with my husband the following day, (he is a regular visitor to Poland).

The restaurant is modern is decor and spotlessly clean. I could not fault the food - beautifully presented and enough of it so that you can enjoy all courses. For the standard of food I thought it was very good value for money. At 7pm there is a pianist to entertain (who was great).

I enjoyed it so much that my husband and I booked for dinner on a following evening. My husband is a regular visitor to Poland and he also thought it was excellent and would be visiting again.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank SilverBirches
Cork, Ireland
“What a fantastic restaurant”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I visited krakow in November 2012 with a group of friends.We had dinner two nights out of the three at this restaurant because it was just exquisite. On the second night the waitress told us that the head chef and owner Michael was irish so as we are irish he joined us for a glass of wine.This restaurant is definitely worth a visit if visiting krakow.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Angela5173
Walsall, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb restaurant”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

To celibrate a birthday, we visited this restaurant with friends. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent, the service was friendly and professional and the atmosphere was relaxed and comfortable. the additional touches provided by the staff to mark my wifes birthday were a surprise to us and added to our enjoyment of the evening, and the background music played by the pianist and saxophonist enhanced what was for us a very enjoyable dining experience, and one which I would recommend.

• Visited December 2012