“Not quite as good as my last visit, but still a great place to eat”
Review of Morskie Oko

Morskie Oko
Ranked #78 of 1,732 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: Polish
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was the 4th time we have eaten at the Morki Oko restaurant in Krakow. Our previous experiences in 2011 and 2012 were so good with the quality of the food, the general ambience, the service etc. that we couldn't fail to want to visit it again this year. Our restaurant of choice.
The first time we tried on this latest visit, we couldn't get a table. This had never happened to us before so we were a little disappointed. The second night we just managed to get in upstairs, although we would have much preferred to have gone downstairs where the atmosphere is so much better with the Polish cultural entertainment.
I couldn't wait to once again try the beef stroganoff; a discovery on previous visits, but was a little disappointed in that there seemed less meat and more mushrooms this time. Then I opted for salmon for my main meal, but found it very salty. The ice cream sundae for dessert was excellent though. My fellow diners (2) enjoyed their meals immensely although the chicken salad would have been better described as chicken with tons of lettuce.
I was a little disappointed this time, that's why I didn't put excellent, but I would certainly revisit if again I go to Krakow. I would now concur with another reviewer who recommended booking a table, something we had never had to do on 3 previous visits.

1  Thank AlaApl
Write a ReviewReviews (1,843)

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I'v been here twice, and both times it was delicious. The atmosphere is very country and mountain like, and I think the decoration is really nice. The food came really quickly, and the waiters were very attentive. Most of them spoke English nicely (:
Try the giant potato pancake with goullash! It is delicious!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I suggest you book as most get turned away without a booking. Friendly, polite & personal staff. Restaurant is furnished with lots of wood & over three floors plus an outside terrace facing an interesting fountain. Food was of a high standard & served quite quickly. The apple pie for dessert is a must if you have room. All in all a delightful restaurant with a water wheel in the cellar" highly recommended.

1  Thank SarahandMichael1993
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Very charming, but quite big and busy restaurant. But that doesn't mean that service was bad.
Our waitress was there all the time, making sure that we have everything we need.
A possibility to experience some of the Mountain style in Krakow, with typical music from Zakopane, and lot's of national dishes.
The food wa great and really cheap. Definetely we will come back.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

There's not much to be said here. This place is completely average, and doesn't shine or excel in any way. This is your standard Polish karczma, with waitstaff in regional dress, serving Polish staples with highlander music playing in the background. Service was slow, and the food was greasy (even by Polish food standards). I wouldn't complain if i were invited here, but i wouldn't go out of my way to visit a second time. You can do better if you're looking for traditional Polish food. The trout was awful.