“Best Polish food ever... Miammm!”
Review of Morskie Oko

Morskie Oko
Ranked #59 of 1,612 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: Polish
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 18, 2012

The restaurant has a wonderful traditional atmosphere with live music and traditional Polish decoration. You're eating on wooden tables, which also contributes to this feeling. The food is wonderful. My friend who studies in Krakow brought me to this place to let me taste the wonderful food, and I can say, I was impressed. She had the potato pancakes with mushroom sauce, which were delicious! I had the tradition 'mountain' dish, goulash on a potato pancake, and also tried the special cheese from the mountains as a starter, which was amazingly tasty.

The prices are very cheap, and the portions not only very tasty and made with love, but also quite big (I didn't get to finish my goulash... though I felt a big urge to take it with me :) )

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We ate here on our first night in the town, and the food was ok. The main problem with this restaurant is there was only one waitress. She was friendly, dressed in local dress, but due to the numerous people in the establishment the service was slow.
Over the next two nights we had better food and service for the same price.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Nice rustic mountain (gorali) decor. Below street level. One of the few Krakow restaurants to pay homage to Poland's mountain culture and food. And they do a good job with it. Just don't be fooled by the menu at the door (or at you table for that matter). The price is for your entree. Period! Nothing extra comes with it for the menu price. Bread? Extra! Potato? Extra! Vegetable? Extra! You get the point. if you order a pork cutlet, that's what you get, alone in your plate.
Service and food were good, but the price kept creeping up as we ordered. Be advised.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

we stumbled on this restaurant purely by accident! didnt look much from the outside, but a bar! once inside there was 3 floors of traditional Poland. we chose the ground floor, with its working water mill feature, open log fires, there was 2 violinists and a celloist playing and singing traditional songs, the waitresses were also dressed for the occasion. The food was simply perfect, ample quantity and superb quality, we had 2 drinks each for 5 people plus 3 courses and had change from £75. a perfect finish to our last evening in Krakow

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We found this restaurant whilst wandering around the old town and booked it there and then for that night.

It offers traditional Polish Food and entertainment.

The food was excellent, with very good service, friendly staff and very good prices.

A good place to take in the ambience of KRAKOW