“Krakow”

Komorowski Luxury Guest Rooms
Ranked #3 of 132 Krakow B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The staff was doing their best to make our stay unforgetable. They went out of their way to organize trips, drivers etc. They advised us of very good restaurants.They are in the process of getting more rooms, as there was only a few at the time.The only bad thing is that there was no lift in the complex.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Eeyore707
KomorowskiGuestRooms, Guest Relations Manager at Komorowski Luxury Guest Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience related to the lack of lift. Nevertheless, we are always happy to help our Guests with carrying their luggage if needed. What is more, the Komorowski Luxury Guest Rooms is located in a historic building protected by law and the conservationist does not allow to change anything in the building for the moment.

We are very happy that you appreciate our efforts to make your stay as great as possible. We also like the fact that you found our recommendations useful.

You are more than welcome to stay at the Komorowski in the future - just call or e-mail us to choose your dates.

Best regards from Krakow,

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Definitely will go back there- still cannot believe the service and room with jacuzzi :) Girls in reception kept an eye on our flight to assure that the driver arrives on time ( we landed early so I was wondering if we would need to wait for a car)- he was waiting for us in the airport half an hour ahead of time! Room was beautiful, location perfect- 10 minutes stroll to the castle.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Travel_Addict365

Dear Guests,

It is indeed a huge pleasure to host Guests like you and to read such reviews - Thank you!

We are very happy that you liked our service, which is of course tailored to our Guests' needs. We really do our best to ensure a perfect stay for anyone visiting the Komorowski. The more we are happy to learn that you liked it and plan to visit again.

Looking forward to seeing you,

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My friends and I stayed two nights as part of an Central European vacation. Our lodging was arranged through a travel service so we did not pick where we stayed. We were very pleasantly surprised by Krakow and thought it was a wonderful city. The staff at Komoroski Guest rooms were friendly, helpful and so very nice. They gave great restaurant recommendations a good map of the city along with directions. We especially like the personal touch the staff gave. Great bathrooms!

Room Tip: Our room was a little small for three people, but it did not in any way detract from our great exper...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your review.

We are glad that your Central European vacation was so great. We feel proud that we could be a part of it and contribute to your holidays being memorable.

We appreciate your kind words about our Staff - we are happy to help our Guests make the most of their stay in Krakow, so recommending you restaurants and organizing different trips is the least we can do.

Shall you visit Krakow again, just call or e-mail us. Be sure you will get our 'personal touch' again whenever you visit.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Me and my husband stayed at the Komorowski Guest rooms 8th -11 th June for our anniversary. This was also our first trip to Krakow, we were about 5 mins from the square which was full of restaurants and bars. I would highly recommend this accomodation, the room was big enough and the bathroom has the wow factor. Had to drag my husband out of the whirlpool bath to go sightseeing. The staff arranged our transfers to and from the airport and also our trip to Auschwitz, my husband also booked the romantic package as a suprise for me. We arrived back at the hotel to roses in a vase, petals scattered across the floor and in a heart shape on bed. The whirlpool bath was all ready full of bubbles and candlelit with wine and strawberries waiting for us. It was a memorable stay and even when our last day was rainy the staff were more than happy to point out place to go and see to keep dry. Thank you for a memorabe stay and we will definately return.

Room Tip: we paid for a luxury king size room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking time to write the review about Komorowski Luxury Guest Rooms. I am sure that other travellers will benefit from that.

We are very happy that we could contribute to organizing a perfect stay for you. You definitely deserved a nice romantic anniversary break. Please bear in mind that no occasion is also a good occasion to enjoy romantic getaway with your husband at the Komorowski.

We are looking forward to hosting you again.

Best regards from sunny Krakow,

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I arrived early evening at the Komorowski Luxury Guest Rooms. It is easy to miss the entrance from the street as it is surprisingly understated. However as you enter, you are soon greeted by an impressive a restored vaulted brick ceiling contrasted by very modern Glazed inner entrance doors and creative lighting design.

Clearly the Komorowski is a work in progress but I stress it is not a building site and on speaking with the owner later that day, it was clear they are enthusiastic about the project and have ambitious plans for this listed building but are proceeding cautiously so as to preserve the fabric of the building but also blend in the modern boutique concept sympathetically.

The result is the guest gains the best of the old and the functionality and comfort of the ultramodern. I cannot speak for everyone but for me it works beautifully.

I wasn’t sure whether the building has an operational lift (elevator for my American readers) this may be an issue for some people but I was not overly concerned. Given their helpful nature, I am in no doubt the staff would assist anyone with heavy bags.

I was impressed by the receptionists on duty throughout my stay. All were never less than friendly and polite, adopting just the right level of informality and always happy to help. I was welcomed warmly on arrival, offered a comfortable settee and refreshments; varying from Beer to soft drinks, coffee and tea. That was a nice touch.

The receptionist also asked me how my journey was and showed me to my room explaining the functions of the numerous remote controls and Jacuzzi.

My room was not overly large but because of the high ceilings and street facing window it was never claustrophobic and met my needs very well. The room was well appointed, having a Glass work area for a Laptop etc.; plenty of convenient power points (I forgot my UK adapter but this was remedied almost before I asked, provided with a smile from reception).

There is free wireless internet access throughout the building, (competitors take note) this is regarded as a given by travellers. It worked adequately for me throughout my stay.

My room benefitted from full air conditioning controlled by remote handset, a very comfortable low level double bed and an Ideally placed, recessed 40” LCD TV. There were a number of extras like Tea and Coffee making facilities, a selection of still and sparkling water as well as small stocked drinks cooler.

Although the room was on the second floor and was street facing, I was not overly disturbed by traffic noise; this is an old building with thick sound absorbing walls. I was disturbed once by what seemed to be half of Krakow’s emergency response vehicles screaming up the street in the early hours but that was unusual and extreme.

The bathroom was a “tour de force” Boutique and unashamedly so. The Jacuzzi bath proved a very pleasant distraction (candles were supplied too). The room was also complimented by a choice of High Quality European Branded bathroom products; a nice touch indeed.

The location of the Guest Rooms is at the top of Dulga 7 which is just a short 2 or 3 minutes level walk to Rynek Główny square, more commonly referred to as the Market Square. So is ideally placed for exploring the historic city centre and its surrounding parks.

There is no breakfast available at this time but with all the choice on your doorstep; you’d be mad not to get out and explore. Again the duty staff team were always happy to make recommendations and mark out routes on a map.

The Komorowski sets out to be a little different and in my view has succeeded, clearly it may not appeal to the traditionalist who enjoys the large established chains or old grandeur and that’s just fine. For me it has something different to offer but never losing sight of what a guest needs to feel and that is Welcome.

Some words of advice, when you brand something as Luxury you set the bar very high and the challenge is to keep raising it away from the competition to the benefit of the guests now and in the future.

I sincerely hope that the Komorowski continues to set itself higher and higher standards and looks to set the agenda for city centre accommodation going forward.;
Would I stay again, for sure I would; in fact I intend getting back to Krakow in September and if the Komorowski is available, I will be delighted to stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this long and wonderful review.
On behalf of myself and other Staff members I would like to thank you for your kind words.

We indeed would assist anyone with heavy bags (with lighter as well!) so nobody needs to worry about the lack of lift.

As you have already stated, we are very careful about changing anything in the building, to preserve its magical historic Krakow-like taste. Of course the comfort of our Guests is of great importance to us, this is why all of our rooms are very modern and have all of the amenities needed for unforgettable stay.

Once again thank you very much. We do hope to host you again in September!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

What a great place. Easy walk to town centre. Staff very helpful - car arranged to collect and return to airport, restaurant recommendations, how to use the trams. Nothing was too much trouble. Double jacuzzi bath plus walk in shower. Bath plug wouldn't work one evening. Mentioned it on way out to dinner. On return plug fixed and warm bubble bath awaited us in the room. Lovely touch. Teas and coffees provided free via room service. Bit of traffic noise from vehicles and trams but it is in the town centre and to us it added to the charm and feel of a buzzing place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
KomorowskiGuestRooms, Guest Relations Manager at Komorowski Luxury Guest Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking time to write this fantastic review, we really appreciate that.

The satisfaction of our Guests is always the priority for us, so we are happy to help you with literally anything you might need during your stay.

We are glad that you found our place brilliant and that we somehow contributed to the greatness of your city break in Krakow.

Shall you ever wish to visit Krakow again, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Pros
The location of the property is very good, withing 5 minutes walk to the market square. However, driving in can be a bit tricky. According to the navigation, the property is located on a limited access road. But it was no problem, as long as you watch out for the tram/public transport. The room is simple, yet classy. The air conditioning was strong.

The room (201) was a good size, but not too spacious. The jacuzzi tub in the bathroom is nice. The AC was great for an unusually warm day in May.

The young red-headed staff member was very helpful. We had conversations in English and German. She helped arrange a bicycle tour and recommended some restaurants. I was allowed to park my bicycle in the reception area on the first night and in my room on the second night because I was going to take it out for an early morning ride before reception opened. They were very accommodating with this request.

Cons:
The reception is on the 2nd floor (3rd American floor), but the staff is very willing to help bring up your luggage. The rooms facing the street are noisy at night. The seals on the windows are not good at all. When I mentioned it during check out, the staff member said next time I should ask for the upgraded rooms facing the inner courtyard. (That would have been nice to know when booking the room or when checking in.) The wifi signal strength in room 201 was weak. It was non-existent at times. All of my Skype calls had problems.

Room Tip: Ask for the upgraded rooms facing the inner courtyard, which are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
KomorowskiGuestRooms, Guest Relations Manager at Komorowski Luxury Guest Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive comments about Komorowski Luxury Guest Rooms. It is greatly appreciated.

We are glad that you found our location convenient and that you appreciate room facilities. We constantly improve our property to satisfy guests' needs in every detail possible.

As for the Staff, we are all very committed to helping our Guests, so we are very happy that you appreciate our multilingualism and helpfulness. It motivates us to further work.

Thank you once again and we hope to host you again in the near future.