“romantic anniversary break”

Komorowski Luxury Guest Rooms
Ranked #3 of 132 Krakow B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Me and my husband stayed at the Komorowski Guest rooms 8th -11 th June for our anniversary. This was also our first trip to Krakow, we were about 5 mins from the square which was full of restaurants and bars. I would highly recommend this accomodation, the room was big enough and the bathroom has the wow factor. Had to drag my husband out of the whirlpool bath to go sightseeing. The staff arranged our transfers to and from the airport and also our trip to Auschwitz, my husband also booked the romantic package as a suprise for me. We arrived back at the hotel to roses in a vase, petals scattered across the floor and in a heart shape on bed. The whirlpool bath was all ready full of bubbles and candlelit with wine and strawberries waiting for us. It was a memorable stay and even when our last day was rainy the staff were more than happy to point out place to go and see to keep dry. Thank you for a memorabe stay and we will definately return.

Room Tip: we paid for a luxury king size room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
KomorowskiGuestRooms, Guest Relations Manager at Komorowski Luxury Guest Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking time to write the review about Komorowski Luxury Guest Rooms. I am sure that other travellers will benefit from that.

We are very happy that we could contribute to organizing a perfect stay for you. You definitely deserved a nice romantic anniversary break. Please bear in mind that no occasion is also a good occasion to enjoy romantic getaway with your husband at the Komorowski.

We are looking forward to hosting you again.

Best regards from sunny Krakow,

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I arrived early evening at the Komorowski Luxury Guest Rooms. It is easy to miss the entrance from the street as it is surprisingly understated. However as you enter, you are soon greeted by an impressive a restored vaulted brick ceiling contrasted by very modern Glazed inner entrance doors and creative lighting design.

Clearly the Komorowski is a work in progress but I stress it is not a building site and on speaking with the owner later that day, it was clear they are enthusiastic about the project and have ambitious plans for this listed building but are proceeding cautiously so as to preserve the fabric of the building but also blend in the modern boutique concept sympathetically.

The result is the guest gains the best of the old and the functionality and comfort of the ultramodern. I cannot speak for everyone but for me it works beautifully.

I wasn’t sure whether the building has an operational lift (elevator for my American readers) this may be an issue for some people but I was not overly concerned. Given their helpful nature, I am in no doubt the staff would assist anyone with heavy bags.

I was impressed by the receptionists on duty throughout my stay. All were never less than friendly and polite, adopting just the right level of informality and always happy to help. I was welcomed warmly on arrival, offered a comfortable settee and refreshments; varying from Beer to soft drinks, coffee and tea. That was a nice touch.

The receptionist also asked me how my journey was and showed me to my room explaining the functions of the numerous remote controls and Jacuzzi.

My room was not overly large but because of the high ceilings and street facing window it was never claustrophobic and met my needs very well. The room was well appointed, having a Glass work area for a Laptop etc.; plenty of convenient power points (I forgot my UK adapter but this was remedied almost before I asked, provided with a smile from reception).

There is free wireless internet access throughout the building, (competitors take note) this is regarded as a given by travellers. It worked adequately for me throughout my stay.

My room benefitted from full air conditioning controlled by remote handset, a very comfortable low level double bed and an Ideally placed, recessed 40” LCD TV. There were a number of extras like Tea and Coffee making facilities, a selection of still and sparkling water as well as small stocked drinks cooler.

Although the room was on the second floor and was street facing, I was not overly disturbed by traffic noise; this is an old building with thick sound absorbing walls. I was disturbed once by what seemed to be half of Krakow’s emergency response vehicles screaming up the street in the early hours but that was unusual and extreme.

The bathroom was a “tour de force” Boutique and unashamedly so. The Jacuzzi bath proved a very pleasant distraction (candles were supplied too). The room was also complimented by a choice of High Quality European Branded bathroom products; a nice touch indeed.

The location of the Guest Rooms is at the top of Dulga 7 which is just a short 2 or 3 minutes level walk to Rynek Główny square, more commonly referred to as the Market Square. So is ideally placed for exploring the historic city centre and its surrounding parks.

There is no breakfast available at this time but with all the choice on your doorstep; you’d be mad not to get out and explore. Again the duty staff team were always happy to make recommendations and mark out routes on a map.

The Komorowski sets out to be a little different and in my view has succeeded, clearly it may not appeal to the traditionalist who enjoys the large established chains or old grandeur and that’s just fine. For me it has something different to offer but never losing sight of what a guest needs to feel and that is Welcome.

Some words of advice, when you brand something as Luxury you set the bar very high and the challenge is to keep raising it away from the competition to the benefit of the guests now and in the future.

I sincerely hope that the Komorowski continues to set itself higher and higher standards and looks to set the agenda for city centre accommodation going forward.;
Would I stay again, for sure I would; in fact I intend getting back to Krakow in September and if the Komorowski is available, I will be delighted to stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this long and wonderful review.
On behalf of myself and other Staff members I would like to thank you for your kind words.

We indeed would assist anyone with heavy bags (with lighter as well!) so nobody needs to worry about the lack of lift.

As you have already stated, we are very careful about changing anything in the building, to preserve its magical historic Krakow-like taste. Of course the comfort of our Guests is of great importance to us, this is why all of our rooms are very modern and have all of the amenities needed for unforgettable stay.

Once again thank you very much. We do hope to host you again in September!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

What a great place. Easy walk to town centre. Staff very helpful - car arranged to collect and return to airport, restaurant recommendations, how to use the trams. Nothing was too much trouble. Double jacuzzi bath plus walk in shower. Bath plug wouldn't work one evening. Mentioned it on way out to dinner. On return plug fixed and warm bubble bath awaited us in the room. Lovely touch. Teas and coffees provided free via room service. Bit of traffic noise from vehicles and trams but it is in the town centre and to us it added to the charm and feel of a buzzing place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
KomorowskiGuestRooms, Guest Relations Manager at Komorowski Luxury Guest Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking time to write this fantastic review, we really appreciate that.

The satisfaction of our Guests is always the priority for us, so we are happy to help you with literally anything you might need during your stay.

We are glad that you found our place brilliant and that we somehow contributed to the greatness of your city break in Krakow.

Shall you ever wish to visit Krakow again, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Pros
The location of the property is very good, withing 5 minutes walk to the market square. However, driving in can be a bit tricky. According to the navigation, the property is located on a limited access road. But it was no problem, as long as you watch out for the tram/public transport. The room is simple, yet classy. The air conditioning was strong.

The room (201) was a good size, but not too spacious. The jacuzzi tub in the bathroom is nice. The AC was great for an unusually warm day in May.

The young red-headed staff member was very helpful. We had conversations in English and German. She helped arrange a bicycle tour and recommended some restaurants. I was allowed to park my bicycle in the reception area on the first night and in my room on the second night because I was going to take it out for an early morning ride before reception opened. They were very accommodating with this request.

Cons:
The reception is on the 2nd floor (3rd American floor), but the staff is very willing to help bring up your luggage. The rooms facing the street are noisy at night. The seals on the windows are not good at all. When I mentioned it during check out, the staff member said next time I should ask for the upgraded rooms facing the inner courtyard. (That would have been nice to know when booking the room or when checking in.) The wifi signal strength in room 201 was weak. It was non-existent at times. All of my Skype calls had problems.

Room Tip: Ask for the upgraded rooms facing the inner courtyard, which are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
KomorowskiGuestRooms, Guest Relations Manager at Komorowski Luxury Guest Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive comments about Komorowski Luxury Guest Rooms. It is greatly appreciated.

We are glad that you found our location convenient and that you appreciate room facilities. We constantly improve our property to satisfy guests' needs in every detail possible.

As for the Staff, we are all very committed to helping our Guests, so we are very happy that you appreciate our multilingualism and helpfulness. It motivates us to further work.

Thank you once again and we hope to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

The holiday was booked as a birthday treat for my boyfriend and it was also our first holiday abroad together. I had emailed the hotel before we arrived informing the hotel this and had asked if a bottle of champaign could be delivered to the room once we had returned from our evening meal. Since we were on a budget I could only afford to splash out on the bottle of champaign and not purchase one of the packages. To my surpise I was informed that since it was a birthday surprise for my boyfriend they would free of charge prepare the jacuzzi, spread rose petals around the room and also provide us with fruit. This was amazing for us both.

We had arranged with the hotel a pick up and drop off at the airport. We were meet instantly and taken straight to the hotel. I would recommend this service if you have never been to this area.

On arrival at the hotel we were met by a lovely helpful lady and were given detailed information on to how get around and she also booked our day trips. The room itself was stylish, cosy and very warm especially for November, but the A/C cooled us down. The Jacuzzi was excellent and even light up. There was also a massive TV in the bathroom, so you could relax in the jacuzzi watching tv.

The hotel is situated in a very convenient location and only a few minutes walk to the town square. The town square is very impressive.

Overall the hotel was amazing and the staff were amazing as well. I have never met staff so happy and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HMOR_13
KomorowskiGuestRooms, Guest Relations Manager at Komorowski Luxury Guest Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking time to write such a great (and long!;) review - it is greatly appreciated. We would like to take this opportunity and thank you once again for choosing us.
Please feel welcome to come anytime in the future - we will be delighted to host you again.

Many happy travels,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My bf booked appartment for my bday suprice. Girl who checked us in was great, so nice, charmin young lady. Even when she was busy as at same time 3 coupules arrived she knew exactly how to make us wait in happiness. She made us coffe while we were waiting and appologized in very nice way, profesionnal in every details. The room was different but very nice. It was one of best places i stayed. Jacuzzi was amazing with tv. We had problem with channels as sometimes is was no connection. But the best happened in evening when we back from restaurant. Room was fully made with roses leafs everywhere, jacuzzi with bubbles was made specially for us. There was bothle of very good champagne and strawberries. It was unforgetable experience:D

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,

I am more than happy to hear that your stay was un unforgettable experience, as this is the main aim of our work - creating wonderful stays in one of the most beautiful Polish cities.

We are also glad that you described Komorowski Luxury Guest Rooms as one of the best places you stayed in - it made our day!

We will do our best to maintain high quality service we offer and we hope that you will choose Komorowski Luxury Guest Rooms for your next stay in Krakow.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The adds for this place are false. It is not a lux apartment. It is a slap happy make believe. The Room was an oven and the A/C did not work. The wifi did not work. The security door did not work. We had to sleep with the window open because it was so hot inside. The noise woke us continually, even with the win closed the noise was shocking. The price is totally a rip off. To many problems to report. STAY AWAY! Lost good money.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anthony S

Dear Guest,

To begin with I would like to thank you for taking time to share your opinion about our Aparthotel. It is of great value as it helps us to improve our service.

We are extremely sorry to hear that our Aparthotel did not stand up to your expectations. Let me please apologize for the inconveniences which occurred due to broken air conditioning in the room. I would like to assure you, that your remarks have already been forwarded to our Maintenance Manager, who will address the problem and prevent such problem to occur in the future.

With regard to the noise, I am very sorry that you had problems with sleeping; however, unfortunately one needs to bear in mind that choosing hotel in the city centre does involve certain amounts of noise no one has control over. We have installed double-glazed windows to eliminate such problem in the future. Also, we offer earplugs for light-sleepers.

I do hope that your first visit did not discourage you from visiting us in the future. Shall you decide to visit us again we will double our efforts to make sure that you get to know the high quality of our services and accommodation.

Once again please accept our sincere apologies. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we may be of any assistance to you.

Kind regards,