“Great value for money”

Ranked #5 of 1,599 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: Polish
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Polish restaurant and vodka bar
Reviewed April 29, 2014

lovely attentive staff - food well presented with very reasonable prices - we ate there two out of three nights.

1  Thank Annie G
There are newer reviews for Restauracja Starka

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We ate here on the 21st April and had a truly fantastic meal. I'd made a reservation prior to traveling to Krakow and this went without a hitch.
Having read reviews and viewing the web site as well as being a complete saddo, I knew what I was going to order before I even walked through the door.
I had wild boar sausage to start which was rich and meaty, my wife had the Pierogi which sent her into raptures if ecstasy, trying them, I'd agree, they were ace.
For mains I had the pork knuckle which was a porky, crispy meatfest and I enjoyed every bite, the accompaniments were also delish! My wife had the salmon, which again she thought was outstanding. We both had deserts which unfortunately didn't match up to the previous 2 courses, a dryish cheesecake and a still frozen nougat & walnut cake. All that with a very nice bottle of white, numerous free shots of the homemade vodka and the total bill was £36 / 161PLN. If you go to Krakow, go to Starka!!!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Having read other reviews before travelling, I was looking forward to visiting this restaurant to sample some Polish cuisine. Unfortunately when we arrived in the evening, it was fully booked and we were turned away. Not to be beaten a second time, we asked the hotel to make a reservation for us the next night and were glad we had done so, as when we arrived the next night, every table had was again reserved.

It's only a small restaurant but the atmosphere is lovely and relaxed and the service is attentive but not over-intrusive.

We ordered the grilled wild boar sausage and sautéed wild forest mushrooms to start and both dishes were well presented and tasty. For mains, we opted for the boneless pork knuckle and
pork sirloin stuffed with plum and wrapped with bacon. My partner opted for the large version of the pork knuckle which was enormous and too much for one person but which I'm reliably informed was terrific! The pork sirloin was delicious and the combination of flavours was excellent.

A bottle of house wine came in at a very reasonable £11 and the complimentary hazelnut vodka shot was so good, we had to order ourselves another!

Given that this is considered one of the higher-end places to eat in Krakow, the bill came to little more than £40 including drinks which we felt was exceptional value for the quality of food on offer.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I organised a night out in Starka to celebrate my parents 40th wedding anniversary, my husband's 50th birthday and our 10th anniversary. Joanna organised everything with me via email. On the evening Monica made us feel so welcome, she was totally attentive.

The food was amazing, the vodka incredible - especially the horseradish strangely enough.....and the price was fair.

They made a special cake for the occassion.

Atmosphere was wonderful. A great night out!

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stumbled upon Starka by coincidence one evening, walking around Krakow's Jewish quarter. We later found out it scores really high on TripAdvisor, and rightly so. Food is great (have the pork knuckle - nuff said!) and the chef's vodka shots are spot on. The people ho run Starka are all great - so much so that we ended up going back for a second meal two days later.

1  Thank viragodyl