“N°1? Maybe not, but still great”
Review of Restauracja Starka

Restauracja Starka
Ranked #5 of 1,612 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: Polish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Polish restaurant and vodka bar
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We went last night to this restaurant after it being fully booked the night before.
Is it the best meal I've ever had?
Was it a damn fine meal and probably the best value I've ever had?
I had the lard with bread as a starter. I'm going to admit I only ordered this knowing I wouldn't eat much but thought "whilst in Poland...."
It was lovely. And the pickled cucumber really worked with it.
My partner had the perogies and loved them.
For mains I had boneless rib and she had boneless knuckle. She got the smaller size version of her meal but it was BIG.
I'm not one for big meals. I prefer quality over quantity, but Starka has both. My only complaint of the night was that my potatoes weren't quite hot enough. I'm being picky there.

Recommended.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I agree to the high rank though maybe not to be the very first. There are other restaurants as good ( this is more of a bar) , not to give the reader too high expectations. The food is brilliant, of high quality and served with intelligent choices of sides.
A good sign is if you want to come back and that is what I am going to.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Last sunday I've eaten in this special restaurant. I didn't think about tripadvisor, so I went without knowing that inside there was a tripadvisor plate.
The Zupa z Grzybow Lesnych (forest mushroom soup) was excellent, the Golonka (boneless pork knuckle) and zurek too. Dulcis in fundo Szarlotka (apple pie) was very special.
What can I say? If you are in Krakov (Kazimierz) GO!!!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Visited Starka on our last night in Krakow and was blown away. Really excellent food and vodka, was also supplied more vodka for free when the bill came. This bill was stupidly cheap. Only regret was we didn't go on an earlier night so we could have gone back. Recommend the Goulash!

1  Thank rik_t81
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Booked from UK as advised by other reviewers, as my other half's birthday. Food was stunning and the homemade vodka also very good. Will definitely be visiting again next time we visit Krakow. (Mouth watering thinking about the meal - yum!)