“Excellent local restaurant”

Ranked #7 of 1,638 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: Polish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Polish restaurant and vodka bar
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Very nice local restaurant with Polish cuisine. I do recommend to come here and try, actually everything I have tried here good or very good. The prices are not high, price/quality ratio is very positive!!! Going to try desert...

1  Thank Vereshchagin

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Great time here waiter very friendly, handy for our hotel went twice first night was the best, on a Sunday, went again on Monday not so nice.Homemade flavored vodka shots were amazing. Especially pear, raspberry and hazlenut

Reviewed February 3, 2013

2012. The summer of delicius food and drinks. Can you ask for more when you'r enjoy a galonka or a nice tasting pate. Starka is also a very good family place.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Ate here on our second night in Krakow, based on the rating on TripAdvisor, and we were not disappointed. I had a duck dish, with red cabbage which was delicious (the waitress advised me to order the additional side order of mash potato, and I was glad I did). My other half had the pork knuckle, which was also lovely. We were advised to order appetisers as the pork knuckle takes some time to prepare, however we decided not to as we were eating on a budget, and were pleasantly surprised when they provided us with some fresh bread to tide us over. The desserts were also yummy, and the staff were attentive and polite. We loved the free homemade vodka shots which came with the bill! The restaurant was very quiet when we visited, but it was still a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. Excellent value for money and could not recommend more highly.

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

We were very much looking forward to our last meal in Poland at Starka. It came very highly recommended from some of the people we met.

Unfortunately the food wasn't up to their usual standards tonight I think. I'll chalk it up to the head chef not working tonight (just a guess). My steak was cooked well done when I asked for medium rare and the rabbit was quite dry as well. Our friends salad looked very good however.

I'll end on a high note though. The atmosphere was fantastic. Staff friendly and the homemade vodka was a treat.

It's worth a visit. Every night can't be perfect.