“Big mistake”

Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Krakow
Ranked #30 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed May 13, 2013

It's quite expensive for that kind of hotel. Very loud, located at busy avenue. It's pretty close to Wawel castle but you must walk along this avenue. No mini bar, just kind of mini market located at the reception. We booked king size bed but got queen. No apologize and 6 months (!) later go 10 USD back to my bank account, after many e-mails. The only thing we enjoyed was the breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gringo30
dorota_smagur, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Guest

thank you very much for the comments. I am sorry you were disappointed with our hotel and our service . I also appologize that you have stayed in different kind of room then you have booked and as it looks from the comment you didnt receive appology from us which should not happen. We take all the suggestions seriously as they help us to improve our services.
I will try to check what happened when you stayed with us - June 2012 so we can avoid this kind of situation in future.
As far as mini bar is concerned in all Hilton Garden Inns we do not have them at all - we have always the small shop Pavilion Pantry where guest can buy food and beverage items, souvenirs etc. This is the brand standard and we are not able to change it.

Thank you for good comment regarding breakfast - we pay attention to keep it on high level.

If you decide to visit us again it will be pleasure for us.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The staff are really helpful and the position of where the hotel to the town center is really good. It has excellent staff who are always helping customer to reach there goals. It seems to me that the airport is really close for quick in and out trips, making this one of the best hotels in Krakow to stay in.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Steve C
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went on a city break to Krakow from 29th April to 1st May for our 3rd anniversary. We picked this hotel after seeing the reviews on tripadvisor and booked it from the Hilton website.

The hotel was beautiful. The rooms were immaculate and the reception staff (especially the girl trainee) were always very friendly and helpful.

Some of the photos of the view on the hotel website were misleading. We thought we would have direct views of Wawel castle but there was an old multi storey car park and busy motorway right outside the hotel and way beyond in the distance you could see Wawel castle.

We ate in the hotel restaurant on the first night and we thought the restaurant was very overpriced. The staff member got my boyfriends order wrong and he had to wait around 15 mins for his correct order to be served and even then it was average.

The bar is very expensive also. We ordered two cocktails and it cost us 55 Zlotys. Would definitely recommend going out instead of dining/drinking in the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank RebeccaEdinburgh

Dear Rebecca

thank you very much for choosing our property for city break vacation in Krakow. We appreciate all teh comments regarding property itself and first of all regarding our services. We take it seriously as they help us to improve daily work . I am sorry you were not satisfied with out food and beverage . We will take immediate action to check what has happend and why your order was not taken as it should be. I would appreciate if you could describe the issue more precisely on private email gastronomia@hgi-krakow.pl.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We booked a three night break in Krakow through Crystal Travel. The break included B&B at the Hilton Garden Inn, Ryan Air flights and a day tour of Auschwitz & Birkenau. The hotel is a little way out of the main area of town, but is well served by trams (a five minute walk will take you to the tram / bus stop), so this wasn't really a problem. Although the area that the hotel is in doesn't perhaps look the most attractive and is on dual carriage way it is also very quiet and the view of the castle from the front of the hotel is a bit of a bonus. The rooms, as you would expect of Hilton are warm, clean and well appointed. Staff throughout were friendly and professional. The breakfast buffet was lovely, very varied and plentiful - despite the cheeky residents who took enough in their bags to cover lunch! Krakow itself is a lovely city, with plenty to see and do. There is a spirit and soul in the city that is laid back and welcoming, whilst still being reserved. The main square is a beautiful place to spend a sunny day and warm evening. I would really recommend the city for a short break - affordable, and fun with a varied history that makes this city what it is.
The Auschwitz / Birkenau tour was through Gray Line and was fine, although there was confusion / delay at the pickup meaning that we were half an hour late setting off. However Gray line had organised the entrance fees and guide so that when we did arrive we could just go straight ahead. I couldn't say the tour was enjoyable, but the guide was very knowledgeable and we were able to gain some insight into the conditions at the camps. Very moving.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have views of the castle.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank katehSheffield
dorota_smagur, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Guest

thank you very much for choosing us for your city break. I am very pleased you enjoyed the stay in Krakow as its unforgettable place and also in our hotel. Thank you for the comment about our professional staff - I will pass it to our team . I will also say special thank you to our chef for the breakfast.
I hope when you are visiting Krakow next time you stay again with us.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We visited this hotel for my husband's 50th Birthday. I had booked a King Evolution Suite as a surprise. He was very surprised and thought the room was fantastic, the bed is amazing you can adjust the comfort of your bed by a dial on the side of the bed. The hotel is a 15-20 minute walk from the main square but this was a very pleasant walk in the morning or evening. When we arrived at 10am in the morning our room was not available but the hotel stored our luggage and provided us with some maps of the city. We then did some sightseeing and arrived back about 1.30pm and our room was then ready. The hotel put some cake in the room on our first evening for my husband's birthday was the day we arrived. The next morning at breakfast my husband was presented with more cake for his birthday. Breakfast was amazing, lots of variety, cereals, fruit, omelette's made to order, a waffle machine, lots of nice ham and cheese. The staff were all very helpful and very friendly and couldn't do enough for our every need. We had a fantastic stay and are already planning our visit next year. We cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Wawel Castle as this looks over the river too. There is a busy road...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lubinab
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I had a few special requests, it was very important moment of my life, lovely trip with my girlfriend, her first visit of Poland, my 30th birthday, and some "secret private occasion". So i asked Hilton to help me to arrange everything just the best.

Monika Bajon, Koordynator ds Rezerwacji where so kind to help me with everything, great flowers where chosen (i've selected them by photos with useful recommendations), early check-in was arranged, free upgrade with my Gold Hhonors card, cozy room exactly as i requested (high floor, out of elevator). All staff was prepared (i don't know how it is possible with such amount of clients, just amazing) and when we've arrived – i just went from the room for a second (until my girlfriend where in bathroom) and took that perfect bouquet at reception (they where ready exactly minute in minute as we have discussed the "scenario")
Great surprise!

This stay in Krakow Hilton was perfect prelude to the main "occasion" in Hilton Gdansk next day.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH HILTON.

P.S Was pleased with warm words afterwards from Hubert Niznik, Front Office Manager with congratulations with my "special time in life".

Summary:

-Breakfast is just great (to be honest even better than in 5* Hilton Gdansk for our opinion)
-Location is convenient (easy to get everything by walking), 15-20pln from PKP by TAXI
-Nice, clean, cozy rooms
-Try special hilton burger at Globe bar at the ground floor, cocktails are also great.
-Hhonors gold member card works great: free upgrade+free breakfast+early check-in+late check-out (2pm)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KonovalovViktor

Dear Mr Konovalov,

Thank you very much choosing us to stay on your big day . I am very proud that our team - especially Monika nad Hubert helped you to made it so great and once again we would like to wish you all the best. Believe me its honor for us to share so important moments of our guests life.
Thank you for sharing your comments about amazing stay and best service ever as we work on improving our services all the time .
I hope we will see you again in Krakow.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was very satisfy with services at Hilton hotel. Especcialy I really like climatization at room, because it important for a hot days. I can't say anything bad for my staying at hotel. thank you for your service and taking care of your customers :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business