“Disappointing experience” 2 of 5 bubbles

and up
Wieliczka Salt Mine from Krakow
Ranked #11 of 75 Transportation in Krakow
More attraction details
Owner description: Cracow City Tours - young, energetic tour company from Cracow, professional attitude and excellent value for low prices. Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum, Salt Mine in Wieliczka, Cracow Old Town Sightseeing, Nowa Huta, Zakopane, Dunajec, Częstochowa and many more. The meeting point located in the city centre and easy to be found. No hotel pick-up as we don’t intend to torture you going around the town and collecting people from other hotels. Groups can expect individual treatment.
Brisbane, Australia
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 171 helpful votes
“Disappointing experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

I think this company was having a bad day when I visited.

The guide that was booked to take our group had an incident on their way to meet us and didn't turn up. When I phoned the office 10 minutes after meeting time, they said 'keep waiting, and if no one is there in 5 more minutes, ring back'. 10 minutes after that someone from the office showed up and offered us a coffee while they sorted things out. That took a further 30 minutes.

The guide that then arrived was good, but not great. By the time we finished the tour it was dark and cold, and half of the group departed before the tour was done.

1 Thank kiwi089
TomKrak, Owner at Cracow City Tours, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Hello,
Regarding to your opinion on Trip Advisor from November 29th, we have never heard about what happend to you. I am afraid you must have taken a tour with a different company.
In order to find out what happened that day, we need you to give us more details like: exact date and time of the tour, meeting point and the cost of your ticket. Maybe you still have it?
The information I asked you for would be very helpful to get to know if your complaints are justified.

I look forward to hearing from you.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Hello everybody :)
I had this pleasure to visit Salt Mine with Cracow City Tours. The guide was awsome! He`s name is Sebastian. During our almost 3h of tour he was so funny so im promise that you wouldn`t be bored. He told us many stories what was quite interesting. And what is also important they are cheep so no worries you will not lose your money!

Hi Cnotek,

still Salt Mines with Sebastian is the best:) well, who can better and with such a sense of humor show the real beauty of this place.
Thank you for your comment and recommendation to other travellres.

regards,
3 attraction reviews
“The best Salt Mine tour ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

The best of the best, totally professional company with the best salt mine guide Sebastian in whole Krakow defo! This guy is a fountain of knowladge and also he is so funny! he made our trip interesting even after 3 h of walking under the ground! Guys you have to seee Salt Mine, I almost jump into the lake over there, so exciting haha :D

A very big adventage is free time inside, you dont have to stick all the time with whole group, you have time for shopping and even maybe for short football game under the ground on sportsfield, brilliant!

Cheeers Cracow City Tours

Hi flowtation,

the king of Salt Mines thanks you for sucha good rewiev. King is pleased that you've enjoyed his tour and would like you to go for some other our tours:)

Best regards, Tom
Krakow, Poland
“I really recommend to everybody!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

I was with CCT in Salt Mine during my stay in Cracow 2 weeks ago.
It was really good and well-organised trip. I wasn't bored cause a guide - Sebastian, was quite funny as well so it was nice to listen him.
I would really recommend trips which this company organise cause they offer everything what a tourist need in sightseeing - lesson of history and good fun as well ;)
Thanks guys,
cheers :))

Hi Dominika P.

Sebastian and me, we are very greatful for your rewiev:) Is there anything more to say, your words are the best proof of how good the tour with Sebastian really is:)

Hugs,
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“kate;)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

awesome tour! I thought we'll just walk and listen to the boring details but fortunately I was very surprised;) Sebastian is a great and very funny guide who can tell so interesting, that we all listen to him (even rude guys stop talking;)) he is a very nice and polite. can I think to answer any questions about salt mine;)
...and Salt mine! is an amazing and wonderfull place! If you will be in Poland you must to visit this place, and of course with Cracow city tour;)
I recommend!

Hi Kate:)

thank you for your rewiev:) You know how to make Sebastian happy with just a few words:D

See you on next Cracow City Tours' trip