“Burger Bar Identity Crisis”
Review of Grill Garaz

Grill Garaz
Ranked #1,528 of 1,983 Restaurants in Krakow
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was really excited when stumbling upon this restaurant and had high hopes, but I really feel like it's a restaurant with good potential in the middle of an identity crisis. The overall feel of the place is a bit rugged and you get excited over the fact that there is the front of an old VM Beetle in front of the restaurant where they cook the food. It's got a cool vibe but absolutely terribly service and the food does not match the vibe.

First, the girl at the register was far too busy chatting with her friend to offer any assistance. I'm not really sure she knew what was going on but later we were told it was only her second day. Perhaps that should be her last day.

We took a seat and watched our burger and something else being grilled on the hood of the car. That something else was supposed to be a sausage but it didn't look like a sausage so we inquired....nope, not a sausage. They were cooking the wrong thing for our meal. So they grabbed a sausage and put it on the grill instead.

When the burger was served it had definitely been overcooked. Also, it wasn't a greasy burger served with gooey cheese and on a toasted bun as you'd expect...it was a burger served with some sort of sheep cheese on a bed of arugula and with some sort of flatbread as the bun. It was as though they were trying to serve a fancy burger in a grungy burger bar. My advice, skip the fancy and just serve a good, juicy burger!

My sausage was finally ready and was tasty but certainly had been left for too long on the first and was a bit charred on one side.

When we were nearly finished with our meal we had realized that we had never received the fries that we had ordered so we inquired about those as well. We offered to just trade them in for another beer, but they insisted on getting us the fries and also offered us another beer. Nice.

The fries came out and we quickly realized that they had taken a bath in seasoning salt. I mean, think churro fries but instead of a good coating of cinnamon and sugar, it was covered in salt. (see photo) They were not edible whatsoever.

I really had to leave such a glaring review but this place has a lot of potential if they could change a few things up and serve up delicious grilled food instead of trying to be fancy. Until then, I would not recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: April 2019