TripAdvisor
Search

“Coeliacs Paradise”

Restauracja Pod Zlotym Karpiem
Ranked #8 of 2,109 Restaurants in Krakow
Description: The restaurant that puts the regional products first. Specially selected recipes let enjoy a great number of specialities. Thanks to convenient location you will feel the atmosphere of Krakow. Here, tradition coincides with contemporary.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is awesome. You get free bread as a starter (gluten free as well if you are coeliac) and the meals are divine. I highly recommend visiting this restaurant by the beautiful town square.

Date of visit: September 2019
CracowConcerts, Kierownik at Restauracja Pod Zlotym Karpiem, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your recommendation!

Write a reviewReviews (319)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had a delicious meal, received excellent service including great recommendations from the servers and was seated immediately as a solo diner without a reservation. The server recommended the duck pierogi, which was delicious as a starter and not as filling as I feared because of the thinner skin. For the main course, I had the carp which came pan fried in butter with a puréed green apple sauce - a perfect complement to offset the slight muddiness that fresh water fish naturally have. It came with a salad composed of shaved veggies arranged in coils around the fish. It was composed of carrots, radishes, squash and cucumber, garnished with pea shoots, dill and pansies. I would have liked a little acidity with the veggies to balance the full flavored fish. I finished the meal with local cheesecake with cherries. A delightful meal over all. I recommend it highly.

Date of visit: September 2019
CracowConcerts, Owner at Restauracja Pod Zlotym Karpiem, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your recommendation! We hope to see you soon again ;)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have had some brilliant meals in Krakow, but we came back here on our way home from travelling the country. It's quite simply magnificent.

Food, wine, service, price - it's a full house of excellence.

The presentation of the food is inventive. It tastes great and looks gorgeous.

I would fly out to Krakow just to eat here again.

1  Thank Alextraveller60
CracowConcerts, Manager at Restauracja Pod Zlotym Karpiem, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you! We are glad that you like it and hope to see you soon! :)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went to this establishment to collect the free wine promised to us at the Royal Chamber Orchestra concert. That was served as a miniscule 8 cl drop but as it was quite drinkable we decided to check Tripadvisor on the fly and were surprised to find quite positive reviews. We adjusted our expectations accordingly and ordered salads along with additional wine and beer. The second glass of wine was still wet only at the bottom but the beer luckily quenched my thirst. The salmon in the salad was very good and good salmon is often not easy to find in middle or southern Europe. We consider ourselves as northeners to be sort of salmon experts as we eat it more often than potatoes. As this restaurant is located in a inner yard, it would be difficult to find; sans the smell of free wine.

Date of visit: September 2019
CracowConcerts, Manager at Restauracja Pod Zlotym Karpiem, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the review!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Once again TA hits the bullseye with currently tanking this little gem number 5 overall in Krakow. As previously described it’s on the corner of the the old town square, and once you find the restaurant umbrellas out front, turn left down the alley and it’s a ways back on the right.

We settled in with a local lager and a Prosecco while we waited for the two different pirogue appetizers, meat filled and the cheese and potato filled. Eight to an order, the meat filled were soft with a very tasty delicately spiced ground meat filing that had me wondering what type(s) of meat were in the filling since it wasn’t obvious. The potato and cheese were velvety textured and also delicately but differently spiced. While we waited for our entrees, our waiter brought a small bread sampler with at least five different small types of bread and some soft butter.

Soon our entrees arrived and we were not disappointed. I had the duck breast with a beet purée and my wife had the pork tenderloin with a zucchini based sauce/purée over parsnip and mushrooms. Both were excellent, with the pork being a little more generous than the duck, but for $12 USD for the duck, I most certainly wasn’t complaining. Both entrees were full of flavor and perfectly cooked.

We were both pretty stuffed, but I couldn’t resist the chocolate cake with raspberry sauce and whipped cream. OMG! This had to be the best dessert that I could remember eating with the cake a warm soft molten style with oodles of fresh whipped cream, fresh raspberries and blueberries and plenty of raspberry sauce. It was so good I thought the top of my head would come off!

The waiter then brought us a complimentary aperitif of an elderberry liqueur which we loved enough to ask him to show us the bottle so we could buy some to take home. I then asked about vodka and he told us about an herbal flavored upscale vodka that we decided to try as well.

What a nice meal in a wonderful place. And to top it off, we waddled out the door after paying the princely sum of $54 USD not counting a generous American style tip. A meal like this would have cost me well i’ve $100 USD before tip at home. We may have to go back again before we leave town, just to have more of that chocolate cake...Two thumbs up!

Date of visit: September 2019

Thank you very much that you wanted to spend your time writing this review! This means a lot to us. We are glad that you liked it!