“Lovely to be back at the Ventus Rosa apartments”

Ventus Rosa Apartments
Ranked #8 of 424 Specialty Lodging in Krakow
Wishaw, United Kingdom
“Lovely to be back at the Ventus Rosa apartments”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Having been delighted with my first stay at the Ventus Rosa apartments in February 2012, I was really pleased that there was an apartment available for my return visit to Krakow this September. The apartments are really comfortable and well-equipped and could not be more conveniently situated. What makes the apartments really special however is the staff: they are so very pleasant, courteous and helpful. I cannot recommend the apartments highly enough and will definitely stay there again when I next visit Krakow

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Chris0506

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
ripon uk
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had 2 apartments (2 berth) for 4 nights and would recommend anyone to stay here. We agree with the comments about Camilla - so helpful and kind. We had an issue with building noise - I think they are extending - but we were given an alternate room with no fuss or nonsense.
The location is superb, and easily walkable from the centre and railway station. Also handy for so many supermarkets that we lost count.

I fell and hurt my ankle in the town on our last day after checking out - but the other receptionist (sorry, forgot her name) allowed me to rest in one of the rooms until I felt well enough to go for some lunch with my family. I think that sums the place up - they care.

Room Tip: Quieter at the back - when the builders are not there. Street noise at the front.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
St Cyrus, Scotland
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I recently stayed in a two bedroom apartment at Ventus Rosa apartments in Krakow with my husband and eleven year old daughter for 3 nights during the last leg of our summer holiday. We arrived on a very early morning train from Prague and as we expected it would be afternoon before the apartment was ready. They kindly offered us a different room that would be ready earlier. They did mention at that time that it was on the third floor with no lift, which was ok for us, but some travellers might find it difficult climbing 3 flights of stairs with luggage.

Overall the apartment was comfortable and suited our needs. There were two spacious, light twin rooms and the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was also very modern and there was an abundance of complementary shampoos, shower gels and lotions. The kitchen had a small refrigerator and hob. Location-wise, the neighbourhood did not have much on offer, but it was only a ten minute walk to the old town square. It was a very quiet area, which was a plus for us.

The downsides for us were that the kitchen was a bit drab, with no windows or natural light. Also, it was very hot that week and there was no air conditioning. They did provide a fan in each bedroom but, because there were windows only in the bedrooms, it was hard to get a cross draft and sleeping was a bit uncomfortable. I haven't stayed in Krakow before so I don't have any real basis for comparison, but overall I think the hotel represented good value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend recently stayed at the apartments. When we arrived we were warmly greeted and given all the information we needed about the local area and tips on restaurants and places to see within the city. Our apartment was lovely; clean and well equipped. We also had a balcony which was great as we sat out in the mornings for our breakfast and at night when we returned to the apartment. The area is very safe and within walking distance to all the amenities. Staff organised trips to the Salt mines and to Auschwitz. I would highly recommend both trips. Overall we had a brilliant time and will definitely be returning to these apartments

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nicantss
wales
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Loved this place, my partner and I stayed for a week and everything was perfect. Staff are friendly and no one bothers you, just right for a peaceful holiday. Everything is perfect and the apartments are situated in an excellent spot within walking distance of the main square. We were also within walking distance of the Jewish quarter and although we had some wonderful meals in the restaurants around Krakow square, we would highly recommend that you try eating in the Jewish quarter as the restaurants there were fantastic. We paid about £60 for a 3 course meal for two, and drinks were included, 6 vodka's and cokes lol lol. We were also self catering and we found the local supermarkets very reasonable and the local bakeries were excellent, cakes that would make your eyes pop out lol lol. However, we did not intend to cook and eating out was so reasonable so we ate out at every possible opportunity. If you do prefer to cook, eggs were about 70 pence for 10. Cooked ham was about £2 for a very large joint, so very good value for money. Cigarettes about £ 2.50 for 20, a large bottle of vodka varies in price, bought a very good one for about £10 and it was excellent. Fruit is also very cheap.

The main square in Krakow has entertainment, market stalls and beggars. Look out for the elderly women who cries and asks you to help her, then asks for money. Also there is a young girl who carries her baby and asks for money, however, take a good look at her clothes and the babies clothing, all designer brands lol lol.

If there is one trip I would recommend it is the two main concentration camps, it is so humbling and to think that one human being could treat another in such ways is beyond belief. It is an experience I will never forget. However, be prepared for a lot of walking both around the camps and in and out of the buildings, if you have any walking difficulties, think twice before going on this trip as it is exhausting and would be difficult with those who had difficulty walking. We caught a train from Krakow train station and walked to the camp, it is a long walk, but if you are prepared to walk then you can do this trip for half the price of the tour operators. Catch the train from Krakow, then when you get off at the station, walk straight across the road, up the street in front of you and continue straight to the top of the street, cross the road and carry on until you reach the end of the road, turn left and the camp is on the right just a few yards up the road. Once in the camp go to the reception desk and they will ask you what language you want the tour guide to speak in, and then they will direct you. If you want to visit alone without a tour guide, you need to visit after 3 pm. Another trip is Schindler's factory and is also within walking distance, however, it is quite a long walk approximately 45 minutes to an hour or you can catch a train from Krakow railway station and once at the destination, it is a 5 minute walk. The factory is really a must see, there is also a cinema that you can sit in and get a better understanding of how the factory originated etc. Unfortunately we did not have enough time to see the salt mines but intend to visit the next time we are in Krakow. If you like churches then the churches in the Jewish quarter are a must see. Krakow also has a massive shopping complex and for those shopaholics this is a must see, cafes, restaurants and all sorts of shops, its the biggest I have ever seen.

The only thing that I found disappointing was that the hotel had agreed to provide us with a room with a balcony and we did not have a balcony, however, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay although a balcony would have added the finishing touch to a superb accommodation. Thank you to all the staff at the hotel for an unforgettable week in Krakow and your superb accommodation. We will be visiting again and we would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank WalesBlodwen
sligo, ireland
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed here with two friends for a week in August. Perfect location just outside the old town.Very comfortable, newly renovated clean apartments. Felt very safe staying here as it is opposite the Russian consulate which has 24 hour police protection outside!!
The staff were friendly, and very helpful, providing us with extra fans in the warm weather, and changing sheets and towels whenever we asked. Apartments are well furnshed with comfortable beds and all amenities - including a washing machine which was a great bonus.
I would definitly recommend these apartments to others.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony - lovely to sit out on and handy for drying clothes!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is an excellent place to stay. I chose these apartments based on reviews I have read. I was unsure when dropped outside, but it was brilliant. The staff at reception on arrival where great. They were very welcoming and couldn't be more helpful. We were early so she put the bags behind reception and gave us done tips on where to go. On return our bags were taken to the room.
The room was perfect, it had a washing machine, fridge, sink etc. including a safe. Staff on reception booked our trips and when it rained gave us an umbrella, all nice touches that made the place very welcoming. Hey have 2 bikes and we asked to use these and they were great. We used then and they were complimentary!!!! Amazing once more. This place is PERFECT and I would definitely go back!

• Stayed August 2013