“Fabulous rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 256 Hotels in Krakow
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Fabulous rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Don't let the rather uninspiring look of the hotel and small lobby put you off - the rooms are superb and I would say almost 5-star quality. Having so often been disappointed by hotel booking site descriptions and reviews, I only booked one night with the intention of extending if I liked it, but I had to leave next day because they were fully booked. The 3-star hotel I moved to had a similar good rating and price but is not in the same class. The breakfast I thought was only average for a 4-star hotel and not excellent as some other reviewers have said, and that is the only reason I have deducted a star.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OstiHotele, Front Office Manager at Kossak Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear spesbona,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hotel Kossak. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were impressed with our rooms. We welcome Guests and we know how important it is to build special memories.

I do hope to discuss breakfast quality issue to improve it in the near future.

We hope to welcome you back to Hotel Kossak in the near future.

Best Regards,
front office manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in August and enjoyed it very much there. Excellent location for Rynek, Wawel Castle, Kazimerz. Delicious and very varied breakfast (+ very efficient breakfast service). Quiet room with airconditioning. Excellent staff - I would like specially to praise Paulina and Monica at the front desk. They helped us with the parking payment after I messed it up by taking wrong ticket.
On the negative side I would mention the following. Room is not spacious (as was advertised) and smaller than one may expect for a superior grade rating. There is rather strange location of the shower inside the bathtub (in the middle of the long side and outside the protective wall).
Parking space in front of the hotel entrance is almost always occupied - may cause problems on check-in if you are coming in a car. Hotel parking is 1 min drive / 5 min walk away from the hotel.
On overall we liked the hotel and would definitely recommend it to anyone planning to come to Krakow. Thanks again to Paulina and Monica

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BobPK,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We're so glad you enjoyed our welcoming, genuine care and that you let us assist you with all your needs. We love to help out and make sure you are comfortable. I will share your kind words with the team especially to Monica and Paulina, they will be thrilled to hear this. I am really sorry that you found size of superior room dissapointed. I will be equally happy to give you a nice offer for a comfortable and spacious suite next time. I am pretty sure that you will enjoy it.

Please contact me directly to book your next stay and I will personally supervise your booking arrangements and ensure extra special attention is given to you.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

We needed to visit my nephew in Krakow so searched for a recommended hotel in a good location and found the Hotel Kossack a 4 star hotel close to the square. What a find! We booked two superior rooms with views of the Vistula and the historic Wawel Castle - definitely worth paying a bit more for. The hotel was fabulous, clean, first class. The staff were very helpful, friendly and absolutely professional and the standard of English excellent. The restaurant at the top of the hotel-which also served drinks- had one of the best views over Krakow both during the day and at night. The food was of very good standard and a very reasonable price. I would definitely return to the hotel and would recommend the superior rooms for the views alone. Don't be put of by the look of the hotel from the outside - it really is a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Definitely the superior rooms overlooking the Vistula
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear ydavidson2,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Kossak!
Thank you for all your nice comments about our hotel and our staff!
Our objective is to make your stay an unforgettable experience, and I am happy to see that your room with the view and the dining experience.
I am also glad that our staff members made you feel welcome.
We hope to welcome you back as a guest soon.

Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our 4 night stay. All the staff were friendly & helpful. Our room on 3rd floor faced the castle and was neat & clean. The hotel location is great for the Castle & also for pick up for the tours to the salt mine & auschwitz (both highly recommended). The walk to the Old Town Square is about 15 minutes. Breakfast was included and was more than adequate & the setting was comfortable. The rooftop restaurant was special and was the best view in town of the Castle & the river. We had a 6am departing flight & the staff packed us a boxed breakfast -very nice & thank you. We enjoyed the Pod Wawellem restaurant near the castle - local crowd, good food, large portions, live music, fun atmosphere.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BobnBarbFlorida
Dear BobnBarbFlorida,

I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Thanks for mentioning our amenities, our great location, and the friendly customer service that you received during you stay with us!
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights 6th - 8th September, the staff at the hotel were friendly and extremely helpful. This was our first visit to Krakow and on reading other reviews emailed the hotel in advance requesting a room on a high floor with views of the castle. I received a speedy response from Piotr Sobierajski advising he would do his best to accommodate us. On arrival Piotr was working on reception, he immediately recognised my name from the email and provided us with a great room on the 4th floor with amazing views. Piotr also gave us lots of information on places to visit and eat. I was very impressed with the room which was very clean, modern and fresh and the hotel in general, the views from the roof are amazing. The hotel is in a fantastic location and both the market square and the Jewish quarter can be reached on foot in about 10 minutes.

On day two of our stay we booked a trip to Auschwitz through the hotel, this again was excellent. The hotel staff provided us with all the information we required. We were collected from the hotel in an air conditioned minibus and were shown a video on route. The guide at Auschwitz was very knowledgable and the trip as a whole very well organised, I would definitely recommend booking this through the hotel having seen some of the other local tours whilst there which did not appear to be organised and looked rushed. The trip lasted 6hrs and was extremely good value for money at 130 zloty.

As a whole I cannot think of a bad word to say about the Hotel Kossak or the staff. I will definitely book this hotel again if I return to Krakow which I will hopefully do very soon. Thanks very much to all the staff in particular Piotr Sobierajski for a fantastic time.

Room Tip: Try and get a high floor with views of the river and castle.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paula W
Dear Paula W,

We are very happy that you considered the Kossak Hotel to be a good value. I appreciate your mention of the staff, specifically Piotr. We have a very good team at the Kossak Hotel and they all enjoy the day to day interaction with our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed your beautiful superior room and that you were able to take advantage of our amenities as well. Our location is central to so much of what Cracow is famous for. Whether it is sightseeing, shopping, dining or nightlife, there is something for everyone.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed 3 nights at this hotel in August 2013 with friends and was impressed from the time we entered our accommodation. The front desk clerk spoke fluent English which was an advantage immediately. He was very helpful with advice as were the other employees with whom we discussed items of local attraction. The rooms were very clean and serviced well with contemporary furnishings. The hotel was situated about 7 minutes walk to the óld town' which was quite a remarkable location. The beds were good and the pillows most comfortable which in our view supported the value for money accommodation costs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Phil S,

Thank you for sharing you recent experience at Kossak. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your experience especially impressed with the service. I will make sure to share your great feedback with the staff.

I am thrilled you feel impressed – that’s the reason why we are trying to be the best hotel you have every visited. This puts a huge smile on my face and it is what we want to create for all of our guests.. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Warm Regards,
Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

It's hard to find a modern boutique hotel in Krakow but this 4 star property looked the part so I booked in for three nights. We were assigned the wrong type of room on arrival, so we were given the correct type ( no apology) but the mattress was broken. I wrote a note in Polish so the room service people would understand and that was the last we heard of it. On check out, they said they got the note and tried to phone me but if they really wanted to contact me they could have emailed or left a note in the room or a message on the room phone. For a four star hotel, the bar is just a counter in the lobby and there are other aspects of the hotel which are strictly three star quality, e.g. Bathroom amenities were never replenished during my 3 night stay. However , a broken bed is not good enough for a hotel that regards itself as boutique and the response to my complaint was not good enough so I'm would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank dubkeith