“Hotel Kossak has an excellent restaurant and a very good position”
Review of Kossak Hotel

Kossak Hotel
Ranked #22 of 260 Hotels in Krakow
badgworth
“Hotel Kossak has an excellent restaurant and a very good position”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The Hotel Kossak is in a superb position, just across the road from Wawel Castle, Cathederal and the river and just a short walk from the main square.

We stayed in a suite which was a good size overlooking the River and the Castle.

The service was good and the staff very helpful.

We arranged from the Hotel to be picked up from the airport and taken back on return, this worked out very well, with an english speaking driver and it was only 80z.

The breakfast was very good with variety and choice, but the star was the restaurant on the 7th floor, we ate there 3 times, each time experiencing wonderful, fresh tasting food which wasn't expensive. The waiting staff were excellent and each time we were able to eat outside...a real bonus.

We would recommend this hotel and restaurant and in fact Kracow to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
OstiHotele, Front Office Manager at Kossak Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear maxBadgworth,

Thank you for writing such a thorough review of the hotel and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was great to hear that you found the location to be so perfect and the room to meet your every need. I am delighted you enjoyed liked our breakfast and excellent restaurant on the top floor.
I will pass on your comments to my Team who will appreciate that their efforts have been recognised.
We all look forward to welcoming you back next time you are Krakow

Kind Regards,
front office manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Finnish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Lodz, Poland
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The only one element, I can claim in Hotel Kossak, is the size of our room. Like for a double occupancy, was definitely too small. The rest is absolutely faultless. Good location, with spectacular panorama view from the top restaurant, places for parking the car around, friendly staff in front desk and in the restaurant and finally very reasonably price / 85€ B&B /.

Dear laserkid,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Kossak
I was extremely delighted to read that you had an enjoyable experience as a visitor in Cracow.

I would like to thank you for your positive words regarding our team whom you felt were so friendly and welcoming and I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.
Please note that apart of standard room we also have spacious suites. Maybe next time I will have a pleasure to prepare a special offer for such room for you?
I hope that we will have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to Kossak in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Best regards
Inverclyde, Scotland
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Airport - Krakow journey time approximately 20 minutes. We booked a return taxi via the Internet, however I think the taxi's at the airport are much cheaper, the plus side of pre booking meant a hassle free drop off and pick up.

Kossack Hotel: check in is 2 pm however we arrived at 10:30 and were allowed to check in immediately. A nice touch from the receptionist was to wish me a belated happy birthday. She noticed from my passport that it was my 50th birthday a couple of days before. We were allocated room 310 and we were not disappointed, the view over the river Wisla and the Wawel Castle was breathtaking in the near blue skies. The room had two single beds, would have preferred a double, however we were not guaranteed the same view. The fridge was fully stocked with very reasonable prices. There is also free wifi throughout the hotel and I got a great reception in my room. The pillows on the bed are the biggest I have ever seen, double the size of a normal pillow but very comfy. The tv defaulted to the roof top webcam showing the same view we had from our window with pleasant music playing. There is a speaker in the toilet so you can listen to music from the tv in there too.The channels are limited ie BBC world news and Eurosport in English. Another nice touch was the room clock had a iPhone/iPod docking and charging station on it. The castle tower clock chimed every hour, however we never heard it when we were in our room.

Breakfast was buffet style and catered for most people, the hot food was a desired taste, I like an English breakfast on holiday but the scramble eggs were too under cooked for me and the three types of sausage were all like a german sausage . On the plus side there were cereals , fresh fruit and cold meats so there was also something to eat.

The roof top restaurant had stunning views across Krakow, the only down side was that you cannot get a light meal or sandwich, they only offer a full a la carte menu which we tried and the food was excellent, just a bit much for lunch.

We booked two trips with Crakow Tours. Austwitz & the Salt Mine, the hotel is perfectly placed for pick ups for these trips as the bus park is straight across the street from the hotel. You can travel to these places on your own but the guided tour was excellent and the guides had an expert knowledge in both sites. I would thoroughly recommend both trips. We booked them via the Internet to ensure that we got on the trips but they are much cheaper if you book them locally. You can just turn up at the bus park and pay with cash or book through your hotel. The bus leaves twice a day 9am & 3pm. We also took a river cruise which lasted an hour, again very reasonable prices compared to the UK.

The main square is a ten minute walk from the hotel. Just cross the street and follow the tram lines all the way to the square, or you can ride the tram. The weather was always beautiful so we never used the trams. The square has over 50 restaurants and we sampled quite a few of them and we were never disappointed with the quality or price. There was free entertainment on each night we were there. There is also beautifully decorated horses with white carriages for all the romantics out there that tour the city or just around the square. Oh and the frozen daqurhi's are amazing too.........

During our four day stay the temperature stayed between 25-30 C. All in all I would highly recommend the Kossack Hotel & Krakow.

2 Thank Devol
Woking, Surrey.
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and friends and we had a wonderful time. Modern contemporary style.
The location is good as this hotel is about 10 minutes from the main square and 5 mins from the Wawel castle - we had a great view of the castle from our room.

Breakfast was tasty and varried with omelettes to order. Make sure you visit cafe Oranzeria for drinks in the evening and the impressive view.

Krakow is a beautiful place with lots to do, friendly people and warm weather (June)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Paul W
OstiHotele, Front Office Manager at Kossak Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Watzugno,

Firstly many thanks for taking the time to leave your very kind words following your stay at Kossak Hotel. I was delighted that you found all aspects of your stay to your liking and that you enjoyed your experiences in our breakfast quality and Restaurant on the top floor. I have passed on your kind words to the team and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

My kindest regards,
maidstone, kent. uk
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

First time visiting Poland, stayed 3 nights before travelling on.
We were lucky to get a special deal with taster menus on first night which was amazing. We loved eating on the roof terrace when the weather permitted. We had a superior room with lovely views over Wawel Castle and river. On our first night there was a fabulous fireworks display etc on the river all in the rain which we watched from our room.
Nothing at The Kossak Hotel was too much trouble for their all their excellent staff and a real plus ..........the beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear beaulox,

Thank you very much for posting your kind words following your recent stay at Kossak Hotel. I was delighted that you liked the hotel, the location of the hotel and the most important the service that our great team provide. I have passed on your kind words to the team and I do hope that you will join us again in the near future.

Kind regards,
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I would give this a perfect review but I had 2 very small niggles whilst staying here...
Perfect location, walking distance from everything so no need for cabs anywhere. Service was excellent and a bonus that all staff speak very good English as my polish is terrible even with the help of an App!
Breakfast food was lovely and loads of variety. Dinner on the 7th floor was amazing, wonderful views over the city and river with beautiful food that I wanted to go and hug the Chef for after I'd eaten it because it was so good!!
All in all brilliant stay only draw back was the crappy view (room 502) and the room was very warm, even with the air con on.
Would stay here again without a doubt :)

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Fiona L,

Thank you for your invaluable feedback following your recent stay with us.
Whilst I was pleased to note that you appreciated our team I am sorry to learn that you found our rooms not good enough. Please be sure that next time we will select great room for you.
I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the service we provide. Please do tell your friends and we look forward to welcoming them and yourself back in the near future.

Best regards,
Prague
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Easy to find driving.Greeted by friendly receptionist with perfect English .gave us an upgrade to a corner balcony suite.Very nice of her.lovely big room with views of the river and wawel castle.Excellent breakfast,possibly the best of our trip.best of all was the level of housekeeping.she didn't miss a thing.hotel very close to town centre and only five minutes walk to castle.A local told me the hotel was named after a famous local painter John kossak who's house still stands at the end of the street. We had two days in hotel kossak,we really needed four to see all of krakow.would highly recommend .

Dear Terry L,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your stay with us at Kossak Hotel. I was very proud to share your glowing review of your recent stay with our team. Thank you for your special remark about one of our housekeeping member! It is comments like this that really make her and our job worthwhile. We take great pride in the service we deliver and we look forward to meeting your expectations once again in the near future.

Kind reagrds,