“An Hotel with a view!”
Review of Kossak Hotel

Kossak Hotel
Ranked #28 of 262 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Great location with a terrace in the top of the building with the best view of Cracow.
Quiet and with helpful people.
The rooms are very confortable and if you choose a room to the front you have a wonderful view to the river.
I recommend.
From the hotel you get all the city walking. It's in the center.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view to the river
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
OstiHotele, Front Office Manager at Kossak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Fatimarebelo,

Thank you for delighful review! I appreciate you acknowledging the friendliness and attentiveness of our team ;it is certainly with great pleasure that we take every opportunity to exceed your expectations and we do hope to ensure you will want to return.

I am so glad to hear that you also enjoyed our Cafe Orangery Restaurant.

Welcome back to our hotel! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm regards,
Magdalena Sendorek
front office manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,512)

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had a great stay at the Kossak, but as a smoker i had requested a balcony-smoking room. On arrival i was told neither were available but if i wanted to upgrade to a balcony i could, it wasent expensive so i went for that as it was a huge room with sitting area, 2 x toilets 1 with ensuite, Complimentary slippers and dressing gown, tea-coffee making facilities, complimentary bottled water, large balcony with a great view of the river. The room and hotel were spotless breakfast was fine plenty to choose from so you would not be hungry! We also had lunch one day upstairs in the restaurant and it has fabulous views and food very good too. Would stay in the Kossak again no hesitation and would recommend it.

Room Tip: try to upgrade to a room with balcony
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Lovely hotel with great views of the castle and river.
Staff were efficient and friendly.
The location is quite good, not too far for a healthy person to stroll
into the famous square.
The rooms are very comfortable and warm in winter which is
very important here.
Breakfast was buffet style which I particularly like.
I'd have no problem staying here again and would look forward to it in fact.
Another benefit is the large car and bus park opposite the hotel from which many tours start.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the castle although I have a feeling most of them do.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
OstiHotele, Front Office Manager at Kossak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Guests,

We are thrilled to hear you had a marvelous time! What a rewarding thing to hear! We can't wait to have you back and please check out our rooms special offers and restaurant suprises for your upcoming trips. Thank you for recognizing our rooms and service quality.

Feel free to contact myself when your ready to book, I'd love to help get you a great offer and a great room. All our best, and thanks again.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Really nice hotel, rooms are modern and clean but the best bit is the bar on the roof. You get incredible views from up there and the food was delicious too!

It's about a 15 minute walk from the town square, which is a nice walk if the weather is good, but not so nice if it's raining, but you are right next to the castle and river.

The only negative is the fact that our room was on the first floor and located above the breakfast restaurant and we could hear the chairs being scraped along the floor each morning, so not ideal if you're a light sleeper. Breakfast runs 7-10, so there was little chance for a lie in. That said though, I would definitely stay again but would request a room on a higher floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor so you don't have to listen to the chairs being dragged along t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KHR12

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your constructive feedback.
We’re so happy to hear how much you enjoyed our restaurant of the top floor. Isn’t it the best? We know how important a great night’s sleep is, and especially while traveling therefore I am really sorry for disturbing you on morning time. On next occassion please do not hesitate to contact with us. We will be happy to provide you a room on the higher floor.
We hope that each visit to Kossak Hotel will be equally as enjoyable – just as it should be.

Warm regards,
Front office manager

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was our first time in Krakow and went by Trip Advisor ratings / feedback to find some decent accomadation.
Certainly not disappointed with this hotel.
Room spacious and clean.
Staff gave you service of a 5*.
Not far from city centre.

Room Tip: The suite is great.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FletchSouthampton_

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a thorough review of the hotel and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was great to hear that you found the location to be so perfect and the room to meet your every need. I am delighted you enjoyed our service.
I will pass on your comments to my Team who will appreciate that their efforts have been recognised.
We all look forward to welcoming you back next time you are Krakow

Kind Regards,
Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Apologies my first review although good was removed as I originally stayed here in 2009 so it was outside the timelines I assume. I am not sure why it was rejected as I also stated that er, I paid for my parents to stay here in February 2012 (because we liked it so much) and they had the same experience. Nothing had changed since my partner and I visited. My father didnt realise that you could ask for different eggs at breakfast however, not just what was out in the buffet so that's something to remember.

The bedrooms are still immaculate and modern.

The staff are very pleasant and helpful. I e-mailed in advance to request a particular room for my parents and this request was met no problem.

The location is very good and it's a short walk to the river and the castle and also into the town for the restaurants.

My parents really enjoyed it 2.5 years after my partner and I went so it remains a consistently good hotel.

Would definitely stay here again if we returned to Krackow.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sjw1066
OstiHotele, Front Office Manager at Kossak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Firstly I am so pround that also this time we didn't 'mess it up' an we met all of your expections.
It is a pleasure to receive such a good feedback from our guests.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and you especially liked our rooms and breakfast quality and overall service. I will pass on your comments to my team who will appreciate that their efforts have been recognised.

I look forward to welcoming you back again to Hotel Kossak

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Well positioned hotel just across the road from the river, the excellent & very cheap tram service stops oputside.
Lovely spacious, light, very clean & modern rooms. beware very high sides on bath can cause problems getting in & out of shower.
All staff very helpful & polite
Nice assortment of foods for breakfast,
free bottled water in the room.

Restaurant / roof garden on 7th floor (note lift only goes to 6th floor) great views and excellent food.Happy hour (for selected drinks only ) 4 to 6 pm Food and drinks very reasonable for 4* hotel.
Plus plenty of eating places nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms on front have nice views
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank coaltownjack

Dear Guests,

I can not thank you enough for so delightful review! It was a pleasure for me to read that you enjoyed your stay at Kossak Hotel. I am pleased to note that you enjoyed our facilities and hospitality offered by our staff. We always try do our best to create great experiences and your appreciation of our staff and services really motivates us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Kossak Hotel!

Best regards,